Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Shell...

On the link to The Forums, I thought I had a link to a specific story about Pentecost,but my lazy arse didn't write it out...just condensed it.

I think you can locate material on Pentecost fairly easily on Google or through a newspaper search engine,such as the Boston Public Library or ProQuest.

Anyway, here's the two links to some new material from Wolf and of course his dissertation here on Casebook. Good stuff.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....cost#post53645
    Hi How,

Thanks for the links.........I'll have a good read.
    Cheers
    Shelley

Comment

c f anybody or shall we hoot up links to threads that describe how mr feigenbaum had an odd propensity to make up names

Comment

Philbee,

I think what is more important is establishing MO & Signature from one victim to another, so finding the same killer, not initals that may or may not be there ( and finding initals are not the same as ' Signature ' ). Others thought they found an FM with Kelly, but was proved to be false. Hope this helps in some way Philbee.

Comment

Howard,

I couldn't pick the info for links on the JTRForms website, tried them all but couldn't access them, it's also strange that catholic priests attended Feigenbaum when death sentence was upon him, if he was suppossed to be Jewish, catholic priests would only do this if you were catholic ( otherwise it was left to C of E), the only way that this could arise is if Feigenbaum was already a catholic or got Baptised catholic, for an adult it would have been full emersion, as with the case of children it was just a water sprinkling on the head in the shape of a cross. I don't see any recorded info that Feigenbaum was fully emersed into the Catholic faith. Catholics were very pernickety about this, as well as arrogant and wouldn't touch them unless they were thier own.
          Just thought i would add that.

Comment

Originally posted by Philbee View Post
            c f anybody or shall we hoot up links to threads that describe how mr feigenbaum had an odd propensity to make up names
            Philbee,
            On Kelly's arm it is more likely to be a blood clotting or intestine bits, or a mix of both.....There isn't a distinct inital carving there. Initals tend to be more of the dramatic rather than the realistic, although having said that, there was a case i recall of a murdered woman and the killer carved a message into her thigh at the top ( a message & not initals by the way).

Cheers
            Shelley

Comment

as a newbee some great reads on this thread.Couple of questions if i may,
              (1) is there any recorded proof that Carl Feigenbaum set foot on english soil?
              (2) He would have been 48 around the time of the Whitechapel murders,but from what i have found (in the short space of time on the 'case') it seems most witness accounts have 'jack' in the mid 30's range,so would that not rule him out,or do we disregard the sightings?
              thanks for any help

dixon9
              still learning

Comment

Originally posted by dixon9 View Post
                Yes, there are files to show that he landed in Kingston upon Hull, I am trying to aquire the rights to publish them!
                Regards Mike

Comment

thanks mike

Comment

Since Feigenbaum was purportedly sailing between England and Germany during the time of the Ripper murders, does anyone know if he had any understanding of the English language during this time?

Also, I don't think Carl's sketch looks anything like the witness statements during any of the murders. Does anyone know when that picture of him first came to light?
                    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

my understanding is Carl Feigenbaum had very little command of the english language,he had an interpreter at his trial,and only conversed with one of his lawyers(Pentecost) through an interpreter.
                      Lawton another of his lawyers has (who made claims he was jack) appears to have held conversations without interpreters with Feignbaum.
                      BTW i am new to this so someone with alot more knowledge than me will put you right,but as said this is my understanding of the situation

Dixon9
                      still learning

Comment

i would like to clear this issue up as it has been raised before.

I can speak from everyday experience in the English legal system so please take what i say as being correct.

It is quite common when dealing with a foreign speaking suspect to be able to converse with them in broken English. However to ensure they fully understand the subsequent legal proceedings an interperter is brought in both at interview stage and then at any court proceedings. This is for the benefit of the suspect and also for the judge and jury.

So it would have been quite feasable for lawton to have conversed with Feigenbaum in English and then use an interpreter at court.

It should also be noted that Feigenbaum spent time in The USA before his arrest as well as spending 2 years on remand in prison all of these would have allowed him to have a firm grasp of the english language.

As to how much english he knew in 1888 is pretty much academic. I would suggest all foreign sailors would no enough english words to be able to proposition a prostitute. probably two words "How much" !

Comment

mr marriott

thank you for your answer,if i may ask you one last question
                          Why did Carl Feigenbaum never converse with his 'other' lawyer Hugh Pentecost in english,only through an interpreter?

Dixon9
                          Alot to learn

Comment

Those conversations i belive took place during the trial so an interpreter would have been present in any event

Comment

Originally Posted by dixon9

Yes, there are files to show that he landed in Kingston upon Hull, I am trying to aquire the rights to publish them!
                              Question for Mike:

Do these files list the name "Carl Feigenbaum"? The actual name of the murderer of Mrs. Hoffman was Anton, or Carl Zahn or Zahm. Carl Feigenbaum was an innocent sailor whose name was taken by Zahn as an alias sometime in the 1890's. Therefore, if you have files with the name Feigenbaum you'd have to first proove exactly who this was. An almost impossible task, I'd think.

Wolf.

Comment

He is not a likely suspect. Some crackpot's seem to claim that half the murders in the world during the late 19th century were his doing this is complete bollocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X