Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Doctor or a Policeman participate in major crimes such as these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
    Out of curiosity, can someone British tell me if over yonder, "Retired" is used synonymously with "resigned in disgrace"?

Purely idle curiosity. Words have such different meanings across the pond.
    LoL, to be truthful not really. 'Taken a decision to retire early for reasons entirely unconnected with...' definitely is though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

It may be a theory according to you but it cannot be dismissed outright
      No one has dismissed your theory outright. They have dismissed your theory because it makes no sense, requires ignoring actual evidence, and you are unable to defend it.

Your repeated inability to answer basic questions about your theory shows how weak your theory is.

* Why would Eddowes cut up an apron to use as a sanitary napkin when she already had 12 rags?

* Why would Eddowes try to use non-absorbent cloth like an apron as a sanitary napkin?

* Why would Eddowes discard the apron piece instead of washing and reusing it?

* Why would Eddowes choose so public a place - the entryway of a tenement - to remove and discard the apron piece?

* Why are you assuming the killer would have blood on both hands?

* Why are you assuming there was blood on only one side of the apron piece?

* Why are you assuming a theory where PC Long misses spotting the apron piece twice is more credible than a theory where PC Long only missed seeing it once or never missed seeing it?​​
      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickere View Post

LoL, to be truthful not really. 'Taken a decision to retire early for reasons entirely unconnected with...' definitely is though.
        So to be clear, "exercising (ones) right to resign and the (employer) has accepted (ones) resignation" wouldn't be considered "retirement"?

Interesting.................

JM
        Last edited by jmenges; 12-18-2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

No one has dismissed your theory outright. They have dismissed your theory because it makes no sense, requires ignoring actual evidence, and you are unable to defend it.

Your repeated inability to answer basic questions about your theory shows how weak your theory is.

I always answer the questions see below

* Why would Eddowes cut up an apron to use as a sanitary napkin when she already had 12 rags?

Because she may have had the rags to sell as we do not know what material they were made out of and she is described as a hawker and that is someone who offers goods for sale besides according to the evidence she was in possession of 2 old pieces of white apron which at some point in the past had been cut from a full apron and not the one she was supposedly wearing

* Why would Eddowes try to use non-absorbent cloth like an apron as a sanitary napkin?

We do not know what material the apron pieces were made out of it is possible that it was of the type which was absorbent

* Why would Eddowes discard the apron piece instead of washing and reusing it?

Rags were easy to come by which Victorian street women used for sanitary devices I am not aware of Victorian street women washing and re using sanitary rags

* Why would Eddowes choose so public a place - the entryway of a tenement - to remove and discard the apron piece?

She could have gone under the archway to go to the toilet and discarded it at that point as she was passing

* Why are you assuming the killer would have blood on both hands?

I think it is right to assume the killer would have blood on both his hands having allegedly put his hands inside a blood-filled abdomen to remove organs if that is what in fact did happen

* Why are you assuming there was blood on only one side of the apron piece?

I am not assuming that, Dr Brown gives evidence that blood and faecal matter was on one side of the apron piece

* Why are you assuming a theory where PC Long misses spotting the apron piece twice is more credible than a theory where PC Long only missed seeing it once or never missed seeing it?​​
          Pc Long's testimony has to be taken at face value, was he where he says he was? did he pass by at the time he said he did? or was the apron piece there and he missed it after all we do not know the size of the piece

Comment

Because she may have had the rags to sell as we do not know what material they were made out of and she is described as a hawker and that is someone who offers goods for sale besides according to the evidence she was in possession of 2 old pieces of white apron which at some point in the past had been cut from a full apron and not the one she was supposedly wearing

She wouldn’t have cut up an item of her own clothing. It is PROVEN that she was wearing an apron beyond all doubt and I really do wish that you’d stop saying that she wasn’t. You really haven’t a clue.

Rags were easy to come by which Victorian street women used for sanitary devices I am not aware of Victorian street women washing and re using sanitary rags

Could you please provide the evidence that rags were easy to come by? And could you please provide evidence of your expertise in Victorian women’s hygiene?

She could have gone under the archway to go to the toilet and discarded it at that point as she was passing

Or……as you’re brilliant suggestion is that she walked from the police station to the lodging house and turned right back and returned to Mitre Square we could ask why she didn’t do it in the outside loo at the lodging house? Or you could tell us why she’d have gone there with no cash? Or why no one saw her there?

Ill tell you why Trevor. Because she went nowhere near the lodging house that night.

I think it is right to assume the killer would have blood on both his hands having allegedly put his hands inside a blood-filled abdomen to remove organs if that is what in fact did happen

More dishonesty. Dr. Brown, who was actually there and examined the body, said that the abdomen wouldn’t have been blood-filled. So again you claim to know more than the experts. Why not ask Dr. Biggs? Is it because you know that Biggs wouldn’t call Brown a liar as you appear to be doing?

I am not assuming that, Dr Brown gives evidence that blood and faecal matter was on one side of the apron piece

Here’s Brown’s signed testimony that you keep saying is the only thing that we should use:

It was the corner of the apron with a string attached. The blood spots were of recent origin – I have seen a portion of an apron produced by Dr. Phillips and stated to have been found in Goulstone Street. It is impossible to say it is human blood. I fitted the piece of apron which had a new piece of material on it which had been evidently sewn on to the piece I have. The seams of the borders of the two actually corresponding – some blood and apparently faecal matter was found on the portion found in Goulstone Street. I believe the wounds on the face to have been done to disfigure the corpse.” FGordonBrown

I see no mention of there only being staining on one side. No one said it. It’s just that you have the evidence reading skills of a toddler.

Pc Long's testimony has to be taken at face value, was he where he says he was? did he pass by at the time he said he did? or was the apron piece there and he missed it after all we do not know the size of the piece

The phrase ‘taken at face value’ means to accept something as it’s written or said. You’ve used the phrase incorrectly.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• FIVER: Why would Eddowes discard the apron piece instead of washing and reusing it?

Trevor: Rags were easy to come by which Victorian street women used for sanitary devices I am not aware of Victorian street women washing and re using sanitary rags
              Trevor would you care to share your sources for that reply, as a serious researcher I am always willing to learn.

1. Rags were easy to come by.

Do you mean that clean cloth was simply freely available?

Or did the women have to pay for these bits of rag as you call them?

Which leads me to the 2nd point

2. You are not aware that they washed and reused sanity rags.

Are you saying you have researched and found no evidence or source which supports the idea of washing or reusing

Or do you simply mean by unaware you don't actually know if they did wash and reuse.

I mean surely they washed them first, before use, if as you suggest they were easy to find, and one assumes therefore much handled and dirty. If not they were leaving themselves open to a terrible risk of illness and infection.

So maybe you could supply the source for your knowledge on how sanity towels were used, it seems they were disposable just like today if you are correct.

I wonder about this because many of the women in Whitechapel at the time were so poor that they often had decide between a bed or food to eat. Maybe some had enough for a bed and say a potato, or sometimes a staple like Bread and Dripping maybe. But many didn't.
              If they also had to earn money to purchase clean rags each month surely they would reuse if possible. That's the common sense thing to do surely.

Last edited by Elamarna; 12-18-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                Bread and Dripping maybe. But many didn't.
                If they also had to earn money to purchase clean rags each month surely they would reuse if possible.​That's the common sense thing to do surely

I really feel like with the abductive reasoning evidenced on this thread, Tony should have kept his night job. Although, come to think of it, I guess he did.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Trevor would you care to share your sources for that reply, as a serious researcher I am always willing to learn.

1. Rags were easy to come by.

Do you mean that clean cloth was simply freely available?

Or did the women have to pay for these bits of rag as you call them?

Which leads me to the 2nd point

2. You are not aware that they washed and reused sanity rags.

Are you saying you have researched and found no evidence or source which supports the idea of washing or reusing

Or do you simply mean by unaware you don't actually know if they did wash and reuse.

I mean surely they washed them first, before use, if as you suggest they were easy to find, and one assumes therefore much handled and dirty. If not they were leaving themselves open to a terrible risk of illness and infection.

So maybe you could supply the source for your knowledge on how sanity towels were used, it seems they were disposable just like today if you are correct.

I wonder about this because many of the women in Whitechapel at the time were so poor that they often had decide between a bed or food to eat. Maybe some had enough for a bed and say a potato, or sometimes a staple like Bread and Dripping maybe. But many didn't.
                  If they also had to earn money to purchase clean rags each month surely they would reuse if possible. That's the common sense thing to do surely.
                  There are many sources to be found on www which I am sure you are aware of

As to how Victorian street women acquired their rags for sanitary devices is unknown, clearly, they would not have had money to buy them as you say. and being of that class of women I would suggest that washing and reusing was not an option for obvious reasons, as is know these women had no fixed abodes and as such would not have had access to washing facilities unless you suggest they used the horse troughs, and that even causes a problem in how would they dry them.

Furthermore, I suggest that old rags were easy to come by, and that is proven by Eddowes being in possession of a large number, which may well have come from an old apron that had been cut up previously, and if that be the case whose to say that the two pieces referred to had not come from that cut apron.

Comment

As to how Victorian street women acquired their rags for sanitary devices is unknown, clearly, they would not have had money to buy them as you say. and being of that class of women I would suggest that washing and reusing was not an option for obvious reasons, as is know these women had no fixed abodes and as such would not have had access to washing facilities unless you suggest they used the horse troughs, and that even causes a problem in how would they dry them.

Furthermore, I suggest that old rags were easy to come by, and that is proven by Eddowes being in possession of a large number, which may well have come from an old apron that had been cut up previously, and if that be the case whose to say that the two pieces referred to had not come from that cut apron.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                    So you dont have any sources at all, and your post was not based on fact at all, simply your own beliefs, with no factual support.

Maybe the 12 Eddowes had were a regular collection of such cloths, which she habitually used.
                    Her having 12 does not show they were easy to come by at all, only that she had collected 12.

I assume from your post, you also believe they never washed their clothing either, same problems.

Maybe they walked the few hundred yards and washed by the RIVER SIDE.

Last edited by Elamarna; 12-19-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Actually no. That’s why evidence was requested and as none has been forthcoming we can only assume that it doesn’t exist.

As to how Victorian street women acquired their rags for sanitary devices is unknown, clearly, they

Therefore no assumption can be made as to where she got them.

would not have had money to buy them as you say. and being of that class of women I would suggest that washing and reusing was not an option for obvious reasons,

Can we assume that these women couldn’t have washed items? They didn’t have bathrooms but I’m sure that these women found some way of keeping as clean as they could? Desperation and poverty tends to inspire ingenuity.

as is know these women had no fixed abodes and as such would not have had access to washing facilities unless you suggest they used the horse troughs, and that even causes a problem in how would they dry them.

People find a way to do things.

She might have acquired those rags any number of ways. She might have stolen a piece of material. A man might have paid for sex by giving her various items including a piece of material. She might have been given them by a friend. Her daughter, unable to give her money, might have given her a few cast-off’s. I know that charity workers dispensed food at times but did any of them ever dispense old clothing?

You’re trying to make things fit your theory. As usual.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

So you dont have any sources at all, and your post was not based on fact at all, simply your own beliefs, with no factual support.

There are far to many to quote here and I am sure you have done your own research as I have

Maybe the 12 Eddowes had were a regular collection of such cloths, which she habitually used.
                        Her having 12 does not show they were easy to come by at all, only that she had collected 12.

I assume from your post, you also believe they never washed their clothing either, same problems.

And maybe they simply discarded the rags, when soiled, after all in Eddowes case according to you and others she wouldn't need to worry about washing and re-using as she has 12 pieces to fall back on, and I get accused of changing the goalposts

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

You’re trying to make things fit your theory. As usual.
                          So prove what you are suggesting!

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel of excuses

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                          Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 12-19-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

And of course, the RIVER SIDE would not have been anyone's first choice. It was no doubt scummy, gross and probably smelled really bad. But when you're desperate, I guess you make do with what you can get.

she wouldn't need to worry about washing and re-using as she has 12 pieces to fall back on,
                            Trevor apparently doesn't realize that women menstruate on a monthly basis, and the rags that are washed this month, get reused next month. Or on day four, when they've run through the other 11. No Trevor just thinks that women are going to toss away items they are going to use one week out of every four on the hope that they can find replacement. Well-to-do women of the time washed and reused their menstrual rags, but Trevor thinks poor women can just afford to chuck them away in the street. The lack of basic knowledge about the subject is staggering.

​​

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post

And of course, the RIVER SIDE would not have been anyone's first choice. It was no doubt scummy, gross and probably smelled really bad. But when you're desperate, I guess you make do with what you can get.

Trevor apparently doesn't realize that women menstruate on a monthly basis, and the rags that are washed this month, get reused next month. Or on day four, when they've run through the other 11. No Trevor just thinks that women are going to toss away items they are going to use one week out of every four on the hope that they can find replacement. Well-to-do women of the time washed and reused their menstrual rags, but Trevor thinks poor women can just afford to chuck them away in the street. The lack of basic knowledge about the subject is staggering.

​​
                              When you have a backup of 12 why would you? and if you are suggesting she would use and reuse one, why the need for 12? two would suffice, now let me see hmmmmmmmmm she did have 2 didn't she, the one found in GS and the one in her possessions

Comment

When you have a backup of 12 why would you? and if you are suggesting she would use and reuse one, why the need for 12? two would suffice, now let me see hmmmmmmmmm she did have 2 didn't she, the one found in GS and the one in her possessions

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                                You mean the 2 halves of the apron that it has been proven that she was wearing on the night of her murder.

Ive said it before but logic and reason are towns that you never visit aren’t they? We can’t know where she would have washed them so perhaps she only had the opportunity to do so every few days? Maybe she’d only recently acquired these 12 pieces and hadn’t used them yet? And of course, we have no way of knowing that she was menstruating at the time which is simply a bit of speculation on your part - something that you criticise others for doing.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X