No announcement yet.

A Human Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was clear by what I wrote, but again you seems capable to see nothing but criticism to your case. Whatever. For me, the ripper killed his victims on the streets out of necessity, which means that he had no way to kidnap them or lure them elsewhere. The Thames murder, reasonably, would have had no reason to do that, since it's really likely that he had the means to do otherwise. I don't see a killer capable of leave no crime scene and no victim name to suddenly change to an M.O. that left us with crime scenes, identity of the victims, and witness reports. It's of course still possible that the Thames murder decided to haunt the streets for whatever reason: urge to kill, spreading terror, or anything else. But it's a possibility, not a certainty.

Ah, if you have an explanation for the ribs fact, I would like to know it if you are inclined to tell it.
    Last edited by CommercialRoadWanderer; 06-12-2016, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      By the way, Trevor, I promise to accept whatever Biggs says - as long as I may provide the relevant information and ask the relevant questions.

For example, I can inform him about the mask that was found in 1873, and then I can ask him if it would have been produced "in the course of dismemeberment", as you propose.

Deal?
      Hi Fisherman,

Why donīt you read The Silence of the Lambs instead?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

By the way, Trevor, I promise to accept whatever Biggs says - as long as I may provide the relevant information and ask the relevant questions.

For example, I can inform him about the mask that was found in 1873, and then I can ask him if it would have been produced "in the course of dismemeberment", as you propose.

Deal?
        the 1873 torso is not a matter for discussion in the grand scheme of the those torsos between 1887-89.
        Nothing on that torso was ever provided to him.

But you are welcome to submit to me any questions for Dr Biggs

Comment

• CommercialRoadWanderer: I thought it was clear by what I wrote, but again you seems capable to see nothing but criticism to your case.

Youīr kidding; I am VERY quick to spot when somebody endorses it...!

Whatever.

For me, the ripper killed his victims on the streets out of necessity, which means that he had no way to kidnap them or lure them elsewhere.

Of course he had - but he did not make use of it. There were more secluded spots than Bucks Row, for example; hundreds of staircases and vaults, deserted spaces underneath bridges and so on. The point being that he either was too disorganized to realize this, or he did not care, or he actually enjoyed the thought of being at risk. If you read about serial killers who are not caught and the development of their mindset, you will sooner or later come to the chapter where you are informed that many serialists develop a sense of Godlike invincibility. That may well have been a factor: "I can do what I want wherever I want", sort of.

The Thames murder, reasonably, would have had no reason to do that, since it's really likely that he had the means to do otherwise.

Yes, absolutely. But when you are handed a box of chocolates, do you always take the exact same chocolate or do you enjoy changing between the flavors? So very many serialists have killed within their comfort zone in most cases - but when the opportunity has come along, they have thrown caution to the wind and changed venues.

I don't see a killer capable of leave no crime scene and no victim name to suddenly change to an M.O. that left us with crime scenes, identity of the victims, and witness reports.

Who says he cared for a second? He discarded a face in 1873, apparently not caring if it was found and identified. He floated Jacksons parts down the Thames in her own ulster! He never tried to hide what he was doing; he put it on exhibition!

It's of course still possible that the Thames murder decided to haunt the streets for whatever reason: urge to kill, spreading terror, or anything else. But it's a possibility, not a certainty.

Of course it is not an absolute certainty. But it is not far from it, given the abdominal flaps and the colons! They speak a very clear language.

Ah, if you have an explanation for the ribs fact, I would like to know it if you are inclined to tell it.

Itīs in post 97!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            Hi Fisherman,

Why donīt you read The Silence of the Lambs instead?

Regards, Pierre
            Does it involve a mask and scalp that was accidentally removed in the course of dismemberment?

Why donīt you read Cinderella? Itīs a start.

Comment

• Trevor Marriott: the 1873 torso is not a matter for discussion in the grand scheme of the those torsos between 1887-89.

Then how the f-ck do you expect him to be able to comment on the whole case? Did you not take it upon yourself to tell me that since James Scobie was not given every last piece of information, his view was of no interest?
              How has that suddenly changed?

Nope, Trevor. I am not allowing you to ask the questions, and it should be perfectly understandable why. I have already told you that I donīt trust you to ask the correct questions and that I think that you are filtering the information Biggs is given in a biased fashion.

If you want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, it should be in your best interest to give me direct access to Biggs and allow me to phrase the questions I want to ask, plus serve biggs with the information I fear he has been deprived of. Hereīs your chance to disprove that notion.

Comment

• In fact, when the ripper had the chance to kill Mary Kelly at her place, he took it. But he did not mutilate her as the torso murder would have done and there is the possibility that he burned the heart instead of take it away. Which is infact the first thing I have said about the subject as a point about why the ripper and the Thames murder may not be the same.

Whatever the ramification is, however, killing someone in a secluded but public place (or in a place you don't belong, with no informations about who is going to drop by, and when) is not the same as doing it in a place you may own and secure at your leisure. I don't really think the torso had mutilated (and kept the parts of) his victims in a public but deserted place, without leaving any trace to be found.

It's a bit strange, moreover, that you keep repeating that the colon and the flaps may prove your point, while you justify any other less convenient element with the ripper wanting to try something different or feeling untouchable.

Comment

• CommercialRoadWanderer: In fact, when the ripper had the chance to kill Mary Kelly at her place, he took it. But he did not mutilate her as the torso murder would have done...

How do you know that...? How can you conclude what the torso killer would have done in Millers Court?

... and there is the possibility that he burned the heart instead of take it away. Which is infact the first thing I have said about the subject as a point about why the ripper and the Thames murder may not be the same.

Eh...what?

Whatever the ramification is, however, killing someone in a secluded but public place (or in a place you don't belong, with no informations about who is going to drop by, and when) is not the same as doing it in a place you may own and secure at your leisure.

But you donīt know that the torso killer owned the place where he killed his victims, do you? You make a lot of assumptions here with no substantiation.

I don't really think the torso had mutilated (and kept the parts of) his victims in a public but deserted place, without leaving any trace to be found.

So what are you saying? That he would not kill in a public place or that he would leave traces? One thing I recognize you are saying is that this is your take only - and thatīs fair enough. But precious little evidence.

It's a bit strange, moreover, that you keep repeating that the colon and the flaps may prove your point, while you justify any other less convenient element with the ripper wanting to try something different or feeling untouchable.

I donīt think it was "different" at all - I think there is a very clear line throughout. And the feeling of being invincible is a very common thing, present with many serialists, so it would not be odd in any way if this killer experienced the same thing.
                  The flaps and the colons MUST be repeated, for the very simple reason that they are two extremely rare features. If you disagree and claim they are common, then just say so. Otherwise you need to recognize that extremely rare features like these point to a shared identity, end of.

Comment

Trevor Marriott: the 1873 torso is not a matter for discussion in the grand scheme of the those torsos between 1887-89.

Then how the f-ck do you expect him to be able to comment on the whole case? Did you not take it upon yourself to tell me that since James Scobie was not given every last piece of information, his view was of no interest?
                    How has that suddenly changed?

Nope, Trevor. I am not allowing you to ask the questions, and it should be perfectly understandable why. I have already told you that I donīt trust you to ask the correct questions and that I think that you are filtering the information Biggs is given in a biased fashion.

If you want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, it should be in your best interest to give me direct access to Biggs and allow me to phrase the questions I want to ask, plus serve biggs with the information I fear he has been deprived of. Hereīs your chance to disprove that notion.
                    Nice try to turn the tables but it doesn't wash with me.

And I object to your insinuations, but it is par for the course with you. I have no hidden agenda when putting questions to Dr Biggs. The offer still stands or are you afraid of what the results may be, seeing as your theory has already been sunk without trace.

Put up or shut up !

Comment

CommercialRoadWanderer: In fact, when the ripper had the chance to kill Mary Kelly at her place, he took it. But he did not mutilate her as the torso murder would have done...

How do you know that...? How can you conclude what the torso killer would have done in Millers Court?

... and there is the possibility that he burned the heart instead of take it away. Which is infact the first thing I have said about the subject as a point about why the ripper and the Thames murder may not be the same.

Eh...what?

Whatever the ramification is, however, killing someone in a secluded but public place (or in a place you don't belong, with no informations about who is going to drop by, and when) is not the same as doing it in a place you may own and secure at your leisure.

But you donīt know that the torso killer owned the place where he killed his victims, do you? You make a lot of assumptions here with no substantiation.

I don't really think the torso had mutilated (and kept the parts of) his victims in a public but deserted place, without leaving any trace to be found.

So what are you saying? That he would not kill in a public place or that he would leave traces? One thing I recognize you are saying is that this is your take only - and thatīs fair enough. But precious little evidence.

I donīt think it was "different" at all - I think there is a very clear line throughout. And the feeling of being invincible is a very common thing, present with many serialists, so it would not be odd in any way if this killer experienced the same thing.
                      The flaps and the colons MUST be repeated, for the very simple reason that they are two extremely rare features. If you disagree and claim they are common, then just say so. Otherwise you need to recognize that extremely rare features like these point to a shared identity, end of.
                      Ok Fisherman, we are scratching the bottom of the barrell here, aren't we?

Let's cut it short, i'm tired or repeating myself. You think that the torso murder would gladly being to kill in the streets, to leave indentifiable victims behind and to take risk by exposing himself to witness or direct capture in spite of having, before that, killed in complete safety. Why he would have done that? Simply because he felt invincible. You don't have any proof that this is indeed what happened.

I would rather think that we got murders here: one that possibly lure or kidnap victims into a place he possibly own or is otherwise extremely secure, to then dispose of their bodies in practically perfect safety, and another, the ripper, that use a different approach that is way more risky, and that may suggest that the ripper does not have a safe place where to lure victims, or is anyway unwilling or unable to use it. And no, i don't have proof of that too.
                      Last edited by CommercialRoadWanderer; 06-12-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Nice try to turn the tables but it doesn't wash with me.

And I object to your insinuations, but it is par for the course with you. I have no hidden agenda when putting questions to Dr Biggs. The offer still stands or are you afraid of what the results may be, seeing as your theory has already been sunk without trace.

Put up or shut up !

www.trevormarriott
                        Yes, Trevor, if you were to ask the questions of Dr Biggs, I am afraid.

Can you explain why you are unwilling to let me do the asking myself?

Comment

• CommercialRoadWanderer: Ok Fisherman, we are scratching the bottom of the barrell here, aren't we?

Actually, no. We are about halfway down only.

Let's cut it short, i'm tired or repeating myself. You think that the torso murder would gladly being to kill in the streets, to leave indentifiable victims behind and to take risk by exposing himself to witness or direct capture in spite of having, before that, killed in complete safety. Why he would have done that? Simply because he felt invincible. You don't have any proof that this is indeed what happened.

Donīt be silly now. Just as I canīt prove these matters, you canīt disprove them, so going down that lane is an exercise in futility.
                          You ask why a killer who has previously avoided risktaking (although we do not know anything at all about how risky the torso murders were) would suddenly accept killing at greater risk.
                          Do you think that there was never a serialist who killed with greater risk somewhere down the line? Are you convinced that the level of risk will never rise after the first murder? Is that it?
                          A serialist is normally somebody who is willing to set the norms of society aside in order to satisfy his own urges. Such a thing will always come with a risk. You seem to think that the urges will never change and that each killing satisfies the exact same urges and needs. But in reality, most serialists will change their agenda to a smaller or larger degree as they move along. That is why we so often see a progression in the violence as a murder series develops. As an aside, you may need to realize that such a progression is always the result of the killer feeling less and less inhibited and more and more invincible.
                          We often tend to expect the same pattern with each murder in a series, but I would warn very much against that.

I would rather think that we got murders here: one that possibly lure or kidnap victims into a place he possibly own or is otherwise extremely secure, to then dispose of their bodies in practically perfect safety, and another, the ripper, that use a different approach that is way more risky, and that may suggest that the ripper does not have a safe place where to lure victims, or is anyway unwilling or unable to use it. And no, i don't have proof of that too.

Donīt worry about the proof! Neither of us will be able to produce it. But you should worry about how you see the murders involved here. How do you know that the venue where the torso killer worked was "extremely secure"? And why do you say that the body parts were disposed off in "practically perfect safety"? The torso killer dumped the parts in varying places and at varying times. He entered the fenced off Scotland Yard building and found his way into the deepest recess and put a torso there, not knowing if he would be alone on the spot as he climbed the stairs and went out again. How is that "practically perfect safety"? He dumped parts in heavily police patrolled areas. How is that "practically perfect safety"? He entered parks and dumped parts, he threw them over the fence into gardens... How is that "practically perfect safety"? He placed a body in a vault beside another vault where people were sleeping rough. How is that "practically perfect safety"?

His bolthole - if he had one such and one such only - is an unknown entity. It could have been extremely safe or extremely risky. So we canīt tell what applies in that case. But we CAN tell that the dumpings were very risky excursions, where the killer seemingly chose taunting over security.
                          Last edited by Fisherman; 06-12-2016, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, Trevor, if you were to ask the questions of Dr Biggs, I am afraid.

Can you explain why you are unwilling to let me do the asking myself?
                            I am willing, put the questions in writing to me and I will send them to him and post both the questions and the answers in reply.

Dr Biggs is a very busy man and we both have a good working relationship. It would not be right to open the door for the world and his brother to keep contacting him with regards to issues that have already been covered. But in your case and that of Debras who have challenged his opinions I have been prepared to ask him clarification questions simlpy to bring these issues to a close.

But these questions will be final. I think he has been more than helpful in assisting and giving his expert opinions. So if you are going to do it please make sure you ask all you need to ask in one go.

You can e mail me the questions over

Comment

• Trevor Marriott: I am willing, put the questions in writing to me and I will send them to him and post both the questions and the answers in reply.

But why would you need to act as a middle-man, Trevor? Just contact the good doctor and ask him if you can forward his address to a fellow Ripperologist who has a few questions to ask.

How hard can it be, Trevor? And think of all the valuable time you would save. Plus the shining reputation as a generous and benevolent man you would gain
                              !

Dr Biggs is a very busy man and we both have a good working relationship. It would not be right to open the door for the world and his brother to keep contacting him with regards to issues that have already been covered. But in your case and that of Debras who have challenged his opinions I have been prepared to ask him clarification questions simlpy to bring these issues to a close.

We are not speaking of the world and his brother, we are speaking of me only. And what I am going to ask him has definitely not been covered. So why would it be more timeconsuming to answer my questions than yours? I fail to understand that, I must say.

But these questions will be final. I think he has been more than helpful in assisting and giving his expert opinions. So if you are going to do it please make sure you ask all you need to ask in one go.

Would that not be for Biggs himself to decide? Itīs all good and well to be protective on other peopleīs behalf, but that must surely be the call of the good doctor?
                              To begin with, letīs just ask him if he is willing to spek through any other channel than you, Trevor, shall we! If we donīt ask, we will never know, will we?
                              Last edited by Fisherman; 06-13-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Trevor Marriott: I am willing, put the questions in writing to me and I will send them to him and post both the questions and the answers in reply.

But why would you need to act as a middle-man, Trevor? Just contact the good doctor and ask him if you can forward his address to a fellow Ripperologist who has a few questions to ask.

How hard can it be, Trevor? And think of all the valuable time you would save. Plus the shining reputation as a generous and benevolent man you would gain
                                !

We are not speaking of the world and his brother, we are speaking of me only. And what I am going to ask him has definitely not been covered. So why would it be more timeconsuming to answer my questions than yours? I fail to understand that, I must say.

Would that not be for Biggs himself to decide? Itīs all good and well to be protective on other peopleīs behalf, but that must surely be the call of the good doctor?
                                To begin with, letīs just ask him if he is willing to spek through any other channel than you, Trevor, shall we! If we donīt ask, we will never know, will we?
                                The ball is in your court I dont need to know the answers. As far as i am concerned Dr Biggs has made it clear that it cannot be proven that

There is a signature to the torsos
                                That there is evidence of homicides
                                That there is any connection between The Whitechapel victims and the torsos.

Comment

Working...
                                X