• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    Me neither Jon

All the best

Dave
    Many a serial killer was under the influence when they committed there murders such as Dahmer and bundy.

As soon as one realizes that hutch was fabricating his A man story then the next viable suspect is Blotchy as he was the last man seen with Mary Kelly when she was alive.

Why he does not get more consideration among Ripperologists is mind boggling frankly.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 07-15-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
      I think so.

I don't go with the idea that he wouldn't have been able to control himself as soon as in the room.

Quite clearly, he was able to control himself to an extent, which is why he probably wasn't caught.

If blotchy were JTR then he was aware of people coming and going at that time, just as Cox was aware of him. Would make sense to wait until around half one/twoish - as he usually did.
      Hi FM
      Absolutely. Unlike the other murders he was in a private room with her so his primary fear of being caught by a PC was not there. Being caught by someone else was also greatly alleviated and considering how friendly They were probably knew about her private/romantic life and knew she was single.

And the chances of being interrupted become less likely the longer he waits and the later it gets. He obviously ended up having all the time he wanted to indulge his sick fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        As soon as one realizes that hutch was fabricating his A man story
        The offer will always stay open Abby, as soon as someone figures out how "they" realized he was fabricating, and by what documented evidence, then the offer is still open to put an end to this conjecture.

But not to divert the thread...

...then the next viable suspect is Blotchy as he was the last man seen with Mary Kelly when she was alive.
        Though not if the police believed MJK died "after 4:00 am", right?
        They would have to believe in a "Time of Death" of around 1:00-2:00 am. for them to pursue Blotchy, it was afterall 11:45 pm when Cox saw him enter Kelly's room.
        No-one else saw Blotchy, not in the street, not in a pub, or beershop. The police did look for this guy.

Why he does not get more consideration among Ripperologists is mind boggling frankly.
        What do we do with a man who only appeared for one brief shining moment?
        He's no more traceable than the Bethnal Green botherer, right?, and how much attention does he get?, just the same.

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Hi FM
        Absolutely. Unlike the other murders he was in a private room with her so his primary fear of being caught by a PC was not there. Being caught by someone else was also greatly alleviated and considering how friendly They were probably knew about her private/romantic life and knew she was single.

And the chances of being interrupted become less likely the longer he waits and the later it gets. He obviously ended up having all the time he wanted to indulge his sick fantasy.
        When someone is up to no good, complacency is not foremost on there mind.
        They will be anxious, and will feel vulnerable, and the mutilations to Kelly could have been completed within the hour.

Do you think Blotchy was done & gone by the time Hutchinson walked up to Kelly's door at, what shall we say, maybe 2:20 am?

Regards, Jon S.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi FM

Hi Abby,

I find it hard to envisage a scenario where they agree that he pays for an hour and a half of singing followed by 10 minutes punter/prostitute. Seems unlikely, and as we can be reasonably certain he didn't pay for a quick 10 minutes then the best option is that he paid for the night.

Clearly, the invitation was not one of 10 minutes before Mary moved onto the next punter.

The evidence points to her settling down for the night - the singing, the folding of the clothes, the beer pot, her being intoxicated.

Comment

Many a serial killer was under the influence when they committed there murders such as Dahmer and bundy.

As soon as one realizes that hutch was fabricating his A man story then the next viable suspect is Blotchy as he was the last man seen with Mary Kelly when she was alive.

I may be mistaken, Abby, but Cox didn't say Blotchy was drunk.

Regardless, we all know inhibitions are relaxed when under the influence.

Comment

• Why he does not get more consideration among Ripperologists is mind boggling frankly.
              "Blotchy Face" is only a description though, not the name of a person, so I'm not sure how much consideration 'he' can get, other than to acknowledge the possibility that whoever killed MJK may have had a blotchy face and a thick carroty moustache.

Regards, Bridewell.
              Last edited by Bridewell; 07-16-2012, 08:55 AM. Reason: Remove duplication
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• right

Hello Mac.

"I find it hard to envisage a scenario where they agree that he pays for an hour and a half of singing followed by 10 minutes punter/prostitute."

That makes two of us.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello Mac.

"I find it hard to envisage a scenario where they agree that he pays for an hour and a half of singing followed by 10 minutes punter/prostitute."

That makes two of us.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Hello Lynn,

And if Cox is to be believed it is unlikely that anyone entered Kelly's room , or hung around the court, between 2.30 and 5.30; which would rule out Hutch and his vigil and it follows thus A-Man.

Which means either:

Blotchy is still there at 1.30am and is the murderer.

Someone entered Kelly's room alone shortly after 1.30am, as according to Cox he must have left by 3.00am.

Kelly went back onto the streets after 1.30am, found a client in quick time, who just happened to be Jack.

Personally, I'd go with the man known to have been in the room. More likely as far as I can see.

This would, of course, put paid to Lewis and Prater.

Cox seems to have given the least dramatic of the witness statements, so I'll go with her.

Perhaps Dr Bond wasn't far off all along - primitive methods or otherwise.

Comment

• reports

Hello Mac. Thanks.

I still get the uncanny feeling that, given the descriptions of A-man and Blotchy, that Cox and Hutch are BOTH reading the official police reports on Millen and McDermott.

But why?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Hello Lynn,

And if Cox is to be believed it is unlikely that anyone entered Kelly's room , or hung around the court, between 2.30 and 5.30; which would rule out Hutch and his vigil and it follows thus A-Man.
                      And if Prater is to believed, there was no singing between 1:00-1:30 am, and no-one (Cox) came down the passage between 1:00-1:20 am, when Cox claimed she did.

Which means, there was no "Blotchy & Kelly" at that time.
                      Earlier maybe, but no-one was in Kelly's room between 1:00-1:30 am., or she was already dead.

Cox seems to have given the least dramatic of the witness statements, so I'll go with her.
                      I'll go with her in so far as she said she saw Blotchy with Kelly at 11:45 pm, anything she claimed after that is debatable.

Perhaps Dr Bond wasn't far off all along - primitive methods or otherwise.
                      A distinct possibility.

Regards, Jon S.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

And if Prater is to believed, there was no singing between 1:00-1:30 am, and no-one (Cox) came down the passage between 1:00-1:20 am, when Cox claimed she did.
                        Both Cox and Prater gave statements that are striking in their absence of drama. Neither Cox nor Prater appear to have seen a great deal.

Although Prater acknowledges that Cox could have returned between 1am and 1.30am without Prater's knowledge.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Which means, there was no "Blotchy & Kelly" at that time.
                        Earlier maybe, but no-one was in Kelly's room between 1:00-1:30 am., or she was already dead.
                        Cox leaves around 1am; Prater returns around 1am.

As both ladies have kept their statements to not knowing a great deal, perhaps Kelly simply quitened down around 1am. Assuming she began singing around 11.45pm and 12.00am, then an hour is plenty of time to run out of steam.

In terms of no one being in Kelly's room, people bring a beer along when they're settling in for an extended chat.

Comment

Although Prater acknowledges that Cox could have returned between 1am and 1.30am without Prater's knowledge.
                          Yes, Prater does indicate that she went up to bed about 1:20 am. so Cox could have come out after 1:20.
                          But, Prater was standing at the end of the passage from 1:00-1:20, and went up to her room and in bed by 1:30 ?
                          So, contrary to cox, if Kelly had been singing after 1:00 am Prater couldn't help but have heard her.
                          Which begs the question, did Cox really know what time it was?

In terms of no one being in Kelly's room, people bring a beer along when they're settling in for an extended chat.
                          Right, but a can of ale doesn't last all night.
                          Blotchy arrived at 11:45 pm, if he killed her he could have been out well before 1:00 am.
                          I don't think he did, but there is no reason to assume he planned to stay all night.

Regards, Jon S.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Not original I know, but out of interest how many others, like me, suspect that Blotchy was an "old friend" - not in the purely literal sense, but in that of an old and trusted client, who'd be up for a shant and the craic as well as the other...just a feeling...else why the song?

Dave

Comment

• no charge

Hello Dave. Well, I don't think there was a charge for the song. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Great Minds / Fools

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                                Not original I know, but out of interest how many others, like me, suspect that Blotchy was an "old friend" - not in the purely literal sense, but in that of an old and trusted client, who'd be up for a shant and the craic as well as the other...just a feeling...else why the song?

Dave
                                Hi Dave,

I was thinking much the same when I reached your post. I'm also wondering whether or not MJK was actually operating within the law. Prostitution, per se, is not illegal. Soliciting, importuning or loitering for that purpose are illegal, as is two prostitutes working from the same premises (brothel). If she's simply meeting a regular client and going home with him she's committing no offence.
                                I'm not sure that gets us anywhere, but that was my thought.

Regards, Bridewell.
                                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X