• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
    Now it's rugby time for me.
    ...a man of taste!
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• No doubt.
      And our captain is a Welshman - Philip Fitzgerald.
      Needless to say, we won (22-16) and drank a little bit.
      A little bit too much.

Amitiés,
      David

ps: rugby in Toulon is half a domestic and half a lunatic affair. On topic...

Comment

• I thought I had replied to this but I can't find my post, how odd!
        I find Flemming very interesting. Someone with some local knowledge, newly moved to the area (according to some), known to Mary so possibly more likely to be let in to the room, although this is not so if Mary was using the room for prostitution. It is interesting that although Barnett says she had returned to prostitution he does not say she used the room for that puropse, maybe that is a given.
        He is said to have 'abused her' which may suggested violence and also to have stayed in contact with her. It was suggested that Bundy lashed out the women he did because of their similarities to a woman who had hurt him. These sorts of suggestions annoy me though as the blame always seems to come back to women and not the killers.
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Kat writes:
          "newly moved to the area (according to some)"

That, Kat, is a given; we know for sure that Fleming stated, when treated at the hospital for an injured leg (I believe), that he had moved to the Victoria Home somewhere around August of 1888.
          And yes, Fleming is a compelling suggestion; much as I have questioned it before, he is at the top of my list now.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• David writes:
            "rugby in Toulon is half a domestic and half a lunatic affair."

...the home town team being the domestic ones, and the competing visitors the loonies, David?

All the best,
            Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Kat writes:
              "newly moved to the area (according to some)"

That, Kat, is a given; we know for sure that Fleming stated, when treated at the hospital for an injured leg (I believe), that he had moved to the Victoria Home somewhere around August of 1888.
              And yes, Fleming is a compelling suggestion; much as I have questioned it before, he is at the top of my list now.

The best,
              Fisherman
              Good! I only said 'according to some' as I wasn't sure of my sources and didn't have time to check! Thanks for the verification.
              In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                No doubt.
                And our captain is a Welshman - Philip Fitzgerald.
                Needless to say, we won...
                ...I'm always glad to hear someone play to win! Of course, it's only in European rugby that one team always plays to lose.

I'm sorry, that should have read "...one team always plays Toulouse"
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Hi all,

Slightly disappointing news, I'm afraid.

I received the following reply from Redbridge Central Library in response to my inquiry concerning any surviving records from Claybury Asylum:

"I am sorry to tell you that we have no record of Mr Joseph Fleming, alias James Evans. Although we do hold such records as have survived, these are very few and random, and do not include the ones of interest to you."

Buggerlumps.

On a more positive note, I have managed to locate a relative.

Best regards,
                  Ben
                  Last edited by Ben; 08-28-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben View Post
                    Slightly disappointing news, I'm afraid.

I received the following reply from Redbridge Central Library in response to my inquiry concerning any surviving records from Claybury Asylum:

I am sorry to tell you that we have no record of Mr Joseph Fleming, alias James Evans. Although we do hold such records as have survived, these are very few and random, and do not include the ones of interest to you.
                    Bloody freemasons destroying evidence again!
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• My sympathies, Ben!

Hope you are able to extract interesting items from that contact of yours, though!

All the best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

• I did wonder...!

I think I'll have to go there in person and create a gunpowder diversion of the order carried out to perfection by Johnny Depp's Abbo in From Hell when he needed access to mason-suppressed records!

Comment

• Thanks, Fisherman!

I'll let you know of any developments along those lines.

Best regards,
                          Ben

Comment

• Hi Fish and Sam,
                            ...feel like being caught by Ackford and judged by Dooley (unless Dooley was the cop and Ackford the judge...can't remember!)

Ben,
                            are their files empty or do you suspect them of trying to get rid of you?

Amitiés,
                            David

Comment

• Hi David,

I'm pretty sure they're legit, but it's still rather annoying that Claybury seems to be one of the only asylums in and around London that hasn't retained its individual patient records for the period we're interested in!

All the best,
                              Ben

Comment

• Hi Ben,
                                Jack stills lucky, it seems.
                                Maybe they keep something about Hutchinson...

Amitiés,
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X