Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK unanswered...

Why was MJK seemingly the odd one out?

Why was her murder the only one that occurred inside?

Why did JTR choose to kill MJK being that she was considerably younger than all his previous victims?

Was MJK the last JTR victim, or did he kill again?

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Opportunity is the most likely reason.
    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
      Opportunity is the most likely reason.
      I agree with that to a certain extent with the outdoor murders, but for MJK there's a personal element that makes it feel different to the rest.

Another key question is, how long did the killer have with MJK?

If we include the moment he entered the room to the point he left, what is the longest possible time frame?

The killer must have known he wouldn't be disturbed, but how did he know that? How could he be sure he wouldn't be interrupted?
      "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

I agree with that to a certain extent with the outdoor murders, but for MJK there's a personal element that makes it feel different to the rest.

Another key question is, how long did the killer have with MJK?

If we include the moment he entered the room to the point he left, what is the longest possible time frame?

The killer must have known he wouldn't be disturbed, but how did he know that? How could he be sure he wouldn't be interrupted?
        Assuming the killer was a client he would have expected some privacy for a while. Kelly wouldn't have any regular clients if she were continually interrupted during sex. I don't think it's the most outrageous suggestion that both he and Kelly expected to be alone especially during the wee hours. I'm going to say sex workers with their own rooms get enough privacy for 98-99% of their encounters.

Comment

Why did JTR choose to kill MJK being that she was considerably younger than all his previous victims?

I don't see anything significant in her age. If you have a series of murders then one of the victims is always going to be the youngest. One will be the oldest, tallest, heaviest etc.

I also don't see anything personal in her murder. I think it was just a combination of time and opportunity.

c.d.

Comment

Why was MJK seemingly the odd one out?
            Opportunity

Why was her murder the only one that occurred inside?
            She had her own room, hence the opportunity. Not planned for, but taken advantage of.

That was a bonus. I guess he probably always preferred the younger ones, but the opportunity was not as great for the older, more street-bound types. The fact she sold her body for sex was ultimately the main criterion he needed for his desires.

Was MJK the last JTR victim, or did he kill again?
            I believe she was the last victim

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

It was a unique murder in some ways, but the same can be said about other murders. Nichols was by far the easternmost murder. If the generally held view of Chapman's murder is correct, she was the only one murdered after dawn. Stride was the only one killed south of Whitechapel Road and the only one with no mutilations.

I believe it's slightly more than 50/50 that McKenzie was a JtR victim.

Comment

With MJK, the killer had time to indulge his perversion. I don't think age is relevant as I believe he took the opportunity to kill when he came across victims in relatively quiet and darkened locations. I see why MJK's killing seems 'personal' because of the obliteration of her face, but Catherine Eddowes also had facial lacerations, so it is probably safe to say that, given the time and opportunity, the attacker targeted the face as well as the abdomen and neck.

Comment

Working...
                X