Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Bloody hell, me keyboard is smoking....

No PM, I can't see how the Druitt family could have sued for libel, if what I said in my previous post is true. They could perhaps have applied for the legal retraction of a statement damaging to their reputation and gone after some kind of financial restitution or compensation, but not for libel because Monty Druitt was dead. And it is likely that the cost of bringing such a case against MM or anyone else would greatly exceed any payment awarded in the event of a verdict in their favour.

Graham
    To accuse his family of suspecting him of been the killer is leaving yourself open to libel surely it's almost inferring you've aided him in the murders I seem to remember Peter sutcliffes wife getting some rather large libel payments of newspapers years ago and I think they were inferring she suspected him but did nothing
    Last edited by pinkmoon; 09-29-2013, 04:12 PM.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Bloody hell, me keyboard is smoking....

No PM, I can't see how the Druitt family could have sued for libel, if what I said in my previous post is true. They could perhaps have applied for the legal retraction of a statement damaging to their reputation and gone after some kind of financial restitution or compensation, but not for libel because Monty Druitt was dead. And it is likely that the cost of bringing such a case against MM or anyone else would greatly exceed any payment awarded in the event of a verdict in their favour.

Graham
      Hi Pinkmoon and Graham,

I have to remind you that only a decade before Whitechapel (in 1879) James MacNeill Whistler sued the noted writer and art critic John Ruskin for libel when Ruskin (in a rare slip-up of his artistic judgment) commented that Whistler's mood paintings were like paint flung onto a canvas from their cans. Whistler fought for his artistic reputation, as did Ruskin. Ruskin lost - but the court decided Whistler was owed only one farthing! Due to the expense of the trial, Whistler had to declare bankruptcy for a number of years.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
        Hi Pinkmoon and Graham,

I have to remind you that only a decade before Whitechapel (in 1879) James MacNeill Whistler sued the noted writer and art critic John Ruskin for libel when Ruskin (in a rare slip-up of his artistic judgment) commented that Whistler's mood paintings were like paint flung onto a canvas from their cans. Whistler fought for his artistic reputation, as did Ruskin. Ruskin lost - but the court decided Whistler was owed only one farthing! Due to the expense of the trial, Whistler had to declare bankruptcy for a number of years.

Jeff
        Hi Jeff,I think you would get a few quid if you were been accused of been mixed up in the murder of 5 women and shielding the murderer
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Working...
        X