Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Was it Adrianus Morgenstern?
    I believe so. It was apparently where his daughter, Wilhelmina, was born in 1877.

Presumably Adrianus and this Patrick Manning both worked at the Fulham Gas Works - though not necessarily at the same time.

Comment

Hi,
      I still cannot visualise Bowyer rushing to Commercial street police station, considering it is said he was in bad health.
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
        Hi,
        I still cannot visualise Bowyer rushing to Commercial street police station, considering it is said he was in bad health.
        Regards Richard.
        He was suffering from Bright’s disease, from which he would die a few months later. I doubt he broke any records on his way to Commercial Street nick.
        Last edited by MrBarnett; 05-21-2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Dews Youth I presume..

Comment

Dews Youth I presume..
            The Indian Army Pensioner - must have enlisted as a drummer baby.

Comment

If Bowyer was sent , and McCarthy followed, who stayed in Millers court to keep a eye on the room.? his 14 year old son ..I doubt it.

Comment

If Bowyer was sent , and McCarthy followed, who stayed in Millers court to keep a eye on the room.? his 14 year old son ..I doubt it.
                A mystery within a mystery...

Comment

It's nowhere said that anyone was posted to keep an eye on the room, but why shouldn't his son have done so, if necessary?
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

It's nowhere said that anyone was posted to keep an eye on the room, but why shouldn't his son have done so, if necessary?
                    I’m sure there would have been no shortage of people who would have stood guard for McCarthy, if he’d wanted them to.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

I’m sure there would have been no shortage of people who would have stood guard for McCarthy, if he’d wanted them to.
                      I was thinking pretty much the same, Gary.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi Richard,

I've never seen anything to suggest there was someone left to keep an eye on the room. Have I missed something (quite possible)? Or is this an open question? If the latter, I guess I would argue that it appears nobody did.

- Jeff

Comment

I was thinking pretty much the same, Gary.
                          I assumed you were, Gareth.

I’m pleased seanr started this thread.
                          Last edited by MrBarnett; 05-21-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Why would anyone need to stand guard?

Comment

Isn't it the case that we can only definitely say that Kidney was living there at the time of her inquest? Before she died, Stride was living at 32 Flower & Dean Street.
                              Yeah, he gives his address as 38 Dorset Street at the inquest.

Kidney also states he saw on the Tuesday (the 25th of September) night in Commercial Street, on his way home from work. He states he had expected her home within half an hour of when he saw her in Commercial Street, but he ascertained she had been in and gone out again. I make the assumption he returned home after seeing her, in order to be able to expect her return over expecting her to be there when he eventually arrived home.
                              He later ascertained she had been in and gone out again, in the same half an hour he expected her home? - or did she enter the property at another time? - returning and leaving again speaks to coming back to collect something. Which in turn speaks to some relatively established home where property can be left.

The inquest was on the 1st of October. I know we're talking about a mobile population moving from lodging house to lodging house, but are we really confident Kidney had only just moved to 38 Dorset Street in the last day or so? - If he had changed address, mightn't he have been asked to clarify where they had shared a home?

Stride had only been at 32 Flower and Dean Street since Wednesday, I believe, which fits in with Kidney's testimony.

The coroner specifically asks Kidney if he had quarrelled with her on Thursday. I wonder if evidence had been provided prior to the inquest, that Kidney had been arguing with Stride?
                              Last edited by seanr; 05-21-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                                Why would anyone need to stand guard?
                                I don't know but I guess you might not want people to accidentally walk in on such a sight.

I could understand the original point, as a parent you might not want your teenager to see that.

Comment

Working...
                                X