Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reward for Ghastly Murders in the East End.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Sigh! At least Abby got the joke.
    Okay. Well, I didn´t, and I like jokes, so if you could please explain it to me? Is it about using either Cross or Lechmere...? Or are you saying that Edward should call himself something else, like Lechmere did?

I am really not criticizing you - I simply do not understand, probably due to lacking language insight. No shadow falls on you, Gareth.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Okay. Well, I didn´t, and I like jokes, so if you could please explain it to me? Is it about using either Cross or Lechmere...? Or are you saying that Edward should call himself something else, like Lechmere did?

I am really not criticizing you - I simply do not understand, probably due to lacking language insight. No shadow falls on you, Gareth.
      I just thought it would be funny if a book about Lechmere - a person who used an alias - was written by a writer using an alias, that's all.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
        You would have thought that the police would have watched Thompson given that he had a police record and had written about cutting up females. Could Thompson be Torso Man?
        Hi.

Thompson was too young to have been involved in the earliest Torso murders and by the start of 1889 he was away from London so he could not have committed the last one. However I feel that its possible that the Torso found on the site of New Scotland Yard might have been the work of Thompson.
        Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          I just thought it would be funny if a book about Lechmere - a person who used an alias - was written by a writer using an alias, that's all.
          Oh, okay. Sorry for not picking up on it.
          You are aware that there´s an extra twist? He could use the name of his life companion: Lechmere...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
            Hi.

Thompson was too young to have been involved in the earliest Torso murders and by the start of 1889 he was away from London so he could not have committed the last one.
            The last ones, I take it: Liz Jackson in June and the Pinchin Street torso in September.
            In Jacksons case, it is a serious flaw. Just like Kelly, she had her abdominal wall cut away in large flaps, and so I think there can be no serious doubt that the perpetrator was the same in both cases. If Thompson was out of London in the summer of -89, then I would personally rule him out for these two murders. And I know that the Kelly murder is the one you especially attribute to him, so to me it is a major drawback for your theory, unless you can accept that two different killers got it into their heads to cut their victims open, take their hearts and uteri out and cut their abdominal walls away in large flaps in the same city, seven or eight months separating the deeds. There is also the curious matter that in both cases, the uteri were abandoned afterwards, whereas the hearts were never accounted for, it would seem.
            Exactly when did Thompson leave London?
            Last edited by Fisherman; 12-29-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

The last ones, I take it: Liz Jackson in June and the Pinchin Street torso in September.
              In Jacksons case, it is a serious flaw. Just like Kelly, she had her abdominal wall cut away in large flaps, and so I think there can be no serious doubt that the perpetrator was the same in both cases. If Thompson was out of London in the summer of -89, then I would personally rule him out for these two murders. And I know that the Kelly murder is the one you especially attribute to him, so to me it is a major drawback for your theory, unless you can accept that two different killers got it into their heads to cut their victims open, take their hearts and uteri out and cut their abdominal walls away in large flaps in the same city, seven or eight months separating the deeds. There is also the curious matter that in both cases, the uteri were abandoned afterwards, whereas the hearts were never accounted for, it would seem.
              Exactly when did Thompson leave London?
              Thompson left London sometime after Christmas 1888 and was at the monastery by New Years Day 1889. He did not return to London till 18 months later. Whereas you see major similarities between the murders of Kelly and Jackson I see marked differences.
              Author of

Comment

Is there a very good photograph of Thompson taken around 1888 kicking about? Or perhaps a couple of good quality photos could be posted to these boards. Much obliged.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
                  Thompson left London sometime after Christmas 1888 and was at the monastery by New Years Day 1889. He did not return to London till 18 months later. Whereas you see major similarities between the murders of Kelly and Jackson I see marked differences.
                  So do I, Richard. The question is whether you see very far-reaching similarities as well as marked differences, or whether you can see no similarities at all. Thanks for the info on F T!

Comment

Oh, okay. Sorry for not picking up on it.
                    You are aware that there´s an extra twist? He could use the name of his life companion: Lechmere...
                    Or cross.. ; )

Comment

Hi all, kind of new here so bear with me. Firstly I would like to opine that Thompson is not the Ripper but just an example of picking from any one of thousands of people living in the East End at that time and leaving around the same time the killings stopped.

I also agree that JTR and the Torso Killer were one in the same but the JTR murders were a result of his being "mobile" and the Torso Killings were the result of being under cover of a domicile/business such as a butchers shop for example so there was more time to dismember, decapitate and organ pilfer. The JTR killings showed that decapitation was attempted and organs were missing as well.

Comment

So do I, Richard. The question is whether you see very far-reaching similarities as well as marked differences, or whether you can see no similarities at all. Thanks for the info on F T!
                        I certainly see similarities between the torso murders and those committed in Whitechapel partly in the wounds done and that the killer did little to hide his outrages. However, I see more similarities between the murders of the canonical five, than they do with those of the torsos.
                        Author of

Comment

It is my belief that the letter sent to George Lusk is most likely the only one that was sent by a killer of one or more of the Canonical Five. Im not convinced the kidney section was actually Kates, but I do think that its within the realm of possibility nonetheless. I also believe that Kate was not killed by someone who had to kill that night, but by someone targeting Kate specifically. There may even be a case of mistaken identity at work here, based on her particular choices for aliases in her last 24 hours. That doesn't match with a killer that sought out strangers to kill, ones that were weak and alone, like Polly and Annie were.

Comment

Originally posted by The Macdonald Triad View Post
                            Hi all, kind of new here so bear with me. Firstly I would like to opine that Thompson is not the Ripper but just an example of picking from any one of thousands of people living in the East End at that time and leaving around the same time the killings stopped.

I also agree that JTR and the Torso Killer were one in the same but the JTR murders were a result of his being "mobile" and the Torso Killings were the result of being under cover of a domicile/business such as a butchers shop for example so there was more time to dismember, decapitate and organ pilfer. The JTR killings showed that decapitation was attempted and organs were missing as well.
                            Hi mac t
                            Agree with you on both counts. Ive often said the torso killings are when the torsoripper had his chop shop available and the ripper ones were when he didnt, and had to kill on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              Ive often said the torso killings are when the torsoripper had his chop shop available and the ripper ones were when he didnt, and had to kill on the streets.
                              ... at precisely the opposite side of the city, and on the streets of only one small area of the whole of London? I'm never going to buy that, sorry.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Perhaps the Ripper and Torso Man were rivals and were trying to see how many unfortunates they could kill and not be caught. I do not think JTR was Torso Man, nor Torso Man JTR. They were two distinct separate killers, even though Poor Annie Nichols' head was almost taken off, as if Jack was saying to Torso Man, see I can do that to...and left it at that. MJK well I think that had Torso Man running to the River.

Comment

Working...
                                X