Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the killer have been ambidextrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mary Kelly's killer her slashed her from her left side, while she was on her right side facing the wall...and he cuts parts of her out that he places behind him on the nighttable...to his rear right hand side, what hand is likely his knife hand?

Picture it logistically....a left handed killer for that murder makes sense.

Best regards all.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
      Hi Caz,

They werent stats I compiled... it was from data available to everyone, and they concerned people, not serial killers.
      You don't say.

Why do I bother?

On the other hand...

Serial killers are people too. But one who can use a knife equally well with either hand might arguably be better equipped than your average Joe for murdering and mutilating with limited time and in less than ideal circumstances - and getting away with it.

In short, statistics concerning people who are not getting away with murder cannot necessarily indicate the physical attributes (or handicaps for that matter) that a man who did was most likely to have brought with him to the party.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
        You don't say.

Why do I bother?

On the other hand...

Serial killers are people too. But one who can use a knife equally well with either hand might arguably be better equipped than your average Joe for murdering and mutilating with limited time and in less than ideal circumstances - and getting away with it.

In short, statistics concerning people who are not getting away with murder cannot necessarily indicate the physical attributes (or handicaps for that matter) that a man who did was most likely to have brought with him to the party.

Love,

Caz
        X
        I never suggested it wouldnt be a great advantage for this type of killer, like you suggest above, only that by the statistics, an ambidextrous person would be a single digit percentage of any general population.

I wouldnt start by assuming that not only is he in a very small minority within a population being a killer, but he is also one of an extremely small percentage within that population that uses both hands equally.

Since there is not one shred of evidence that suggests any single kill required the use of both hands with the knife and there is no extraneous data that suggests it....it seems like a non starter to me. Your comments about this issue seem to suggest you feel that there is evidence that Jack the Ripper killed specific people, and that in those murders both left and right hand usage is present and verifiable. Is that the case?

"But then again",... I know that you'll entertain a lot more variables in these situations than I will without using "probabilities" or logical extensions using known data, so I dont expect youll see an ambidextrous killer as less plausible. Even though it obviously is, using only general statistics on such matters.

Best regards
        Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X