What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

The police were looking at him well before the MM was penned.
    Macnaghten joined the force 6 months after Druitt had killed himself.

Prove to me that Machnagten, after joining the force, couldn't have written any report before this 1894 MM.

You don't know what you are talking about.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Macnaghten joined the force 6 months after Druitt had killed himself.

Prove to me that Machnagten, after joining the force, couldn't have written any report before this 1894 MM.

You don't know what you are talking about.

The Baron
      I can’t prove that Macnaghten wasn’t a transvestite either!

I don’t know how long you’ve been interested in this case Baron so it’s difficult to judge where your arrogance comes from. Telling me that I don’t know what I’m talking about doesn’t matter to me but what allows you to take this superior tone with knowledgeable researchers like Sam and RJ. Not to mention an acknowledged expert on the case like Paul. All of these have explained how you are wrong but you still think that you’re such a genius that you know better. I’ve also shown you to have been categorically wrong on one point and yet you don’t even possess the basic level of honesty and integrity to acknowledge this. You strike me as someone that has read a couple of books and now considers himself an expert. In the past you have even dismissed a book - Jack The Ripper-Case Solved,1891 by JJ Hainsworth - without even reading it! This pretty much sums you up. Biased, belligerent, arrogant, uninformed and very tiresome!
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• And why would you expect a retired Inspector to be in the confidence of Sir Melville Macnaghten?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• As I told you Herlock, you don't know what you are talking about.

Macnaghten was the source of this story, nothing surfaced yet to refute this.

Even Littlechild hadn't heared of him.

If you have anything at all about this, I would like to know.

The Baron

Comment

It was just a story Paul, I am not sure if he was ever investigated.

But didn't Abberline said it: They thought he was a doctor who commited suicide after the last murder, and the Police were searching for a mad doctor who had the skill to commit such crimes, who can extract a uterus and a kidney in no time in total darkness?!

That is the long and short of it.

The Baron
            Please when are we going to stop repeating this "total darkness" stuff.

It was dark, but not totally dark, and there is NO source which says How dark it was, in scientific terms.
            Therefore this often repeated claim is totally subjective and somewhat pointless.

And then I see the repeating of the skill needed to remove these organs.
            I assume that you have experience of the skill or not required to remove said organs, and how long it would take?

So much nonsense is repeated about this particular issue, and before you ask if I have experience, the answer is yes(Not in humans).

Now I do not believe Druitt was the Killer, but to deny he was considered as ones suspect is just to deny the sources, in favour of our own beliefs.

Steve
            Last edited by Elamarna; 05-02-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

As I told you Herlock, you don't know what you are talking about.

Macnaghten was the source of this story, nothing surfaced yet to refute this.

Even Littlechild hadn't heared of him.

If you have anything at all about this, I would like to know.

The Baron
              I’m not going to waste anymore time on you. If I want to discus this aspect of the case I’ll discuss it with people who know what they are talking about and not with someone that knows next to nothing and has not a jot of integrity.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• who said the police were looking for him(druitt) alive when he turned up dead? or something to that effect.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Please when are we going to stop repeating this "total darkness" stuff.

It was dark, but not totally dark, and there is NO source which says How dark it was, in scientific terms.
                  Therefore this often repeated claim is totally subjective and somewhat pointless.

And then I see the repeating of the skill needed to remove these organs.
                  I assume that you have experience of the skill or not required to remove said organs, and how long it would take?

So much nonsense is repeated about this particular issue, and before you ask if I have experience, the answer is yes(Not in humans).

Now I do not believe Druitt was the Killer, but to deny he was considered as one is just to deny the sources, in favour of our own beliefs.

Steve
                  Thanks for that Steve

So Baron, yet another knowledgeable, well informed, honest researcher has rubbished another one of your dishonest claims. How many more before you wake up?
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                    Hi Jon,

Blimey, someone had it in for Mr Richard Worswick.

Revving up my scientific search engine, I find that Mr Worswick drowned in three feet of mud and water. See Morning Post, 24th April 1867—

Click image for larger version Name:	MORNING POST 24 APR 1867 [1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	165.1 KB ID:	708189

Regards,

Simon
                    Yes Simon, to be honest I wasn't totally convinced myself about the condition of any paperwork found on Druitt's body. So when I saw J.J. had found a similar example to use in his argument I had to reconsider - I just wish I could find the damn thing. It'll be among any number of his posts on JTRForums or Casebook. I thought it was in his book.
                    That said, the Worswick example just goes to show how long ink & paper can survive and remain readable in watery conditions. I think it puts to rest any concerns in Druitt's case.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Wick,

Might William have simply retired from active surgery for some reason; age, ill-health for eg? Being a GP would certainly have been less taxing than surgery.
                      Possibly, I don't recall reading much about his day to day work.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I’m not going to waste anymore time on you. If I want to discus this aspect of the case I’ll discuss it with people who know what they are talking about and not with someone that knows next to nothing and has not a jot of integrity.

Good choice Herlock!

The Baron

Comment

Good choice Herlock!

The Baron
                          And Druitt’s father was a ..............?

Go on Baron....try being honest......just once......you might like it
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post

Hello Jon,

As a native lad of West London from the age of birth to 22 years old, I've fished more in the Thames than I'd say many on here. At Teddington, Kingston, Richmond and Chiswick and even Putney.

Below are the tide tables for 2018/19.
                            During the months of November and December, there are no less than 53 different times of the days of those two months, when the low tide level at Chiswick is BELOW 1m deep. Often as low as 0.4m
                            For those who still use imperial measures, that's 3ft 3 inches and 16 inches, respectively.

Now, if you are talking of a body in the water upward of a month, the chances of concealment in that stretch if the Thames, considering high and low tides, is pretty slim.
                            At Chiswick Eyot, at high tide, the road, along the river, is often impassable. Flooding is normal.

If I recall correctly, Druitt's body was found amongst the reeds towards the side of the river, not in the middle. In order for it to travel sideways towards the edge, however much weight you wish to attain to the body, it will be affected by high tide. High tide occurs as often as low tide.

Now when working out that, it becomes entirely obvious that in order for a body to be moved with both low, and high tides, the weight cannot be that heavy. Its that obvious. Also, keep in mind that a body in water becomes bloated relatively quickly.

So it means, Jon, that given the totally unlikely scenario that Druitt's body was in the centre of the river at low tide 16"-39" (remember bloated), it is more logical that it was brought into the reeds at high tide.

The reeds in November and December are not thick. It is winter. The reeds I humbly suggest are the only place the body could remain after a high tide. Therefore, the weight cannot have been that great, in order for the bloated body to be deposited there. And stay there.

As I said. I know that area of the Thames quite well, and can tell you that the view along the river, from both the paths, the roads and the Bridges, are very good indeed.

Oh, and before you ask, a body laying flat does not sink into the mud, as the weight ratio is spread, rather like if one lies flat on thin ice. Should a body be lying on the mud at low tide, it would be seen easily.

Small boats do not travel past this stretch of water at low tide, with the exception of rowing boats.

Phil
                            Thankyou for all of that Phil. You seem to be aware of a source which mentions reeds?, I havn't seen any mention of reeds anywhere in the half-dozen or more press articles of the suicide.

In fact from what I read it isn't clear what caused the Waterman (Winslow?) to find the body in the first place.
                            I don't have any preconceived notions about where the body was for the month, it was found floating "off Thorneycrofts" as the tide was coming in (if I have it correct), and it was a misty/foggy day.
                            Everything else is conjecture.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

And Druitt’s father was a ..............?

Go on Baron....try being honest......just once......you might like it
                              Hey HS
                              do you know who said this:
                              the police were looking for him(druitt) alive when he turned up dead? or something to that effect.
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hey HS
                                do you know who said this:
                                the police were looking for him(druitt) alive when he turned up dead? or something to that effect.
                                Hi Abby

Sam references it in post #1276. It may originally have come from info provided by Roger but I’m unsure to be honest. I’ve been a bit distracted.....
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X