Ripper Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre

You agree with me. The working classes the vast majority would have no idea.
    We are talking about different classes. I am talking of the majority working class you are not and of course they have different outlooks and education on life.
    By the way your anti British Empire attitude shines very brightly even if you do not intend it to. It's all about viewpoint.

Please do not state I know nothing of my countries history. Such a view is insulting and inaccurate.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      Pierre

You agree with me. The working classes the vast majority would have no idea.
      We are talking about different classes. I am talking of the majority working class you are not and of course they have different outlooks and education on life.
      By the way your anti British Empire attitude shines very brightly even if you do not intend it to. It's all about viewpoint.

Please do not state I know nothing of my countries history. Such a view is insulting and inaccurate.

Steve
      Well, I might be anti empire but definitely not anti British. But you didnīt say I was either.

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Well, I might be anti empire but definitely not anti British. But you didnīt say I was either.

Kind regards, Pierre
        Pierre

indeed it is easy to be anti British Empire and still be pro British, completely different ideas.

S

Comment

• Originally posted by wigngown View Post
          Hi Craig,

I tend to agree but don't forget Peter Sutcliffe was married and still managed to clean up, at home, following the murders.

Best regards,
          Hi Wigngown

Sorry for late response

I understand Sutcliffe had familiar. Are most serial murderers single ? Was Sutcliffe the exception ?

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig H View Post
            Hi Wigngown

Sorry for late response

I understand Sutcliffe had familiar. Are most serial murderers single ? Was Sutcliffe the exception ?

Craig
            Hi Craig,

Not all serial killers are unmarried. In Britain Dr. Palmer had a wife (who was among his victims). Christie too had a wife whom he murdered. George Joseph Smith was a bigamist, but he had one "wife" or lover he kept coming home to after his "business" trips. In France, Landru had a family with children (they changed their name after his conviction). I believe Peter Kurten also had a family, but I'm not sure.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
              Hi Craig,

Not all serial killers are unmarried. In Britain Dr. Palmer had a wife (who was among his victims). Christie too had a wife whom he murdered. George Joseph Smith was a bigamist, but he had one "wife" or lover he kept coming home to after his "business" trips. In France, Landru had a family with children (they changed their name after his conviction). I believe Peter Kurten also had a family, but I'm not sure.

Jeff
              And don't forget Harold Shipman.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Also, Dennis Rader who was known as BTK. He was married to his wife for 34 years prior to his capture, and murdered 10 people while they were together. The Judge in their divorce case waived the usual 60 day waiting period and granted an immediate divorce as he accepted her mental health was in serious danger.

Interestingly, given some of the discussions on here, he also switched his method of murder - he either strangled (with his hands or an implement), suffocated (usually with a bag), or on one occasion, stabbed his victims. Also liked to contact the press, which if memory recalls, was how he was eventually caught.

Too bad that JtR wasn't in the habit of penning his letters on his church computer, using his own log in....

Comment

• Interesting to read about these serial killers who were married.

I'm not across this topic.

Is this then typical of serial murderers ? Or are they more likely to be unmarried and the above are the exception ?

Craig

Comment

• Sugden's book mentioned an article in The Star newspaper (after the Stride murder) about two different people who saw a man at 130 am cleaning a knife in nearby Church Lane.

This person was similar to witness descriptions

Can anyone find the newspaper source ?

This could be another witness

Craig

Comment

Sugden's book mentioned an article in The Star newspaper (after the Stride murder) about two different people who saw a man at 130 am cleaning a knife in nearby Church Lane.

This person was similar to witness descriptions

Can anyone find the newspaper source ?

This could be another witness

Craig
                      North Eastern Daily Gazette, 1:st of October 1888:

"A man says he saw an individual sitting on some steps in Church lane at half past one this morning, wiping his hands, concealing his face meanwhile."

Comment

• ....and wearing a peaked cap.

probably authentic independent sighting as it came out in the press before any of the other witness descriptions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                          North Eastern Daily Gazette, 1st of October 1888:

"A man says he saw an individual sitting on some steps in Church lane at half past one this morning, wiping his hands, concealing his face meanwhile."
                          Thanks for digging that one up - I misremembered it earlier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            ....and wearing a peaked cap.

probably authentic independent sighting as it came out in the press before any of the other witness descriptions!
                            If it's an authentic sighting of the Stride killer and the time was accurate, it would mean that the same man did not kill Eddowes - he couldn't have got there within the necessary time window.

All the hue and cry heads south from Commercial Street, while the killer sits on a doorstep north of Commercial Street.

Comment

Hi Wigngown

Sorry for late response

Craig
                              Hi,

John Wayne Gacy was married. And Mikhail Popkov was married:

Mikhail Popkov was born on March 7, 1964 in Russia.

He worked as a policeman before later becoming a security guard. He has a wife and a daughter. His wife was also in the police and provided an alibi for Popkov several times. It has been speculated that Popkov had been targeting women who resembled his reportedly alcoholic mother who abused him in his childhood.

From 1992 to 2000, Popkov is suspected of murdering up to 29 women. He would pick up slightly intoxicated women who were just leaving bars or parties, using his police car and uniform to gain the victims' trust in some of the murders. Popkov would then drive them to the forest where he raped and murdered them. The victims were reportedly axed, stabbed, or strangled to death.

One of the victims was decapitated and another's heart had been ripped out. He would rape the victims after they were deceased as well. One of Popkov's victims survived his attack and later identified a photo of him. However, police chose to believe Popkov's wife, who had provided an alibi. Popkov claimed he stopped killing when he became impotent and contracted syphilis.

He had been labeled "The Wednesday Murderer" by police, referring to the day when many of the bodies were found.

He was arrested on June 23, 2012 when he went to Vladivostok to buy a car[after having his DNA sampled, along with 3,500 other police officers. He was suspected of killing at least 29 women, 25 of whom were aged 19 to 28 and four who were aged 35 to 40. All of the victims were residents of Angarsk, Irkutsk Oblast. He confessed to 24 murders and was later charged with them on October 31, 2013.

Popkov was sentenced to life in prison in January 2015 after being found guilty of murdering 22 women and the attempted murder of 2 others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Popkov

And here are some more married serial killers: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...05aa3a00d29244

Regards, Pierre
                              Last edited by Pierre; 05-23-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                                North Eastern Daily Gazette, 1:st of October 1888:

Thanks Fisherman

I also found this on the Casebook site

The Star
                                Largest Circulation of Any Evening Paper in the Kingdom.
                                LONDON. MONDAY, 1 OCTOBER, 1888.

From two different sources we have the story that a man when passing through Church-lane at about half-past one, saw a man sitting on a door-step and wiping his hands. As every one is on the look out for the murderer the man looked at the stranger with a certain amount of suspicion, whereupon he tried to conceal his face. He is described as a man who wore a short jacket and a sailor's hat.

It is a closer fit to other witness description.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X