Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Artist Henri de Toulouse Lautrec Implicated in the Killings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaudin was still living after 1888. Look it up.. I'm sure you will find it
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by galexander View Post
      But the big difference here is that Lautrec was descended from Toulouse nobility, hence his name.

Also Lautrec's family had both influence and money. They were also perhaps a little over protective towards their son whose handicap had resulted from inbreeding. Lautrec's mother and father were cousins.
      Hello again,

So what if his family had money? Does that mean a doctor should have been willing to kill for them? How did killing five women in the most horrible way add up to protection AFTER he had been infected? Surely, as an adult, he consulted with those women knowing the risks?

In any case, what evidence is there that MJK had syphillis?

Comment

Speaking as a painter, what the hell did we ever do to earn these constant accusations of serial murder?

I know I know - you're not suggesting that HTL had anything to do with it himself. But please, can I ask you - what percentage of serial murders turn out to have anything at all to do with:

- The Royal Family / President of the USA / Doge of Venice
        - A world-famous artist / poet / novelist / movie-star
        - A shadowy secret organisation / the Rotary Club / Basildon Women's Institute
        - A doctor so shocked by the existence of disease that he has to butcher a handful of those who might have carried it?

Please, look at the photos of Eddowes and Kelly: there is no rational explanation for this act. This isn't the work of a doctor protecting a patient. This is the work of a seriously sexually disordered sicko. Can we stop this syphilitic revenge nonsense? And especially, can we stop this syphilitic revenge on someone else's behalf nonsense? It has nothing to do with this type of killing.

Besides, it's surely a slight breach of the hippocratic oath?

Good luck finding a publisher - I'm sure I'd actually enjoy your book; fascinating people living through an interesting epoch
        Last edited by Henry Flower; 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Fake rot or genuine rot?

I must say, I applaud all these new theorists who have succeeded not only in producing worse piles of 'rot' than the 'rot' we have apparently been talking for the last 123 years about a lone serial predator, but in winding up otherwise intelligent posters into responding to their 'rot'.

Oops - forget I responded.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Caz,

I love a good wind-up.

Laissez les bons temps rouler.

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Perhaps now is the time for me to mention that I have a genuine Victorian painting of a man disembowelling a woman. There is a bubble issuing from the woman's mouth, containing the words "You rotten swine, I've just had my hair done." The painting is signed "Toulon Lautrec" (Toulon Lautrec was the famous sailor-artist).

Comment

The Title

Originally posted by galexander View Post
                How many times do I have to tell you?

I have already made it clear that I don't think Lautrec carried out the killings in person or even knew for certain that they had happened.

Now will you listen?

What about his doctor Henri Bourges? See Lautrec's own painting of him:

The title of the thread is:

Was the Artist Henri de Toulouse Lautrec Implicated in the Killings?

Your comment is: I don't think Lautrec carried out the killings in person or even knew for certain that they had happened.

I don't see how Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (or anyone else for that matter) can be implicated in killings he doesn't know about.

In my opinion, then: No, he wasn't (directly or indirectly).
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                  Speaking as a painter, what the hell did we ever do to earn these constant accusations of serial murder?

I know I know - you're not suggesting that HTL had anything to do with it himself. But please, can I ask you - what percentage of serial murders turn out to have anything at all to do with:

- The Royal Family / President of the USA / Doge of Venice
                  - A world-famous artist / poet / novelist / movie-star
                  - A shadowy secret organisation / the Rotary Club / Basildon Women's Institute
                  - A doctor so shocked by the existence of disease that he has to butcher a handful of those who might have carried it?

Please, look at the photos of Eddowes and Kelly: there is no rational explanation for this act. This isn't the work of a doctor protecting a patient. This is the work of a seriously sexually disordered sicko. Can we stop this syphilitic revenge nonsense? And especially, can we stop this syphilitic revenge on someone else's behalf nonsense? It has nothing to do with this type of killing.

Besides, it's surely a slight breach of the hippocratic oath?

Good luck finding a publisher - I'm sure I'd actually enjoy your book; fascinating people living through an interesting epoch
                  If a lone serial killer was involved then why did the killings stop after just a little more than two months?

Serial killers kill over years and there are usually many months between each victim.

The 'Jack the Ripper' murders are exceptional.

And look at the wounding inflicted on the victims. Were they ritualistic? In French Grand Orient Freemasonry the penalty in the third degree includes having one's entrails thrown over the shoulder. Just a coincidence?

Coronor Wynne Baxter was of the following opinion as the the injuries:

"The body had not been dissected, but the injuries had been made by someone who had considerable anatomical skill and knowledge. There were no meaningless cuts. The organ had been taken by one who knew where to find it, what difficulties he would have to contend against, and how he should use his knife so as to abstract the organ without injury to it....The conclusion that the desire was to possess the missing abdominal organ seemed overwhelming."
                  And what brought Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec to paint the following image?

Comment

A visit to the dentist perhaps?

Comment

Hello there,

The point of a ritual is that it's carried out the same way every time. That's what makes it a ritual. Every single Ripper victim was killed differently. Did they each have intestines thrown over shoulders? No. They didn't. Therefore, in answer to your question: yes, just a coincidence. Why not list the other third degree penalties in Masonry, so we can see whether an attempt has been made to kill by Masonic precept. That would show more rigour and integrity than cherry-picking, would it not?

No meaningless injuries? Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. Look at the face of Eddowes or the body of Kelly. Look at the hacks at Nichols' abdomen. You've cherry-picked one medical opinion, and ignored others that later contradicted it.

If we're going Masonic, please list all the punishments prescribed by Masonic ritual and tell us how many have been carried out on all five victims. And further, what advice did Masonic law have for doctors avenging the contraction of disease by their clients? While you're at it, see if you can drag Oscar Wilde into the story - he's famous too!

This is old stuff.
                      Last edited by Henry Flower; 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Cog - it really could be Homer Simpson having a root canal.

But more likely, it's definitive proof of somebody's guilt in the Jack the Ripper murder case. As usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                          Hello there,

The point of a ritual is that it's carried out the same way every time. That's what makes it a ritual. Every single Ripper victim was killed differently. Did they each have intestines thrown over shoulders? No. They didn't. Therefore, in answer to your question: yes, just a coincidence. Why not list the other third degree penalties in Masonry, so we can see whether an attempt has been made to kill by Masonic precept. That would show more rigour and integrity than cherry-picking, would it not?

No meaningless injuries? Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. Look at the face of Eddowes or the body of Kelly. Look at the hacks at Nichols' abdomen. You've cherry-picked one medical opinion, and ignored others that later contradicted it.

If we're going Masonic, please list all the punishments prescribed by Masonic ritual and tell us how many have been carried out on all five victims. And further, what advice did Masonic law have for doctors avenging the contraction of disease by their clients? While you're at it, see if you can drag Oscar Wilde into the story - he's famous too!

This is old stuff.
                          Okay then would you at least admit that having the entrails draped over the shoulder WAS an extremely peculiar injury to inflict, especially in the open street before potential onlookers?

And could this peculiar injury be described as ritualistic?

I think so.

This happened to at least two of the victims.

Comment

varia

Hello Gale.

"If a lone serial killer was involved then why did the killings stop after just a little more than two months?"

Although I am the last bloke to believe in this, any of the following is viable:

i) He got frightened he'd get caught.

ii) He tired of it.

iii) He died.

iv) He was committed to an asylum.

v) He was put in gaol.

vi) He changed MO.

"Serial killers kill over years and there are usually many months between each victim."

Sometimes; but, sometimes not.

"And look at the wounding inflicted on the victims. Were they ritualistic? In French Grand Orient Freemasonry the penalty in the third degree includes having one's entrails thrown over the shoulder. Just a coincidence?"

OK, but then why were not ALL of them like this?

The quote about "no meaningless cuts" was not said of Kate or MJ.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

open street

Hello (again) Gale.

"Okay then would you at least admit that having the entrails draped over the shoulder WAS an extremely peculiar injury to inflict, especially in the open street before potential onlookers?"

You refer to #29 Hanbury and Mitre sq? Not sure those killings were in the open street.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Hello Gale, as I see it, if JTR was in the habit of placing things around or beside the body - ie, one breast beneath head, another at the feet, organs in various places, piles of flesh on table, a length of intestine placed between arm and torso - etc - then I'm inclined to see the shoulder-throw of intestine as nothing more than coincidence. I'd be more interested if other injuries were also Masonically prescribed, or if the shoulder placement of intestine were repeated in every instance. As it stands I think he removed intestines because they were in his way, and he moved them to a near and convenient place. Then he started on organs.

And as far as the open street is concerned, I'd hope that every injury inflicted by the Whitechapel killer was a peculiar thing to do in the open street.

Comment

Working...
                                X