Jack the Ripper's Knife Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper's Knife Found

I must have fallen asleep and missed the announcement made in the Daily Telegraph that the knife used by Jack the Ripper had allegedly been found in Sir John Williams' belongings by one of his relatives. The article points to evidence uncovered by the author of 'Uncle Jack - A Victorian Mystery' which he feels substantiates his claims. I have never come across this before. Has anyone read the book? Is there any compelling evidence in it? Is it worth a read? Amazon reviews are not good - but there are only 3.

Link to article below:

Jenni Shelden exposed and demolished ‘Uncle Jack’ and ‘The Fifth Victim’ as one big sloppy hoax in Ripperologist #134.

Avoid Tony Williams and ‘Antonia Alexander’ like the plague.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
      Jenni Shelden exposed and demolished ‘Uncle Jack’ and ‘The Fifth Victim’ as one big sloppy hoax in Ripperologist #134.

JM
      Thanks JM. This one completely passed me by and I wondered if I'd missed anything. I suspected not, otherwise it would have had a higher profile.

Comment

Dumb question but assuming the killer never kept the murder weapon as a keepsake, what are the chances the knife is extant?

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
          I must have fallen asleep and missed the announcement made in the Daily Telegraph that the knife used by Jack the Ripper had allegedly been found in Sir John Williams' belongings by one of his relatives. The article points to evidence uncovered by the author of 'Uncle Jack - A Victorian Mystery' which he feels substantiates his claims. I have never come across this before. Has anyone read the book? Is there any compelling evidence in it? Is it worth a read? Amazon reviews are not good - but there are only 3.

Link to article below:
          its bullshit. i have the rippers knife, i butter my muffin with it every saturday morning.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

its bullshit. i have the rippers knife, i butter my muffin with it every saturday morning.
            Is that a euphemism?
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I actually read this years ago, it's utter horse crap. It reads like a story from "Take a Break". The author would have you believe that he'd never heard of Jack The Ripper until he started doing some family history.
              If I remember rightly, there was a genuine connection to the area and some interesting speculative links to the victims, but it all gets lost in the overdramatic prose. He actually used the phrase " my blood ran cold".
              Give this one a miss.
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Al Bundy's Eyes - I actually read this years ago, it's utter horse crap. It reads like a story from "Take a Break".
                So, one of the better books then!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                  Dumb question but assuming the killer never kept the murder weapon as a keepsake, what are the chances the knife is extant?
                  Highly unlikely I would think. But thinking about it, where do old knives go?

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Is that a euphemism?

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

So, one of the better books then!
                      It’s a sad thing to say but....I’ve read worse....much worse.

Comment

JM
                        Jon is it possible to get individual back issues of rippelogist?

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Jon is it possible to get individual back issues of rippelogist?
                          A great many issues from the digital era are available in bundles on the Rip's website.

If you're looking for Jenni's article, I've put it up here:

JM
                          Last edited by jmenges; 11-16-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

A great many issues from the digital era are available in bundles on the Rip's website.

If you're looking for Jenni's article, I've put it up here:

JM
                            Thanks Jon.

By the way, about the other issue, where it appeared in my notifications that - jmenges and others had replied to..... and then no subject.

Its happened again - jmenges has replied to......but no subject.

So it’s definitely only you Jon. Possible something to do with you being a Moderator?

Comment

The phantom notifications happen when someone deletes a post. My first attempt at linking the pdf from Rippercast dot com failed.

JM

Comment

Working...
                              X