no overt sexual abuse or rape to victims
    no overt signs of torture
    no overt mental illness
    ruse used to trick victims
    flattery and joking type conversation with victims to put them at ease
    lets victims lead to secluded area
    takes trophies, possesions and body parts
    main focus is post mortem
    main motivation is fascination, curiosity with what his knife can do to the female body
    dissection, removal and taking away of internal and or external body parts.
    maybe sexually incompetent
    sociopath
    narcissistic
    thinks he's smarter than everyone else
    poses victims and enjoys the shock value his crimes give
    hates police
    newspaper reader of his crimes
    writes messages and or letters of his crimes
    perceived as arrogant by his peers
    relatively well dressed
    probably middle class, not poor
    street smart

Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-29-2023, 05:59 AM.

Upper class, worked in the legal profession?

Worth a try.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Loved to flog cotton...

Seeing as Herlock is having a punt
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

Appears a likely fit. Now how many people do we know like that wandering about at the time?
        Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Hi Abby & all,

Based on the evidence, I think he was:
          - strong
          - swift
          - practical in the sense that he attacked & cut in such a way that he didn't get much blood on himself
          - kept an eye & ear on his surroundings while with his victims
          - local, who knew the area like the back of his hand
          - right-handed
          - enough in contol of himself as to not give himself away until it was too late for his victims
          - someone who didn't stand out
          - was driven by his desire to mutilate

Furthermore, it's my personal belief that he:
          - was between 25 and 35 years old
          - was probably living with family
          - never had a serious relationship, but was very interested in the female body
          - had read books about especially the female body & anatomy
          - had quite possibly visited a museum where those wax women were on display (those who looked like Mary Ann Kelly)
          - wasn't necessarily a smooth talker, but rather appeared to be quite timid and inoffensive
          - showed money to get women to take him to quiet spots, letten them think they were going there for a knee-trembler
          - quite possibly worked or had done work as a butcher of sorts

Just my 2 cents.

All the best,
          Frank

PS I forgot to add that I think he didn't do what he did for shock value or notoriety, although he may very well have got to enjoy that after a while, as a by-product. I think, in general, he wasn't much interested in other people.
          Last edited by FrankO; 06-30-2023, 12:44 PM.
          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankO View Post
            Hi Abby & all,

Based on the evidence, I think he was:
            - strong
            - swift
            - practical in the sense that he attacked & cut in such a way that he didn't get much blood on himself
            - kept an eye & ear on his surroundings while with his victims
            - local, who knew the area like the back of his hand
            - right-handed
            - enough in contol of himself as to not give himself away until it was too late for his victims
            - someone who didn't stand out
            - was driven by his desire to mutilate

Furthermore, it's my personal belief that he:
            - was between 25 and 35 years old
            - was probably living with family
            - never had a serious relationship, but was very interested in the female body
            - had read books about especially the female body & anatomy
            - had quite possibly visited a museum where those wax women were on display (those who looked like Mary Ann Kelly)
            - wasn't necessarily a smooth talker, but rather appeared to be quite timid and inoffensive
            - showed money to get women to take him to quiet spots, letten them think they were going there for a knee-trembler
            - quite possibly worked or had done work as a butcher of sorts

Just my 2 cents.

All the best,
            Frank

PS I forgot to add that I think he didn't do what he did for shock value or notoriety, although he may very well have got to enjoy that after a while, as a by-product. I think, in general, he wasn't much interested in other people.
            Hi Frank, I like this as these things go. The only point I might alter is the 'quite timid and inoffensive' bit. For reasons I've suggested on other threads I have a feeling he might have been the other way. The closest I can suggest for an anology is someone like Bellfield. Some comments Sutton made about him:
            • [Bellfield] has a massive ego to feed, he thinks he's God's gift to everyone. He drives around in his car, feels a bit 'whatever' and sees some young blonde girl. Young blonde girl says 'go away' and he thinks 'you dare to turn down Levi Bellfield, you're worth nothing' and then she gets a whack over the head. It is shown in the case of Kate Sheedy. She was smart enough to think she didn't like the look of his car and crosses the road. He thinks 'You think you're so clever' and whoosh, he runs her over.​
            • When we started dealing with him he came across as very jokey, like he's your best mate. But he's a cunning individual, violent. He can switch from being nice to being nasty, instantly
            IMO

Comment

Didn't like prostitutes, or those he thought might be prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Hi Frank, I like this as these things go. The only point I might alter is the 'quite timid and inoffensive' bit. For reasons I've suggested on other threads I have a feeling he might have been the other way. The closest I can suggest for an anology is someone like Bellfield. Some comments Sutton made about him:
                • [Bellfield] has a massive ego to feed, he thinks he's God's gift to everyone. He drives around in his car, feels a bit 'whatever' and sees some young blonde girl. Young blonde girl says 'go away' and he thinks 'you dare to turn down Levi Bellfield, you're worth nothing' and then she gets a whack over the head. It is shown in the case of Kate Sheedy. She was smart enough to think she didn't like the look of his car and crosses the road. He thinks 'You think you're so clever' and whoosh, he runs her over.​
                • When we started dealing with him he came across as very jokey, like he's your best mate. But he's a cunning individual, violent. He can switch from being nice to being nasty, instantly
                IMO
                Hi Wulf,

Thanks and, of course, the Ripper may well have been (more) like Bellfield. It's just a feeling that I have and feelings don't count for much. However, when I wrote that he would have appeared timid & inoffensive I didn't mean to say he actually was. What I meant was that in his daily life he would generally be seen as that and he would have given that impression to his victims too, but then, obviously, at some point he would have shown his true colours, switching from timid & inoffensive to being brutally nasty.

On the subject, I also believe he launched his initial attack when his victims were distracted, for instance, when they were putting away the money he'd given them.

And could you explain to me why you think he might have been the other way, as I haven't read the threads where you gave reasons why you think this?

Cheers,
                Frank
                Last edited by FrankO; 07-01-2023, 10:01 AM.
                "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                  Hi Wulf,

Thanks and, of course, the Ripper may well have been (more) like Bellfield. It's just a feeling that I have and feelings don't count for much. However, when I wrote that he would have appeared timid & inoffensive I didn't mean to say he actually was. What I meant was that in his daily life he would generally be seen as that and he would have given that impression to his victims too, but then, obviously, at some point he would have shown his true colours, switching from timid & inoffensive to being brutally nasty.

On the subject, I also believe he launched his initial attack when his victims were distracted, for instance, when they were putting away the money he'd given them.

And could you explain to me why you think he might have been the other way, as I haven't read the threads where you gave reasons why you think this?

Cheers,
                  Frank
                  Yes I agree when looking victims and going with them he would have come across as extremely normal. I was more thinking about what he was like day-to-day. Was he the quiet man who kept himself to himself, or was he the confident, boasting, egotistical type? My argument is nothing more than speculation based on more speculation. Be interested to see what the new NCA profile suggests.

Comment

Yes I agree when looking victims and going with them he would have come across as extremely normal. I was more thinking about what he was like day-to-day. Was he the quiet man who kept himself to himself, or was he the confident, boasting, egotistical type? My argument is nothing more than speculation based on more speculation. Be interested to see what the new NCA profile suggests.
                    Even modern-day profilers cannot be totally accurate when trying to profile a modern-day serial killer, so they have no chance of being able to accurately profile a serial killer from 1888, but when the profile is produced I am sure there will be those who will want to channel it in the direction of which suspect it favours

Comment

I actually wonder if there is any point posting anything on this site.

Comment

I know how you feel Wulf.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

It is Why I am fast losing interest.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Too much effort these days .
                            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

I've noticed that Bury roughly fits most of the profiles. That can't be a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X