No announcement yet.

A major breakthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is the longest trolling thread I have ever come across.

I tip my hat to you, Pierre. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marie Antoinette View Post
      I think this is the longest trolling thread I have ever come across.

Hi Marie Antoinette,

it is no "trolling thread". It is a thread were I discuss the interpretation of a source and the problems with it.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        it is no "trolling thread". It is a thread were I discuss the interpretation of a source and the problems with it.
        No Pierre. It was a thread where you announced that you had made a major breakthrough and refused to discuss any specific details, before announcing that maybe you had not made a major breakthrough and still refused to discuss any specific details.

I think 'trolling' is a reasonable label for that line of activity.

"I know who the Ripper was but I can't tell you, sorry!" = trolling. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
          No Pierre. It was a thread where you announced that you had made a major breakthrough and refused to discuss any specific details, before announcing that maybe you had not made a major breakthrough and still refused to discuss any specific details.

I think 'trolling' is a reasonable label for that line of activity.

"I know who the Ripper was but I can't tell you, sorry!" = trolling. End of story.
          But typical of a certain poster.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hamlet's opinion on Pierre would obviously have been the following:

"What's is thy purpose in introducing elements thee refuses to prayeth pardon me oth'rwise than off'ring vague and heavily questionable arguments nay one else in the scientific 'r empirical researcheth domain wouldst dareth presenteth?"

"To piss off 'r not to piss off, yond is the questioneth. "

Cheers,
            Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
              Hamlet's opinion on Pierre would obviously have been the following:

"What's is thy purpose in introducing elements thee refuses to prayeth pardon me oth'rwise than off'ring vague and heavily questionable arguments nay one else in the scientific 'r empirical researcheth domain wouldst dareth presenteth?"

"To piss off 'r not to piss off, yond is the questioneth. "

Cheers,
              Hercule Poirot
              Wow. I just.... I just don't know where to even start... This is the most mind-bogglingly random thing I've ever read on this site.

This notion that you get Shakespearean pastiche merely by adding 'eth' or 'est' to every second word.

Or that Shakespeare was anything other than ruthlessly careful regarding the range of literal and figurative meanings in every word.

"What's is" - ? - what the hell could that mean in anyone's language?

"Yond is the questioneth" - ? - oh Jesus Christ; have you ever read a word of actual Shakespeare?

You owe Hamlet and his creator an apology sir. This was criminally wide of the mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                I don't think it's as simple as attention-seeking. Lying to this extent seems far more problematic. Delusion is another possibility. Regardless, I feel a bit sorry for him.

Mike
                Thank you Mike,

I prefer delusion.

Yes, for someone to lie to such an extent seems far more problematic, as you say.

And you say this since I am not lying.

So the only solution left is that I am suffering from a delusion.

Maybe I do.

We will see.

I have now been spending considerable time on this case. I am right now trying to show myself that the Whitechapel killer was not responsible for the Rainham case. I thought that would be easy to prove. But it seems difficult. I don´t like that.

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Marie Antoinette View Post
                  I think this is the longest trolling thread I have ever come across.

Yes, it does fall under the definition of trolling. Most people have the decency to name their pet suspect and put their neck on the line. Unfortunately, the admins of the site appear to have adopted the 'if you don't like it, don't read it' approach where it comes to Pierre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    I thought that would be easy to prove. But it seems difficult. I don´t like that.

I prefer delusion.
                    How does it feel to have composed your own epitaph, Pierre?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      Yes, it does fall under the definition of trolling. Most people have the decency to name their pet suspect and put their neck on the line. Unfortunately, the admins of the site appear to have adopted the 'if you don't like it, don't read it' approach where it comes to Pierre.
                      "Unfortunately" must qualify as one of the greatest understatements ever.

Comment

Wow. I just.... I just don't know where to even start... This is the most mind-bogglingly random thing I've ever read on this site.

This notion that you get Shakespearean pastiche merely by adding 'eth' or 'est' to every second word.

Or that Shakespeare was anything other than ruthlessly careful regarding the range of literal and figurative meanings in every word.

"What's is" - ? - what the hell could that mean in anyone's language?

"Yond is the questioneth" - ? - oh Jesus Christ; have you ever read a word of actual Shakespeare?

You owe Hamlet and his creator an apology sir. This was criminally wide of the mark.
                        The words I posted came from a web site where one can write anything he wants and it transforms them into Shakespearean rubbish.
                        Cheers
                        Hercule

Comment

The words I posted came from a web site where one can write anything he wants and it transforms them into Shakespearean rubbish.
                          Cheers
                          Hercule
                          Hercule, please can you share a link for that, it sounds horrific! Maybe we should filter all future replies to Pierre through that website? I'm in if you are

Comment

Cheers
                            Hercule
                            Just promise me you didn't utilise that Shakespeare generator in your novel

Comment

Hercule, please can you share a link for that, it sounds horrific! Maybe we should filter all future replies to Pierre through that website? I'm in if you are
                              Here's the link I used: http://www.shmoop.com/shakespeare-translator/

There's this one also: http://lingojam.com/EnglishtoShakespearean

I must admit that the rendering isn't really good, but amusing.

Cheers,
                              Hercule

Comment

Just promise me you didn't utilise that Shakespeare generator in your novel
                                Of course, I didn't. Like most JTR novelists, I used the Universal Bullshit Translator turning a weak theory into a plausible novel and in my case, an amazing one. LOL

Cheers,
                                Hercule Poirot

Comment

Working...
                                X