• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly "Key" Killer question

So...

My first ever question on this site...

Did Mary Kelly know her Killer?

I believe that the answer to this question is key to solving this case..

Thoughts please?

Thanks

The Rookie Detective

Starts
    04-10-2019
    Ends
    04-17-2019
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Nobody knows this for sure, but the odds are heavily against Mary Kelly having known her killer.

Comment

It seems very likely that Mary Kelly knew her killer. Enough to allow him to sleep in her bed.

Comment

I agree that the odds are against her having known her killer, but if it could be proven that she did, then i would imagine this could add a new dimension to the case.

I've been trying to find a link between Kelly and one of the key suspects whom i feel could be the killer... and have quite surprisingly managed to find some circumstantial connection. Not enough to be conclusively shouting from the rooftops at this stage, but i feel i'm getting closer... which always seems to be the way with this case!

If i can prove my findings, then i would have made a link between the (alleged) killer and 2 of the victims...

Here's hoping

The Rookie Detective

Comment

Kelly was indeed found in a common "sleeping" position i.e. one leg slightly raised with the other straight and head tilted to the side. However, the blood splatters indicated that the body had been moved or "placed" after death occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
            So...

My first ever question on this site...

Did Mary Kelly know her Killer?

I believe that the answer to this question is key to solving this case..
            It really depends on what you mean. For instance, she Knew Barnett, but she also knew Flemming, who was said to have been rough with her. She knew Hutchinson, and McCarthy, but she could also be said to have known any repeat clients.
            I don't see how answering your question throws any light on the mystery. You must appreciate this is not the first time this question has been asked.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

It really depends on what you mean. For instance, she Knew Barnett, but she also knew Flemming, who was said to have been rough with her. She knew Hutchinson, and McCarthy, but she could also be said to have known any repeat clients.
              I don't see how answering your question throws any light on the mystery. You must appreciate this is not the first time this question has been asked.
              Thank you for your response Wickerman; i completely acknowledge and respect your viewpoint with regards to the question having been asked before. However, I do feel that there could be more relevance and validity to the question than previously realized. My approach to the case has been somewhat methodical and precise to the point where i have looked to re-examine some of the questions which have somehow faded into insignificance over time.

May i ask if you're aware if Kelly knew Lechmere?

And if it could be proven, whether this would be deemed significant to the case?

The Rookie Detective

Comment

Hello Rookie Detective,

Welcome to the boards.

We can only speculate of course but my personal opinion is that she did. But here is the problem. "Knowing" someone runs the gamut from lover/family member/ex-lover/neighbor/friend/regular client etc. all the way to someone she met days earlier or even that very day.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker View Post
                  Nobody knows this for sure, but the odds are heavily against Mary Kelly having known her killer.
                  Hello Stacker,

We don't know how her killer gained entry into her room. But would she have let in a total stranger who came to her door at the height of the Ripper murders?

c.d.

Comment

May i ask if you're aware if Kelly knew Lechmere?

And if it could be proven, whether this would be deemed significant to the case?

The Rookie Detective

I'm not aware that Kelly knew Lechmere. There are others who have studied Lechmere better equipped to answer that, but I'm pretty confident the answer will be the same.
                    If she did, why would it be significant?
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I would say its highly unlikely that Mary Jane Kelly knew who her killer was, i also think we should not loose sight of the fact that MJK was in fact a prostitute, in those days ofcourse it was a very sad and desperate situation like many other ladys that battled poverty selling themselves seeking a pittance to pay rent charges or even get a bed or food every day.

An absolutely awful situation for these ladys to be in and it actually makes me sad knowing this happened to these woman.

MJK would more than likely have allowed the killer into the room i think or the ripper persuaded her somehow, possibly being cunning or the fact that MJK was behind in rent arrears and required the money to keep her rented room so she allowed a man to enter she thought looked trustworthy,,,,, and if i read this correctly, MJK was discovered dead by a landlord the very next day and they were only there looking for rent money that day!

Moreover if MJK was aquainted with her killer then i have no doubt someone would have connected the dots to whom it was...and thats even with bungling police efforts/ corruption or frightened witnesses...i,m positive her close friends or even people who knew Mary would have buckled and confessed because they would have known something to find Mary,s killer.

So to recap... it seems to me to be an unknown person that Horrifically murdered our wee Mary... God Bless her.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I'm not aware that Kelly knew Lechmere. There are others who have studied Lechmere better equipped to answer that, but I'm pretty confident the answer will be the same.
                        If she did, why would it be significant?
                        As a standalone piece of information; it wouldn't count for much at all, but as part of a combined sequence of comparative facts relating to the case against a particular suspect; it could prove very significant indeed.

For example, if Lechmere could be directly linked to multiple victims, then the case against him becomes a little stronger, albeit on a relatively circumstantial basis.

Initially i never favored Lechmere as a suspect, but i have potentially discovered some additional pieces of information which make the argument against him all that bit stronger.

I still can't be sure of my findings, hence my hesitancy to commit to any seemingly outlandish statements relating to the case.

If it could be established that Lechmere knew Kelly, then it would further add to the previous suspicions surrounding the Nichols murder.

I have tried to look at the case from multiple view points and attempt to keep an open mind about the spectrum of varied theories that span this site. I don't have a particular favored suspect in mind, as i prefer to start with the facts and then theorize around them to see if i can make definitive connections, which i can then look to prove conclusively afterwards.

I may be on the wrong path with my current investigation but am determined to see where it leads.

The Rookie Detective

Comment

I still can't be sure of my findings, hence my hesitancy to commit to any seemingly outlandish statements relating to the case.

I do not see any reasons for you not to post your findings... this is a forum you are on... not a courtroom therefore there is no judge and jury here...

I,m new here myself but they all seem pretty well educated in the ripper case and also very reasonable... if you mention you are unsure of something then i think you wont be blasted regarding a cartman....

I wish you well on your case tho.

Comment

I have tried to look at the case from multiple view points and attempt to keep an open mind about the spectrum of varied theories that span this site. I don't have a particular favored suspect in mind, as i prefer to start with the facts and then theorize around them to see if i can make definitive connections, which i can then look to prove conclusively afterwards.

You're not Pierre are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Purkis View Post

You're not Pierre are you?
                              I doubt that this is Pierre. Pierre was way more confident (said he was 99% sure of his findings) and cryptic.

Comment

Working...
                              X