Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How dark is dark?

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    Ada Wilson: About 30, face sunburnt, fair moustache, 5' 6", dark coat, light trousers, wideawake hat.

Lawende: About 30, 5' 7" or 8", fair complexion, fair moustache, medium build, pepper & salt colour loose jacket, grey cloth cap with peak of same colour, reddish handkerchief tied in a knot round neck. Appearance of a sailor.

Blotchy: 36 years old, 5' 5", fresh complexion, blotches on his face, small side whiskers, thick carroty moustache, shabby dark clothes, dark overcoat, black felt.

Blotchy was older, slightly shorter, had side whiskers & his moustache was a different colour. The sunburnt face reported by Ada might fit with 'blotchy', I guess, but the similarities are not that great.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one as I think "description tallies" is over-egging the pudding somewhat.

Regards, Bridewell
    With all fairness to the above, considering the lighting differences,time of day, different descriptive abilities of people and the fact that people don't always look the same, in fact, growing some side whiskers might throw off the scent, I don't think we can rule out Abby's suggestion Bridewell. But to your point, we can't overly rely on the descriptions anyway. Time has taught us that one...

As to Abby's original proposition. All good points. But I too struggle with the idea of 4 hours of loitering before striking. I suppose they could have passed out together until he awoke at 4 and struck. It all seems so casual though.

I see her waking up and rolling onto her back when she sees the knife, the attacker strikes from above as he grabs her mouth with his left hand and stabs into the right side of her throat with his right. Then the slicing begins.

One wonders when the fire was lit or what Blotchy’s acclimation to the darkness might have been?

I like the idea of an unknown assailant coming in at 4 but again the question of light is pertinent. If a lamp from outside allowed even the visibility of a murky bed and the crumpled figure of a body that might be enough…

I wonder if someone so inclined could set up an experiment of such…….?

Greg

Comment

Hello Caroline
      But my suggested scenario here was that her killer may not have intended her to become his next victim initially, if he regularly used prostitutes in the area anyway.
      As I said, nothing impossible in that scenario.

Last of the series? I'm not the least bit sure she was.
      Neither am I. But from 31 August to 9 November, there is something special. (And I don't believe Nichols was his first victim, far from it.)
      I don't accept the C5 concept, but the idea of a canonical period makes some sense.

But if so, there are scores of possible reasons. Why would a copycat take the heart away with him but leave the removed uterus and kidneys behind? Jack may have taken the heart simply because for the first time he could. I imagine he may have had a pretty low boredom threshhold.
      Agreed, and I don't believe for a moment in a copy-cat work.

Comment

I like the idea of an unknown assailant coming in at 4 but again the question of light is pertinent. If a lamp from outside allowed even the visibility of a murky bed and the crumpled figure of a body that might be enough…
        Who needs light? If people needed light to see by in olden times we'd never had had such a good description of Astroman.

I think an assailant might have come in at 4, but it's a bit more difficult to think that he was unknown - how would he know where he was going unless he knew the way? Unless it was a total fluke.

But I don't believe that. I'm inclined to think that Kelly's killer was known to her, maybe or maybe not intimately - maybe closely would be a better word - but to some extent at least.
        Last edited by Sally; 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM. Reason: I ifnd that I can no logner Spel.

Comment

I even believe he killed her as soon as he could. But I'm so biased.

Comment

It was raining and McCarthy hd closed his free doss shelter a matter of days or weeks before. He may have been trying to get in the back way.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              McCarthy hd
              High definition ? He deserves it.

Comment

I see I accidentally disemvowelled him.

Comment

Non consonant reasoning.

Hello Robert. Rubbish. You moved the vowel to a different place. Simple vowel movement, that's all.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    You moved the vowel to a different place.
                    LC
                    Where ?
                    This I challenge you to show.

Ed Reid

Comment

Gentlemen, it's of no significance - McCarthy wasn't short of vowels, not once Kelly had given him an IOU for the rent. And then, Ol' Macdonald had an inquest, EI EI O, and McCarthy was deluged with vowels.

Comment

null

Hello David. The null place. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

suffering from inconsonants

Hello Robert. I think I shall flee inconsonantly at that one.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Blotchy is a most mysterious character.

Where did he buy the beer from and how did he hook up with Kelly?

The police and the press apparently didn't care to investigate this.
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

try

Hello Stephen. Actually, they looked high and low for the place of sale--even down to chatting up pot boys. It was a no go.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                                Fleetwood Mac wondered why Mary didn't just take him into an alley for a quick one. Well, she had her own place, which none of the other victims did. It was out of the weather and afforded her comfort, an actual bed, and privacy. Doing business in alleyways, though it may have been the norm- let's face it, it sucked. It was dirty and uncomfortable. If any other option was available, it would have been preferable.

See, I don't think a prostitute at that time would have wanted comfortable or necessarily private. I think they would want a place where they wouldn't be arrested, to give the man a quick intercrural, if they could get away with it, get their money and leave, repeat as needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X