Top of the Flops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the Flops...

So here's a fun question to lighten the mood...

Name your FLOP 3 suspects?

Yes you read it right...name your 3 worst suspects...the ones who you consider to have absolutely no chance of being the murderer

BUT...it CAN'T be any suspect who already has a proven link to any of the alleged victims/crime scenes of the case.

e.g.
    Barnett - MJK's Ex
    Lechmere - discovered Nichols
    McCarthy - MJK's landlord

Although technically you CAN include Hutchinson because he can't be PROVEN as a witness OR to having known MJK

Hopefully that makes sense.

So...flop 3 please?

I will give mine once the thread has kick started

Happy flopping!

"Great minds, don't think alike"

The unknown/unamed suspect.

Comment

I think it can be factually stated that Michael Ostrog, Thomas Cream. and Prince Albert Victor have absolutely no chance of being the murderer. Herlock and I talked about this recently, and he also included Vincent Van Gogh. I'm sure he's right, but that leads me to the point that generally, famous people are ridiculous suspects. Francis Thompson is the only famous person that I would consider a viable suspect, and even him I wouldn't consider one of the top suspects.

Comment

Cue a certain poster to mention Druitt……….
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hard to pick a worst three.

Prince Albert Victor
          Lewis Carroll
          Dr William Gull
          Michael Ostrog
          HH Holmes
          Francis Tumblety
          Thomas Barnardo
          Randolph Churchill
          Arthur Conan Doyle
          William Gladstone
          James Maybrick

I'll try to narrow it down later.
          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post
            Hard to pick a worst three.

Prince Albert Victor
            Lewis Carroll
            Dr William Gull
            Michael Ostrog
            HH Holmes
            Francis Tumblety
            Thomas Barnardo
            Randolph Churchill
            Arthur Conan Doyle
            William Gladstone
            James Maybrick

I'll try to narrow it down later.
            For a start, Tumblety is hardly a flop suspect. He was in London at the time of the murders and was named by Littlechild of the Special Branch as a potential suspect. He remains a viable suspect, even though I believe he was most likely in custody at the time of MJK's murder, but that is not definite.

I won't even bite the bait of Maybrick.
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

The worst suspect ever is Druitt.

Second is Macnaghten

* I don't consider Maybrick to be a suspect, not even a person of interest, although I would understand if someone added him to the list of the worst.

The Baron
              Last edited by The Baron; 07-30-2023, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                The worst suspect ever is Druitt.

Second is Macnaghten

* I don't consider Maybrick to be a suspect, not even a person of interest, although I would understand if someone added him to the list of the worst.

The Baron
                First I've heard of Macnaughton being a suspect.

I agree that Druitt is a poor suspect, but he was young and fit, which puts him far more likely than an elderly recovering stroke victim like Gull. And while I think his suicide had nothing to do with him being the Ripper, the timing makes him more likely than someone like Lechmere, who lived three decades after the last victim was murdered.
                "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

The aardvark
                  Prince Albert Victor
                  Lewis Carroll
                  Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Vincent Van Gogh
                    Lewis Carroll
                    Francis Thompson
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                      The aardvark
                      Prince Albert Victor
                      Lewis Carroll
                      I see that wily aarvark has fooled yet another person.

Comment

Working...
                      X