Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Jacks identity revealed - Daily Express"

Thoughts?
    Not sure if the lady is on the forums (Sarah Bax Horton)

Hoping the link works (and isn't against the rules - please delete if it is, apologies!!)

Jack the Ripper's identity 'revealed' after medical record discovery | UK | News | Express.co.uk

I must have missed it in between all the adverts and click bait articles. What evidence does she actually offer?

At least with other candidates there is some kind of circumstantial evidence, or named by police as a suspect or a potential artefact or document that might link them to the crimes.

Is she saying because he was in Colney Hatch and had epilepsy that makes him the ripper?

Who was the witness that reported Jack having a stiff arm?

Seems she has cracked the case.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

yup, very very vague!!

Comment

I’ve pre-ordered this one. Hyams is one of those suspects that appear, from the little that I know of him, to be worth a second look. Wolf Vanderlinden’s dissertation on him (on here) is worth a read if you haven’t already done it. The book gets praise from Paul Begg which makes it worth a look in my opinion. It could be an interesting one.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Here is the link to the Yahoo article regarding as well: Curious as to what you all think about this other than we need evidence here.
          A former police volunteer claims to have discovered the identity of the figure behind some of the most shocking crimes in British history, unmasking the 19th-century murderer who terrorised the nation as Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Filby View Post
            Here is the link to the Yahoo article regarding as well: Curious as to what you all think about this other than we need evidence here.
            This is a far better article.

Right now, I don’t buy the foot dragging, one-armed killer with a dodgy gait as Jack. Maybe there will be more substantial information in the book. If Paul Begg has endorsed it then it is most definitely worth a read.
            JayHartley.com

Comment

I couldn’t resist paying £3.99 for the Kindle version of the above. Check out the chapter headings.

Quaker’s in Brighton (1802)
              Prince Albert seduces Emily
              Emily’s exile from Brighton’s Quaker’s
              The fallout after Prince Albert’s death.
              John’s military deployment for England.
              Entangled with Royalty.
              The Royal rape.
              The hunt is on.
              The ‘first kill’ in England.
              The search for the killers
              Expedition Crossingham’s
              Walter Sickert; Dreams of crimson red.
              Fatal hop-picking.
              Lies, coding and the Freemasons.
              Scotland Yard steps up its game.
              Prince Eddie’s birthday gift - Mary’s heart.
              Silencing Jack.​

Crossingham’s existed so it must all be true.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
                I am unaware of any witness describing a man with a stiff arm or an irregular gait.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

He was picked up by police as a “wandering lunatic” towards the end of 1888 and committed to an asylum until his death in 1913.

The Ripper was obviously a very disturbed individual but I don't see his actions as those of a "wandering lunatic."

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

I am unaware of any witness describing a man with a stiff arm or an irregular gait.
                    Only gait refs I can think of are AMan -'walked very sharp', which clearly isn't HH, and didn't that Cleary chap have a shuffling sort of gait?

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Only gait refs I can think of are AMan -'walked very sharp', which clearly isn't HH, and didn't that Cleary chap have a shuffling sort of gait?
                      Although I doubt it, could a "drunken" B.S. man, as described by Schwartz, simply have been exhibiting a "shuffling sort of gait?"

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
                        I must have missed it in between all the adverts and click bait articles. What evidence does she actually offer?

At least with other candidates there is some kind of circumstantial evidence, or named by police as a suspect or a potential artefact or document that might link them to the crimes.

Is she saying because he was in Colney Hatch and had epilepsy that makes him the ripper?

Seems she has cracked the case.
                        I read something about one of the two 'witnesses' to a man being with Catherine Eddowes, shortly before the murder - (Levy?) was a relative of some type to Hyams, and that he was perceived as reluctant in some of his testimony at the inquest. Also, the business, behind which Catherine Eddowes murder was conducted, also had some indirect association with Hyams.

He has four things going for him, indisputably, concerning the murder of Catherine Eddows: he lived nearby; he was violently insane; he was abusive to his wife; and the canonical murders ceased once he was interred.

He also has a few things against him: certain physical limitations; questions as to how this crippled person jumped the fence behind Hansbury street, or why he ventured out of the neighborhood to kill - that's a long trip back to mitre square dragging your left foot, and a long journey out of Buck's row; a suspicion as to why Mary Kelly would merrily lead someone like Hyams into her bedroom; a notion that the police vetted all violent, psychotic jews interred in insane asylums during that time. 1 stone and 7 pounds is 147 pounds: far from a muscular set, even back then'
                        Last edited by Newbie; 07-16-2023, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post

I read something about one of the two 'witnesses' to a man being with Catherine Eddowes, shortly before the murder - (Levy?) was a relative of some type to Hyams, and that he was perceived as reluctant in some of his testimony at the inquest. Also, the business, behind which Catherine Eddowes murder was conducted, also had some indirect association with Hyams.

He has four things going for him, indisputably, concerning the murder of Catherine Eddows: he lived nearby; he was violently insane; he was abusive to his wife; and the canonical murders ceased once he was interred.

He also has a few things against him: certain physical limitations; questions as to how this crippled person jumped the fence behind Hansbury street, or why he ventured out of the neighborhood to kill - that's a long trip back to mitre square dragging your left foot, and a long journey out of Buck's row; a suspicion as to why Mary Kelly would merrily lead someone like Hyams into her bedroom; a notion that the police vetted all violent, psychotic jews interred in insane asylums during that time. 1 stone and 7 pounds is 147 pounds: far from a muscular set, even back then'
                          You offer a fair bit to unpack, but my main issue is that the psychological profile is all wrong. These murders were not committed by someone suffering from a form of psychosis. These murders were more than likely committed by a psychopathic lust killer. Most serial killers would be psychopathic as opposed to psychotic. There have been spree killers who have suffered bouts of psychosis, but generally speaking, most serial killers would be psychopathic. If you were killing purely in relation to a psychotic episode, it would present no real pattern. Murders would take place on a Wednesday, during the day etc. It would be more random than weekends and bank holidays. That pattern alone suggests the murders fitted someone's free time and were organised to a degree.

Being street women, they would still have a sense of who is likely to be strange or dangerous. After Chapman's murder, the sense that Jack was a jew was heightened incredibly. To say the police were suspicious of Jews is true, but it doesn't mean the killer was a jew. It originally stemmed from the idea the killer was a Jewish butcher familiar with the skill of kosher. This is because of how the throats were cut. In reality, that throat technique was limited to cattle slaughterers. After the arrest of Pizer the press went wild with anti-semitism. I struggle greatly that Eddowes (who had more than likely had sobered up by the time she was killed) would have gone with a strange Jewish man.
                          Last edited by erobitha; 07-16-2023, 08:37 PM.
                          JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                            I’ve just had this one pointed out to me too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper...28984986&psc=1

The sample excerpt is uninformative and really offers little interest for me at this point.

Comment

Working...
                            X