An Accomplice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

There's only a few theories I'd rate as barking mad. One is the Lewis Carroll bad anagram theory.

Another is the Royal Conspiracy.
    * A groups of alcoholic semi-homeless prostitutes decides to blackmail the British government over something provably false.
    * The British government decides this is a major threat to the monarchy.
    * They put together a crack team consisting of an elderly recovering stroke victim, a man who wasn't in Britain, and a coachman.
    * The crack team decides to murder the would-be blackmailers in a way that turns them from nobodies into household names and makes the government look ineffective.
    * And the crack team leaves clues that implicate the Masons.
    * The British government is just fine with all this and doesn't see any way it could be done better.
    * The blackmail club is too dim to notice or care that the Ripper is only killing members of the blackmail club.
    * A year after the last blackmailler is dead, the British government decides the elderly stroke victim is a threat and fake his death.
    * The painter spends decades hiding a child from the government and leaving more clues that implicate the Masons. The British government does nothing.
    * The coachman, on his own initiative, spend the rest of his life ineptly trying to kill the painter and the child.

That's before we consider that the Royal Conspiracy was an admitted hoax.
    It’s a great plot for a thriller Fiver. I’d have to add Vincent Van Gogh to the list. The inconvenient fact that he was in France at the time of the murders still didn’t deter the author of the theory. Likewise Neill Cream. Conan Doyle is another complete non-starter of course. Like Lewis Carroll these are basically cases of theorist looking at people who were alive at the time and seeing if they can find anything that they can use to shoehorn their suspect in whether it’s anagrams or seeing concealed images within paintings. We can only wonder who will be next. No one’s suggested Warren yet as far as I know.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Which brings us to another shadowy figure with two names that might be worth scrutinizing: Richard Deacon.
      I unintentionally skimmed past your post Roger and….what……someone’s accused Richard Dawkins? I know that his wife was in Dr Who but I didn’t know he had a TARDIS?

You’re talking about Donald McCormick of course.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Maybrick and Lowry.

Comment

Although I am still interested if there's any chance Charles Ludwig and Seweryn Klosowski knew each other. Ludwig was arrested just down the road from Klosowski's basement and they were both hairdressers. They were both using the alias Ludwig at the same time in Whitechapel, 1888 and to top it off Dutton's diary alleged Klosowski had a double who was a foreign hairdresser. Maybe that "double" was Charles.
          By "Klosowski's basement" I think you mean the shop under the White Hart pub. Klosowski, however, didn't move here until 1890. He ran a barber shop at 126 Cable Street, St. George's in the East, and was likely living there during the Ripper murders. Nobody should be using Dr. Dutton as a source. Ever.

Wolf.

Comment

tumblety paying chapman to do his dirty work.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Wolf,

Sage advice, my friend.

Hope you're well.

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thank you Simon.

I'm as well as can be expected. Tough year but there is light at the end of the tunnel (fingers crossed) here in Ontario.

Stay safe my friend.

Wolf.

Comment

Working...
                X