No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper's possible secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The simplest way of joining the "dots" would be a CROSS surely?

A hint that Lechmere was the culprit?

An arrow surely needs an element of imposition, an assumption that the outlying "dots" should be joined to the western most, rather than to the central one?

But what about a diamond? Seek the killer in Hatton Garden perhaps? Or someone jilted on their engagement?

But I don't see how a map, which already showed (incorrectly?) the sites of murders, could be useful to Jack. Surely the original killings would have been at random? (That is, BEFORE the map was published.)

Phil

Comment

Back up a sec.

It says it's the locations of the seven undiscovered murders. Which begs two questions. 1: If they were undiscovered, how do they know where the murders took place and 2: What undiscovered murders?
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

"undiscovered" means unsolved.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by niko View Post
          Fiherman I supose you'll have to ask that to The Ilustrated POLICE News who were the ones that printed the map with the murder sites, all I've done is circled and highlighted them, all the best.

Niko.
          Yes, but what use is a map where some sort of geometrical figure seems to be about if the dots forming the figure are faulty from the outset?

Just asking. And not necessarily the IPN.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

Come, let me clutch thee.

Hello Michael.

"I see a dagger."

Or is it only a dagger of the mind?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Oh heaven's!! Do we have to look for a Lady Jack now aswell as jack?

Did he exclaim as he washed his hands in the sink in Dorset St (with the City cops close on his heels) "Will my little hand never be clean?" or "What hands are here? Hah! They pluck out mine eyes. Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood Clean from my hand? No; this my hand will rather The multitudinous seas incarnadine, Making the green one red."

Phil

Comment

Hi ace,

Welcome the boards.

With respect to your ideas, I have a slight problem accepting them as a 'big discovery'. I do not know how much previous research you have done, but the discovery of Jewish buildings, businesses and people living and working close to murder sites is hardly surprising, as others have pointed out, because it was a district heavily populated with Jewish people.

The idea of the murder sites forming any sort of shape or symbol doesn't impress me either, simply because of the impracticalities of ensuring that a victim was in the exact required place at the time of the attack and the problem of manoeuvring the victim into the right place to satisfy the shape of the symbol if they were not in the exact right place.

The victims were chosen for their availability and vulnerability at the particular time that the killer found them. It is possible he guided them to a quieter spot where he could attack them with a lower risk of being caught or disturbed (Stride being the exception, possibly) but I would personally rule out the idea that the murder locations have any real significance.

I think the realy mystery about Jack is that there is no mystery. He wasn't caught because he blended in, took his chances and his risks - and then feld into the night. The techniques available for the detection of such attackers was much too basic and the whole idea of a 'ripper' - as kind of 'fiend' was built, developed, expanded and exploited by the popluar press to ensure an audience for their stories. From these circumstances, the ripper myth has grown, endured and gained 'fans' - a ripper industry - and thus, here we find ourselves.

Comment

Well, since I don't think Tabram was a victim, and I don't think there's any reason to put Goulston St. on the map, I think only Buck's Row, Hanbury St., Berner St., and Miller's Court are really important. If you look carefully, you can see that the killer was trying to draw a smiley face, and just needed one more in right corner of the mouth. That was supposed to be Eddowes, who was heading northeast on Aldgate where it became Whitechapel Rd., but got herself arrested. In a fit of exasperation, the killer couldn't get her to the right location (and had probably paid her in advance, and just killed her where she was).

He took his frustration out on Mary Kelly a few weeks later, then hopped in a police box, and fast-forwarded to New York in the late 1990s, where he became the "Smiley-face" killer, settling for simply drawing a smiley-face near each body dump, because trying to get victims to cooperate, and get themselves to the right places at the right time is more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

I blush to wear a heart so white.

Hello Phil. Thanks.

Actually, I think his line at the wash stand was,"A little water clears us of the deed."

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

"US of this deed" - so you are arguing that Jack had an accomplice?

Or was he using the royal "we" - so you are subtley hinting that you think Eddy dunnit?

Comment

laid an egg

Hello Phil. Thanks.

Perhaps a woman was egging him on?

Or am I over egging the pudding?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Michael.

"I see a dagger."

Or is it only a dagger of the mind?
                          That's I meant and what I know you knew I meant...on all 3 levels.

Mike
                          huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                            "US of this deed" - so you are arguing that Jack had an accomplice?

Or was he using the royal "we" - so you are subtley hinting that you think Eddy dunnit?
                            I thought he was suggesting an American had done it, and forgot to hit the "shift" key.

Comment

Ah node it.

Hello Michael. Thanks.

Ah, but did you know that I knew that you knew it?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Hello Michael. Thanks.

Ah, but did you know that I knew that you knew it?
                                I only know what was unknown.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X