No announcement yet.

H.H. Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disagree regarding different MOs. As well the signature, at least as it applies to the first two killings. Consider the facebook page, 'Bloodstains.' Scroll down at least two pages.

Originally posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Totally different MOs and totally different signatures.

H. H. Holmes was a hugely succesful conman who insidiously instituted himself as a great and important member of society and was so organised that he made plans for a multistorey building to act as a killing factory during 1888. He constantly changed contractors over this time so they wouldn't realise what he was creating and so as a control freak had to be around Chicago to supervise the construction through this time.

Jack the Ripper had no lodgings to take his prospective victims to and didn't have the charm to converse with his victims for longer than the couple of minutes he used before he dispatched them. Also a disorganised or mixed disorganised/organised killer.

Comment

H. H. Holmes

Hello all,

I have considered H. H. Holmes a feasible suspect for some time and I donīt agree that he only killed for money. He had a fascination for skeletons and death from childhood, could apparently talk anyone into anything and seems to have designed his "castle" specifically for killing and disposing of bodies. No-one knows how many he did kill, but many were country girls with little or no money and he often watched them as they died. A serial killer, at the right time, probably in the right place and with a taste for dismembering bodies.

Against this we have the fact that JTR doesnīt seem to have been a sadist - despatched his victims quickly and comparatively mercifully and got his kicks from the mutilations.

Best wishes,
      C4

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Mudgett View Post
        We are quite certain he sailed on the Etruria that summer from New York to England. However, he used so many aliasas it may be impossible to absolutely prove.
        What you mean "we," kemo sabe? Who exactly are "we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
          Thanks LTowell

Have just ordered it from Amazon on your recommendation.
          And of course "Murder in the White City" by Erik Larson.

C4

Comment

Originally posted by FrancoLoco View Post
            What you mean "we," kemo sabe? Who exactly are "we?"
            In Jeff's first post, in the title, he identifies himself as a great great grandson. H.H. Holmes' birth name was Herman Mudgett. I am hoping Jeff will tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda View Post
              In Jeff's first post, in the title, he identifies himself as a great great grandson. H.H. Holmes' birth name was Herman Mudgett. I am hoping Jeff will tell us more.
              Aaah - okay.

When he said, "us," I thought he was referring to some of "us." I'm also hoping to hear more.

Never mind. It must have been the Pinot Grigio.

Comment

Would love to hear more on the info that Holmes was possibly in London. Would be interesting if he was.
                Best regards,
                Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Well, we have one researcher/author who makes the case that Holmes was so fastidious that he supervised the design & construction of his house of horrors, between summer of 1888 through to the summer of 1890, because he did not want to risk anyone learning the built-in secrets to the design.

Then we have this suggested descendent who claims to have evidence that Holmes left his beloved creation for 3 months?, to go to England.
                  Selling skeletons to a medical school?, I thought they got them for free?
                  Sailing on a ship under an assumed name, when you only have a name to go on, and it doesn't match, where does that leave your argument?

I think we need to see more proof in the pudding... this is probably the worst site for any more 'trust-me' type arguments.

Regards, Jon S.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                  X