Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Morgan Davies

Hi ,
    Whilst I realise that this gentleman has been discussed many times, the significance of his 1888 address may be of importance.
    At the time of the murders he was residing in Goring street , in-fact he had a practise there, which is very close to Mitre square.
    I have believed for a long time, that the Ripper was on his way home after Stride, and encountered Kate Eddowes, and was therefore en-route home to his lair after killing Kelly.
    I have also never rejected, the sighting at 1010am on the morning of the 9TH Nov by a witness claiming that he was run into by a very excitable young man much bloodied , this was forty minutes before the body of Mary was discovered.
    the sighting being in Mitre square.
    Could this have been the killer? could this have been Morgan Davies, and what a coincidence that both his names have some significance to Mary Kelly.
    Morgan/Davies...
    This suspect had a private residence very close by.
    Regards Richard.

work place

Hello Richard. To follow on your train of thought, the killing of Nichols would have occurred en route, more or less, to the London Hospital?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Hello Lynn,
      It would indeed, all we know is during the murders Davis apparently was not at the London Hospital but he must have been there sometime after the Kelly murder for Stevenson to have demonstrated[ alleged] and suggest that she was a case of sodomy,
      I just thought that a man with surgeon experience, that at the time of the murders had a private residence very close to Mitre square, and the killer of stride headed towards that direction, and to boot ,a possibility that a witness saw Kelly's killer, at 1010am on the morning of the 9TH[ which would give Maxwell some credence] at the same spot, might indicate a private dwelling in that location.
      We also have one letter from Cutler street, which is just one street away from Morgan Davis's practise[ which was sent to the police.]
      Another coincidence .. Thomas Sadler a completely different suspect actually once lived in Bucks Row, and at least twice worked in Cutler street, so he could be bumped up as a live suspect?
      But that is another thread, for yours truly whose imagination runs riot at times.
      Happy Christmas
      Regards Richard.

Comment

nausea

Hello Richard. Thanks for clarifying.

A slight difficulty for the Maxwell story lies in:

1. Kelly's vomiting just before her meeting with Maxwell.

2. An autopsy revealing fish and potatoes in MJK's stomach.

Of course, one MAY have fish and chips for breakfast, even though still nauseated. But was not the meal well enough digested to suggest a much earlier ingestion?

At any rate, I suppose the Maxwell "sighting" is independent of the Davies suggestion.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

As a general rule the digestion time for potato's is a minimum of 60 minutes, fish approx 45-60 minutes, depending on the type of fish.
          To simplify this concept of sequential or layered eating, the basic rule or principle can be stated as follows: Eat the most watery food first, the next less watery food second, etc. In my opinion sequential eating represents the most advanced approach to understanding proper food combining.

The standard theory that Kelly was murdered after 3:00 am tends to suggest Mary Kelly had to have gone out after 1:00 am, contrary to the naysayers who choose to believe otherwise.
          Kelly left her room after servicing Blotchy and, presumably with cash in hand, went to some chandlers shop for a bit of supper.

I am aware that some might use this data to argue for Kelly being murdered in the morning (9:00-10:00 am?).

Regards, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
          X