Richard Mansfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: Mansfield 'Jekyll & Hyde' Photo

Hi, Michael, here's a link for you to Amazon.com.

That incredibly cool double-exposure Mansfield photo was used the book by Alex Chisolm and Martin Danahay called

'Jekyll and Hyde Dramatized: The 1887 Richard Mansfield Script and the Evolution of the Story on Stage'

It's on my Amazon 'Wish List'.

Alex is involved in Ripperology & has authored other works; you might want to check out the Casebook section on "Ripper Books".

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Bullet-holes in the ceiling, Victorian goddesses performing on stage - reminds me of that fabulous scene in 'Blazing Saddles' in which Lilli von Schtupp tantalises the rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, s*hit kickers and Methodists of Rock Ridge.

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

My goodness, that was a vivid description!

Graham, you are a true poet.

Hey, how about setting it to music? It would make a fabulous Rock Opera.

Cheers, Archaic

Comment

No, mate. All I did was copy and paste from Wikipedia the description of Rock Ridge's population.

Was that my 1.32 seconds of fame?

Or can it be that you're not familiar with 'Blazing Saddles'....??

Regards,

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Rats, I was going to offer to be your manager.

I know of the movie but I've never seen the whole thing, just bits of it.

(Gosh, now I feel like such a cretin....sigh.)

Archaic

Comment

Working...
            X