confusion over jewish suspects name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confusion over jewish suspects name

Surely if the police really suspected a Jew of been the murderer to the extent of putting him under surveillance taking him to the seaside home to have him identified they would do the very basics first like find out his name
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Well...

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Surely if the police really suspected a Jew of been the murderer to the extent of putting him under surveillance taking him to the seaside home to have him identified they would do the very basics first like find out his name
    We are dealing with police here. Also, keep in mind if they can't actually prove it then maybe it was a matter of being able to cover their rears. Also, Kozminski and Kaminski are terribly similar. Just to cite an example. I also had this thought the other day. What if Koz, for example confessed. Or was coerced into a confession. Still with no proof and being insane there is not much that could've been done about it. Think about it. Koz confessed to something he didn't do and there was no proof either. A possible explanation, completely baseless of course, for a top policeman to adamently state he was the killer. I know, it's absurd.
    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Point I'm trying to make is I don't think the police at the time had any real evidence against anyone.surely to God if you had a suspect for a crime of this magnitude first thing you would do is find out the person's name also if they had any evidence no matter how small why not arrest him.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Where does it state the first name was unknown?

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Pink - the trouble with these wretched foreign names is that they're so bloody hard to say, let alone spell. How can we expect the police to cope, eh? It's unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
            Where does it state the first name was unknown?

Monty
            It doesn't but one is entitled to draw an inference by the fact that all who seem to have been so quick to mention the surname in their writing would have been expected to know and at some point mention a christian name having regard to the high profile case.

I don't recall many if any, other "prime suspects" who had direct involvement with the police to the extent Kosmiski is purported to have had being mentioned constantly by surname only.

Comment

In such an important case as this you would think the police would pull out all the stops and leave no stone unturned and gather as much information as possible if they were dealing with such a serious suspect

Comment

My conclusion about the confusion over the name is that the Jewish gentleman in question was not a serious suspect and the police were just clutching at straws if they had any evidence at all he would have been arrested

Comment

The drawing of inference is by no means the establishment of fact.

You constantly state ‘Prime Suspect’ as if Kosminski was contemporarily regarded as that. Whilst the fact he is mentioned by one of the most senior Officials within the force, referred to by another and named by probably the most well informed Policeman on the case does hold weight to his seeming importance, there is nothing which places him as the ideal contender.

However, that said, he cannot be dismissed out of hand either.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

What gets me though is if such an important suspect police have left no detailed information about him and why he was so important

Comment

The suspect file is depleted.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

evidence

Hello Jason.

"Point I'm trying to make is I don't think the police at the time had any real evidence against anyone."

I believe they stated as much.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

faith

Hello Trevor.

". . .all who seem to have been so quick to mention the surname in their writing would have been expected to know and at some point mention a Christian name. . ."

But possibly not of a Jewish person?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

been there; done that

Hello Jason.

"In such an important case as this you would think the police would pull out all the stops and leave no stone unturned and gather as much information as possible if they were dealing with such a serious suspect."

It is my firm conviction they did.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Trevor.

". . .all who seem to have been so quick to mention the surname in their writing would have been expected to know and at some point mention a Christian name. . ."

But possibly not of a Jewish person?

Cheers.
                              LC
                              But if the name Kosminski was mentioned from Whitechapel then I would have expected most people to infer that the person was Jewish having regards to the number of Jews resident there then.

And what is the significance in the Jewish angle?

Comment

Working...
                              X