Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winston Churchill's father- possible Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston Churchill's father- possible Ripper?

I read from a book that Prime Minister Winston Churchill's father Lord Churchill could in fact have been the Ripper himself. His physical appearances matched that of the last man seen with Mary Jane Scott, and many politicians at that time (late 1800s) seemed to be popular customers with the prostitutes.

What do you think? If his father was in fact the ripper, do you think that Winston's reputation as one of the greatest Britons ever would be at stake?

What?

If you wish to be taken seriously I suggest you at least try and get the name of the last canonical victim right!

Comment

Perhaps Kelly_Scott91 knows something we don't, Bob?
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

The recent book Jack the Ripper-The Celebrity Suspects by Mike Holgate discusses Lord Randolph Churchill as a potential suspect. The theory makes no mention of a Mary Jane Scott though.
        Regards Mike

Comment

Between the user name and the mistake of MJK's name, I would be willing to bet there is a new theory in the works.....the newest one this week, that is.

Comment

Blast!!! I was just about to release my theory that the Ripper was no other than W S Gilbert (of Gilbert & Sullivan fame). He was known to be very wary of women, liked to walk the streets of London alone at night, and had big whiskers too.

So now it's Randolph Churchill - case closed.

Bugger!

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

So, it's a toss-up between Willy and Randy, is it? Makes sense.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

My theory's shot to pieces now, but here are my working notes:

"Oh why am I moody and sad?" - because I feel the need to go out alone at night in my big whiskers and rip whores.

"And why am I guiltily mad?" - because I've already ripped the odd whore or two, never mind the C5. I don't feel too good about it, but so what?

"You'll see it at once in my face" - ripping whores makes me smile.

There could me more, if you're not careful....

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

This will ruin the reputation of British Prime Minister Sir Winston Scott - not that he had much of a reputation anyway.

Comment

Has this got something to do with Scott of The Antarctic?

Or am I on the wrong track?

Comment

Possibly, Jane - what I would like to know is where the ants enter the picture though. The arctic I can understand, but the ant-arctic? Surely its too cold out there for them ...?

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

Oh, Fisherman!

You haven't seen the ants? (the Arctic Ants, obviously - where else do you suppose the name comes from, hmm?)

Theyr'e the little guys in an orderly line making sure the Penguins behave themselves...

Jane x

Comment

In Chur-CHILL conditions, no doubt...

The best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

Gawd!

sigh............ where's kelly_scott91 gone?...Done an Oates???
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I wonder what the WIN CHILL was?

Mike
                              huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X