Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reward for Ghastly Murders in the East End.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    o.uk

No, there was no torso man ! He is nothing more than a figment of Fishermans imagination. He has been playing the game of square pegs in round holes and has had some on here falling for it

There is no evidence from back then to support the belief that a serial killer was at work other than JTR

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    "Fishermans imagination"?

I am not the first one by any standards to make the call that the Torso killer existed. The whole judicial system of the late 1880:s agreed with the notion. As does almost a hundred per cent of today´s researchers.
    Nor am I the first to suggest a shared identity with the Ripper - a man like Richard Whittington-Egan (whose books I HAVE bought) held the exact same opinion, and as you may be aware, Drew Gray is going to present the same idea in an oncoming book, that - incidentally - I will buy.
    It seems the only author I am not willing to shell out a penny for is you, Trevor. And that´s because you keep getting things wrong. Like now.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 12-28-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      Hi Abbey,

I believe FT was still in rehab at Storrington Priory in Sussex, where he’d been since February, 1889

Gary
      thanks Gary. and happy holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        thanks Gary. and happy holidays!
        Likewise, Abby👍🏻.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

I am not the first one by any standards to make the call that the Torso killer existed. The whole judicial system of the late 1880:s agreed with the notion. As does almost a hundred per cent of today´s researchers.
          Nor am I the first to suggest a shared identity with the Ripper - a man like Richard Whittington-Egan (whose books I HAVE bought) held the exact same opinion, and as you may be aware, Drew Gray is going to present the same idea in an oncoming book, that - incidentally - I will buy.
          It seems the only author I am not willing to shell out a penny for is you, Trevor. And that´s because you keep getting things wrong. Like now.
          and I agree with fish here-there was obviously a torso killer and IMHO lean toward him being the same man as the ripper.

looking forward to also buying grays book and fishs/ed stows(if they are indeed also writing one).

fish are you guys writing one also? or one of you?
          and a very happy holidays to you too!!

Comment

and I agree with fish here-there was obviously a torso killer and IMHO lean toward him being the same man as the ripper.

looking forward to also buying grays book and fishs/ed stows(if they are indeed also writing one).

fish are you guys writing one also? or one of you?
            and a very happy holidays to you too!!
            The book on all things Lechmere - or at least almost all of them - will be signed Edward Stow. Which is a good thing - there is nobody alive who knows more about the carman and his family than he does!
            If I ever get around to writing a book, it will have a different angle. I need to be able to sell a copy to Trevor.

I wish you a formidable 2019, Abby!

Comment

The book on all things Lechmere - or at least almost all of them - will be signed Edward Stow. Which is a good thing - there is nobody alive who knows more about the carman and his family than he does!
              If I ever get around to writing a book, it will have a different angle. I need to be able to sell a copy to Trevor.

I wish you a formidable 2019, Abby!
              thanks fish
              well I look forward to eds book! and yours too if you ever get around to it.

the definitive book on the torsos has yet to be written, let alone one on the torsoripper! It will be interesting to see what gray comes up with.

Comment

The book on all things Lechmere - or at least almost all of them - will be signed Edward Stow.
                I think Ed should use an alias for added authenticity
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I am not the first one by any standards to make the call that the Torso killer existed. The whole judicial system of the late 1880:s agreed with the notion.

Perhaps you would care to share with us any evidence which shows the police in 1888 suspected that firstly all the torsos were the subject of homicides.

Secondly that the police believed they were all the work of one solo killer.

And thirdly that they suspected that JTR was responsible for murdering the women whose torsos were found in the thames.

As does almost a hundred per cent of today´s researchers.

I think you are getting carried away with your statistics a 100% of ten people is not great statistics.

Opinions count for nothing without corroboration and there is no definitive corroboration to this theory, as stated before, causes of death in many cannot even be firmly established, and even you must know that to prove a murder you need definitive evidence and there is no independent definitive evidence.

Even the cases where the doctors at the inquest went out on a limb in some cases and gave an opinion that death had been caused by a blow to the head, how do you know that the victim didn't fall over and hit her head during an argument with her husband and sustain a fatal head injury? The answer is you don't, and there is now way of telling.

Dr Biggs states that Victorian doctors opinions were at times nothing more than guesswork. Now he is a modern day forensic pathologist, you are only an armchair pathologist who keeps banging on about panes of flesh and who thinks their medical knowledge, and the interpretation of medical facts is far superior to his.

There are over 100 opinions of researchers to be found when one looks at the list of suspects but that's all they are personal opinions on each researchers preferred suspect.

maybe you cant handle the truth ! You should buy it just to see the chapter on how Cross has been eliminated.

Comment

For somebody who signs off all his posts with the web address leading to a site promoting his own books, it is a tad over the top to suggest that Richard is trying to sell his book by posting about the possibilities of a fingerprint match to reveal the identity of the Ripper.
                    I don´t think Thompson was the Ripper. I don´t think the letter with the fingerprint is very likely to be genuine. I believe that since Thompson was left-handed, the likely thing is that he would hold the letter with his right hand and write with his left. And so I do not invest much in the possibilities of the Ripper being identified this way.
                    But! I do think it is immensely interesting and very uplifting to note how suggestions of a forensically working solution to the case actually can be suggested! And I applaud Richard for it for that very reason.

There are way too many disheartening and uncharitable posters out here as it is. We´d do well to avoid spewing over good efforts for the hell of it. And if we feel we want to do it anyway, hinting at how somebody is only interested in selling books is not the optimal thing to do when you sign off by linking to the web place where you try to flog your own ones.
                    I agree Christer that Richard should be applauded for looking at the possibility.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      hahahaha. Cross or Lechmere?

Comment

thanks fish
                        well I look forward to eds book! and yours too if you ever get around to it.

the definitive book on the torsos has yet to be written, let alone one on the torsoripper! It will be interesting to see what gray comes up with.
                        The wrong killer, I fear. But that´s my take on things today. Maybe Gray can change my mind. If nothing else, it would leave a lot of people out here looking terribly foolish...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Am I missing something here? Why would Edward use an alias?

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                            I agree Christer that Richard should be applauded for looking at the possibility.

Steve
                            I find it immensely uplifting. If nothing else, it should show those who say that the case can never be solved that one small overlooked detail can alter that idea in a split second.
                            The game is still on.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                              maybe you cant handle the truth ! You should buy it just to see the chapter on how Cross has been eliminated.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Of course I can handle the truth. It´s the opposite I dislike.

Comment

Am I missing something here? Why would Edward use an alias?
                                Sigh! At least Abby got the joke.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X