Was Sir John Williams the Ripper ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Sir John Williams the Ripper ?

I`ve read this very interesting article today.

In the article they call Sir John Williams a chief suspect. Has anyone here ever heard from him before? Anyway, its a really interesting article, especially the part where Sir Williams apperance and clothing is described by a fellow doctors letter (does anyone know about this letter?), which matches the describsion of the man George Hutchinson saw with Kelly. Ill be happy to hear your thoughts, and please share the information if have some about this suspect.

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "

Albert Einstein

Casebook

Hello Luke. I paste below the Casebook discussion on him.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Hello Luke,

In my honest opinion, and like very many, after having read endlessly about this "suspect".. the answer has to be 100% no.

I'm afraid that fitting the facts to the suspect and manipulation of said facts may well be the order of the day...again. (it's not unusual in this genre..sadly)

Thee are many strange facts knocking around the Whitechapel murders.. some unanswerable... but this man does not fit into the catagorie of even being faintly possible of being the culprit..or even A culprit...imho

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

suspect

Hello Phil. That makes two of us.

In fact, it looks difficult to find ANY single suspect who fills the bill.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

I was suspiscious too. For example where they state the fact that Williams apperance (wearing a red stone on the colar.) matched the description of the man Hutchinson saw with Kelly on the night of the murder. This is simply not true. Hutchinson reported seeing a man with a Black tie with horse shoe pin.
          Seemed they bend the facts too fit the suspect. And btw, has anyone seen the imo pathetic cover of bespoken book? Its absolutly rediculous
          Link below :
          " The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "

Albert Einstein

Comment

That's odd. The cover of my copy of the book looks like this:

Not only is the paperback cover less tasteful (well it's tasteless, actually), Tony seems to have dropped Humphrey as a co-writer. I would have thought that Tony would be eager to share the blame.

Comment

As has been stated, there is no good case for Sir John Williams having been Jack the Ripper.

I also read a comment on the forum by GregBaron which noted that the Ripper was most likely poor, or else he would have had some place to take his victims to rather than murdering them in the street. This is a good point and makes it unlikely that the Ripper was anyone who had wealth.
              "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
              X