Kosminski/Kaminsky - please debunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
    One thing that should be kept in mind regarding Aaron Kosminski and any idea of him being a "raving madman" (in appearance and/or behaviour), is the fact that he was brought to the workhouse on one occasion previous to the 1891 trip that led to his committal to Colney Hatch. In July '90, he was brought to the workhouse for observation (his family obviously believed there to be a problem that they couldn't resolve) and deemed fit enough to be returned to his family, hence not in some obviously mentally ill condition. This in itself doesn't prove anything. It should, however, give us pause to consider that he was not overtly "insane".
    Hi John (and Jason)
    for me I wonedered about it a lot and what condition he might have been in re his appearance and behavior and have also been on the fence about how overtly "insane" he may have looked and acted. but what swayed me was the fact that it was said of him that he hadn't attempted any worked in years. so I think that gives us a little hint and as that would go back to at least the autumn of terror IMHO I think he probably would have seemed at least a little overtly crazy to the outside world. and at the height of the ripper scare, I seriously doubt the women would feel safe enough or at least seem legit enough to go with him to a secluded spot for sex, especially someone like Mary Kelly. Let alone to be able to pull off things like the double event all the while never being caught. just my thoughts.

Comment

Two points Abby,

Not attempting work in years does not demonstrate anything about his mental condition. Simply that he had not worked, the two are not necessarily linked.

And the term "years"can mean different things to different people.
      All we can safely say is more than one, probably, but not certainly, more than two.
      That takes us back to late 88, early 89.

However I know we can all look at it differently.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        Two points Abby,

Not attempting work in years does not demonstrate anything about his mental condition. Simply that he had not worked, the two are not necessarily linked.

And the term "years"can mean different things to different people.
        All we can safely say is more than one, probably, but not certainly, more than two.
        That takes us back to late 88, early 89.

However I know we can all look at it differently.

Steve

Hi El! Yes we will. lol. good to see you on here again!

Comment

Not really away Anny, just not posting much, trying to finish off the book is just so much work.
          Looking at mid April, adding the hyperlinks, is time consuming

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X