Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Mudgett TED Talk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jeff Mudgett TED Talk

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MvvFYPE397M

    Just found this little gem, it predates the truly awful series he did.
    I particularly like his montage of contemporary images of the ripper that match Holmes, including a sketch of the Johnny Gill crime scene?
    Bonus points if you can get through the full 20 minutes without flying into a rage!
    Thems the Vagaries.....

  • #2
    My issue with the theory that Holmes was JTR is that Holmes was bright. He went to great lengths to conceal his murders. He did not want to get caught. I doubt he would take the chances that Jack took.

    Comment


    • #3
      My issue with his theory is that there’s pretty good evidence from multiple sources that H.H. Holmes was in Chicago in the Autumn of 1888 and zero evidence he was anywhere else.

      JM

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by celee View Post
        My issue with the theory that Holmes was JTR is that Holmes was bright. He went to great lengths to conceal his murders. He did not want to get caught. I doubt he would take the chances that Jack took.
        lol. and yet he got caught and the ripper did not. brilliant comparison
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

        -Edgar Allan Poe


        "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

        -Frederick G. Abberline

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

          lol. and yet he got caught and the ripper did not. brilliant comparison
          It was a botched insurance scam that led to Holmes being caught.

          c.d.

          Comment


          • #6
            never mind
            Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-01-2020, 05:21 AM.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

            -Edgar Allan Poe


            "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

            -Frederick G. Abberline

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by c.d. View Post

              It was a botched insurance scam that led to Holmes being caught.

              c.d.
              no **** sherlock. whats your point?
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

              -Edgar Allan Poe


              "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

              -Frederick G. Abberline

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                lol. and yet he got caught and the ripper did not. brilliant comparison
                And yet, thanks to the wonderful hard work of Jeff Mudgett we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that "Jack The Ripper" was ultimately brought to justice. Or something. Cheers Jeff.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                  no **** sherlock. whats your point?
                  Why such a rude response?

                  c.d.
                  Last edited by c.d.; 03-01-2020, 03:11 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by c.d. View Post

                    Why such a rude response?

                    c.d.
                    sorry cd. i though you were being intentionally snide to me. apologize if i missed your point.

                    anyway if you can expound on what you meant then would appreciate it!
                    Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-01-2020, 04:02 PM.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

                    -Edgar Allan Poe


                    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                    -Frederick G. Abberline

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                      sorry cd. i though you were being intentionally snide to me. apologize if i missed your point.

                      anyway if you can expound on what you meant then would appreciate it!
                      Ok. No problem. I simply meant that had not Holmes tried to be a little too slick and add an insurance scam to his murder that he might have continued on without being caught. The investigation of the insurance scam lead to the search of the so called "Murder Castle."

                      c.d.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by c.d. View Post

                        Ok. No problem. I simply meant that had not Holmes tried to be a little too slick and add an insurance scam to his murder that he might have continued on without being caught. The investigation of the insurance scam lead to the search of the so called "Murder Castle."

                        c.d.
                        ahhh. got it. yes he was an odd one. mix of killing for financial gain and " pleasure".
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

                        -Edgar Allan Poe


                        "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                        -Frederick G. Abberline

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Abby Normal, Jack The Ripper killed on the street. He took great risk the fact that he did not get caught is amazing. He was very fortunate. Holmes went to great lengths not to get caught. He built a hotel to hide his murders and torture his victims. If you can not see the difference in the style of killings fair enough.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I get the impression Abby see's no similarities at all. When it comes to Herman, style of killing is the least concern. One of the worst candidates for Whitechapel ever. Worse than that, he was a reprehensible, vile, selfish ego maniac who keeps getting notoriety because people like Jeff keep promoting him for their own ends.
                            I'm not a fan.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                              I get the impression Abby see's no similarities at all. When it comes to Herman, style of killing is the least concern. One of the worst candidates for Whitechapel ever. Worse than that, he was a reprehensible, vile, selfish ego maniac who keeps getting notoriety because people like Jeff keep promoting him for their own ends.
                              I'm not a fan.
                              yes-except for the fact that they were both serial killers, they were totally different in almost every aspect.
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

                              -Edgar Allan Poe


                              "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                              -Frederick G. Abberline

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X