What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

I have answered all the questions, its a shame you dont like the answers !

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• If MM had told anyone or done anything about this "Hot" info someone would have mentioned it over the years,
      That is your opinion. It is not a fact.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• or after the mythical ID parade, yet if we are to believe all that why was there no arrests made?
        Where there any honest senior police officers around at the time or were they all liars?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• You show me among all the official police records from 1888 or beyond for that matter where the full name of Aaron Kosminski is mentioned ?
          How is this an important fact?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

And let you continue to throw you plethora of historical spanners into the works, you must be joking

Yes, please stop employing the methods of historical research Paul. Your simply poisoning the well of nonsense with your appeals to reason, logic and open-mindedness. Shame on you.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

If MM had told anyone or done anything about this "Hot" info someone would have mentioned it over the years, or there would have been something in writing to corroborate such a so called important revelation. The fact that there is nothing to me is good evidence that whatever it was 9 years later was nothing more than hearsay, and could not be corroborated, and he did nothing with it because there was nothing he could do after 9 years, and with out any form of corroboration from an evidential perspective it is worthless and he simply gace an opinion based on the suggested profile made by other years previous. And after 9 years was anyone really interested

If you want to keep believing that the info he was given was the key to unlocking the mystery so be it, but try just for once to see another side to what you wrongly perceive to be the truth.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              That's what you keep saying, but you have been asked:
              (a) given that the official files are severely depleted and not everyone left memoirs, where you imagine something would have been left in writing?
              (b) you don't need corroboration unless you believe Macnaghten was lying, so what evidence do you have that he was lying?
              (c) hearsay could have been 100% correct and therefore doesn't invalidate the information, so why do you keep bringing it up as if it was a negative?
              (d) lots of things that happened in the past lack corroboration, but they aren't dismissed as worthless because lacking corroboration doesn't mean they are untrue. So, what is your evidence that what Macnaghten says is untrue?

And finally, a stock get-out for you is to misrepresent someone else's position. Now, I don't believe anything represents the key to unlocking the mystery, so you can absorb that information, remember it, and stop accusing me. What concerns me is your grossly improper use of source materials and your thoroughly irresponsible conclusions. And I do try to see the 'other side', which is why I ask you to explain yourself.

Comment

But not Aaron !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron was a square peg that was rammed into a round hole.

You show me among all the official police records from 1888 or beyond for that matter where the full name of Aaron Kosminski is mentioned ? A prime suspect who was never even arrested. Thats says how much regard we should give to the term suspect as used in 1888

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                My comment had nothing to do with whether Kosminski was Aaron or not. I said these people were suspects and were described as such. And they were and are, and it is right and proper that they be described as what they were and were regarded as being by those who suspected them.

However, maybe Aaron Kosminski is a aquare peg being rammed into a round hole, but, unless you have found another K-something-ski in the asylum records who matches the few details given by Anderson/Swanson - and if you have, please give us the name! - we're lacking a round peg to fit that hole. So, what do you suggest we do?

I'll look in whatever records you think will mention 'Aaron Kosminski', so what records should I be looking in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Where there any honest senior police officers around at the time or were they all liars?
                  I know. It was only a matter of time before I was found out. It does show how far Trevor has sunk though, when he is asked a series of questions - posts 2285, 2286, and 2291 - and thinks dismissing them as 'historical' is a good reason for not answering them! Rod Serling couldn't have scripted Trevor!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post

Ill answer them if Trevor is unwilling to

That's what you keep saying, but you have been asked:
                    (a) given that the official files are severely depleted and not everyone left memoirs, where you imagine something would have been left in writing?

mmmm perhaps on a toilet wall at Scotland Yard? Other than that....

(b) you don't need corroboration unless you believe Macnaghten was lying, so what evidence do you have that he was lying?

He was an upper class Victorian with a moustache which made him look a bit errr ‘villainy.’

(c) hearsay could have been 100% correct and therefore doesn't invalidate the information, so why do you keep bringing it up as if it was a negative?

Because it suits the agenda of dismissing Druitt as a suspect

(d) lots of things that happened in the past lack corroboration, but they aren't dismissed as worthless because lacking corroboration doesn't mean they are untrue. So, what is your evidence that what Macnaghten says is untrue?

Absolutely none.

And finally, a stock get-out for you is to misrepresent someone else's position. Now, I don't believe anything represents the key to unlocking the mystery, so you can absorb that information, remember it, and stop accusing me. What concerns me is your grossly improper use of source materials and your thoroughly irresponsible conclusions. And I do try to see the 'other side', which is why I ask you to explain yourself.
                    And on the hearsay point I’ll add one of my own:

Why is information ‘unsafe’ when it potentially originated from the family of the suspect, via a third party who may also have been related (by marriage) to the family, to Sir Melville? Another way of putting it is, info from a family who are hardly likely to make up a story about one of their own being the ripper passed on to someone like Majendie for example (hardly some drunken rambler but a respected high official and close friend of Mac’s) then onto The Assistant Commissioner Of The Met.

And yet, lo and behold, a statement from Lawton (an American Lawyer that we know little about apart from the fact that he was keen to pass his info to the press rather than the police. Hardly the action of a responsible Lawyer?) that no one else heard (and so is uncorroborated) taken from a compulsive liar (Trevor’s own words) that was soon to be hanged, is of course worthy of absolute trust.

Anyone see any inconsistency here?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

If you were a member of a reasonably well-connected Victorian class-conscious county family, first and foremost you would probably consider your reputation and then think twice about airing any suspicion that one of your relatives might possibly have been the century's most notorious murderer.

I don't believe a word of it.

Regards,

Simon
                      Last edited by Simon Wood; 05-30-2019, 07:06 PM.
                      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi Herlock,

If you were a member of a reasonably well-connected, class-conscious county family, first and foremost you would probably consider your reputation and then think twice about airing any suspicion that one of your relatives might possibly have been the century's most notorious murderer.

I don't believe a word of it.

Regards,

Simon
                        Hello Simon,

But if the family had there suspicions and were at a loss at what to do they might have consulted someone with experience and connections who might have known how to deal with the situation in some way whilst avoiding scandal. Majendie would seem an ideal candidate for that role.

I just can’t believe that the Druitt family or Macnaghten would simply make this up. I can’t recall if it was Cullen or Farson who said it (I think the latter) but it’s Druitt’s sheer unlikeliness that makes him interesting. Why Druitt when Mac had other options when compiling his list of three ‘better than Cutbush’ candidates?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

Why would the family be at a loss what to do with their suspicions? How could they have possibly learned if they were right or wrong? Ask Macnaghten? Hello, did you suspect MJD was the Ripper? I very much doubt it.

Why can't you bring yourself to believe that Macnaghten simply looked back through the records, found a person who conveniently died at about the right time, wrote a memorandum he thought nobody would ever read, purposely got the facts wrong so nobody could positively attribute guilt to an innocent person, leaked his bogus information to a well-respected author [Griffiths] before writing yet another version of his memorandum which his daughter partly typed-up for reasons yet unknown?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Herlock,

Why would the family be at a loss what to do with their suspicions? How could they have possibly learned if they were right or wrong? Ask Macnaghten? Hello, did you suspect MJD was the Ripper? I very much doubt it.

Why can't you bring yourself to believe that Macnaghten simply looked back through the records, found a person who conveniently died at about the right time, wrote a memorandum he thought nobody would ever read, purposely got the facts wrong so nobody could positively attribute guilt to an innocent person, leaked his bogus information to a well-respected author [Griffiths] before writing yet another version of his memorandum which his daughter partly typed-up for reasons yet unknown?

Regards,

Simon
                            Hi Simon
                            nice post but wait for Paul beg to ask where is your evidence

Comment

Hi Herlock,

Regards,

Simon
                              why would he do all that?
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Hi Abby,

No need to ask why.

He did those things.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X