What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

He has explained nothing,and like you he is desperately trying to prop up Druitt as a suspect, with nothing to support what MM stated, and like you he seems to have his own agenda, and neither of you have any concept when it comes to assessing and evaluating what is and what is not evidence, in determining whether a person is a suspect, or a person of interest, and I really cant be arsed to continue to flog this proverbial dead horse.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    We have an agenda?!!!

Unbelievable coming from the most biased man on the Forum.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi Herlock,

You're not cutting Trevor any slack, yet at the same time packing your argument with loads of ifs, buts, coulds, perhaps and maybes.

You don't believe Trevor's Feigenbaum theory, and I don't blame you. I didn't believe it right from the get go, when Trevor made a compelling argument in his TV documentary. But then, all Ripper theories are compelling when given the quick cut, strident music, lone seeker of the truth TV treatment. Even Christer's Lechmere TV documentary sounded feasible until you started to think about it.

But, back to Macnaghten. You seem to want to believe him simply because he was a cop. Policemen tend to respond best to orders from above rather than rumours circulating from below, and I would suggest that Macnaghten was instructed by Anderson to cook something up in case the Sun story looked like it was about to turn septic.

I can't prove it any more than you can, but at least I'm not holding anyone up as a putative Ripper which, on the evidence to hand, is unreasonable and unfair.

Regards,

Simon
      Hi Simon,

Can you point me to an instance where Trevor has ever cut anyone else any slack. He litters his post with proclamations of certainty expecting everyone else to simply concede to him.

All I’m doing when I mention Feigenbaum is to point out the blatant hypocrisy of portraying Macnaghten as unreliable whilst trusting the uncorroborated word of a man who allegedly got his information from a compulsive liar. On what planet is that a reasonable view?

Its not unreasonable to call Druitt a suspect because Macnaghten named him. I don’t simply believe him because he was a cop Simon it’s because I see no cast iron reason not too. Of course we shouldn’t just believe someone because he was a Senior Police Officer but I’d say that the reverse is also true. We shouldn’t just assume that he was a liar. Or an idiot for that matter. For me it’s far more likely that he was telling the truth and that he felt that he had good reason to believe Druitt a likely suspect. That doesn’t make Druitt guilty of course.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Jeeeeebus Christ, what a carry on over nothing!

Druitt was Macnaughten's suspect. Whether you think he's a good one or not is a matter of opinion. We'll probably never know the weight of evidence, but it's there in black and white. A contemporary police official had reason to suspect Druitt of the crimes.

And yes, Herlock, it's characteristic of Trevor to rubbish Macnaughten's word whilst believing the lawyer of a pathological liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Jeeeeebus Christ, what a carry on over nothing!

Druitt was Macnaughten's suspect. Whether you think he's a good one or not is a matter of opinion. We'll probably never know the weight of evidence, but it's there in black and white. A contemporary police official had reason to suspect Druitt of the crimes.

And yes, Herlock, it's characteristic of Trevor to rubbish Macnaughten's word whilst believing the lawyer of a pathological liar.
          Indeed. Actually, the important thing is how the sources are treated. We have Trevor telling everyone that the Macnaghten memorandum wasn't worth the paper it's written on, but not being able to back that up when pressed. It's a good job his source analysis isn't taken too seriously by anyone.
          Last edited by PaulB; 06-06-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
            Macnaghten received information,thought about it,and concluded there was no proof.
            proof and suspicion are different things. MM said he had suspicion about Druitt and at another time (in general about the ripper ) no proof. so in a nutshell, he had suspicion but no proof. its not rocket science.
            well apparently it is to some people.
            Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-06-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Help please!

Not OT, but I have a quick related question to Druitt:

Can anyone supply the full id of the Bosanquet QC that Druitt was, I believe, junior to.

My guess it's Sir Frederick Albert Bosanquet, KC, JP (b1837-d1923) but I'm after a definite id with
              a source or at least from someone who is in a position to know, eg someone who is researched Druitt extensively/written a book on Druitt.

I'm considering researching into to ? Bosanquet and A.R. Jelf.

Any help would be appreciated.

Martyn

Comment

• Hampshire Advertiser, 15th February 1888 -

Click image for larger version

Name:	HAMPSHIRE ADVERTISER FEB 15 1888 BOSANQUET & DRUITT.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	712337
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• I think that's James Druitt, down in Bournemouth.

Fred Bosanquet was at No. 3 King's Bench Walk, if that means anything.

Comment

• Thanks, Simon, rjp (and rjp, a belated thanks re answering my question re the extended list of suspects).

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Martyn

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Bosanquet.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	712346 There's evidently a whole tribe of them, solicitors and clergymen.

Comment

• Here's your man Fred, if you don't have it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	712349 Well, speaking of being called to the bar....hic....

Comment

• Are any of these Bosanquet’s related to the BJT Bosanquet, the man that invented the googly?
                          Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 06-06-2019, 06:43 PM.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• It's interesting that even after at least 3 books on Druitt, this basic question which Bosanquet is Druitt connected to, is still up in the air...

IIRC Reggie Bosanquet, the english newsreader of yesteryear, was no stranger to the bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                              It's interesting that even after at least 3 books on Druitt, this basic question which Bosanquet is Druitt connected to, is still up in the air...

IIRC Reggie Bosanquet, the english newsreader of yesteryear, was no stranger to the bar.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                                Clever and so he was...

Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X