Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Line of Inquiry into Montague John Druitt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Whilst I personally have no qualms in descending into Maybrick mud fights, I suspect Keith probably finds it all a bit distracting from genuine discussion and investigation for the truth. Also between me and you, I genuinely think Keith has more challenges with modern tech than you Herlock

I’m sure if you have anything specific on Druitt, as I’m sure he will do as he’s done for me, and that is offer any help he can if he can. I have the utmost respect for his work, even if we don’t share the same preferred suspects.
    There's someone worse with tech than me?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Okay, a little less transparency going forward.

I am trying to find out why MJD committed suicide. As with you all, I know the leading theories are (paraphrased, of course):
      • He was JTR, or
      • He was suffering from some mental health issues, or
      • He was facing a scandal of a sexual nature
      What I was hoping with my probing into his client list was evidence that may have suggested a fourth theory.

What if MJD suspected one of his clients was JTR, being their legal representative (as I understand it) MJD would have been caught between serving his client's best interests and serving the law. This would have been the proverbial nail in the coffin that may have pushed him to suicide in addition to the weight of the above three (possibly being fired from the school, the worry that he could fall into the mental health issues that plagued his family, and perhaps being aware that he was under suspicion of being JTR).

Then there’s the matter of cheque and gold found upon him when he was discovered on New Year's Eve. Why would he keep so much money on him and commit suicide? A murderer would have taken the gold, maybe the cheque. Whereas suicides are an act of desperation. MJD had money and a career. A scandal, if true may have been swept under the rug (ignorance of the times), his mental health seemed fine, but fear can be a powerful adversary, which would have been compounded by being regarded as a JTR suspect. Was his confidence a front to mask these fears? His suicide note suggests so.

I had hoped that in his client list a now-known suspect's name would have appeared on the list, but from what few clients I have been able to find, thanks to you guys, I’m not seeing any.

Comment

Did you see anything in the Queens Bench or Chancery Division? Also look at the The Weekly Law Reports.Look both in Google Books and Hathitrust websites.There are also websites with cases from England but with trial and fee.
        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
        M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by snorkelbottom View Post

I am trying to find out why MJD committed suicide. As with you all, I know the leading theories are (paraphrased, of course):
          • He was JTR, or
          What I was hoping with my probing into his client list was evidence that may have suggested a fourth theory.

What if MJD suspected one of his clients was JTR, being their legal representative (as I understand it) MJD would have been caught between serving his client's best interests and serving the law. This would have been the proverbial nail in the coffin that may have pushed him to suicide in addition to the weight of the above three (possibly being fired from the school, the worry that he could fall into the mental health issues that plagued his family, and perhaps being aware that he was under suspicion of being JTR).

Then there’s the matter of cheque and gold found upon him when he was discovered on New Year's Eve. Why would he keep so much money on him and commit suicide? A murderer would have taken the gold, maybe the cheque. Whereas suicides are an act of desperation. MJD had money and a career. A scandal, if true may have been swept under the rug (ignorance of the times), his mental health seemed fine, but fear can be a powerful adversary, which would have been compounded by being regarded as a JTR suspect. Was his confidence a front to mask these fears? His suicide note suggests so.

I had hoped that in his client list a now-known suspect's name would have appeared on the list, but from what few clients I have been able to find, thanks to you guys, I’m not seeing any.
          Hi Snorkel,

I see now why you were pursuing the employer angle. It's worth a nosey, who knows what's out there. As for the idea that Monty killed himself because his client was JtR, well, I'm not feeling that particular line. Two reasons being, solicitors defend those who can pay, even (or especially?) the guilty. I can't see a moral dilemma of such significance being triggered that he jumps off a bridge. Also, just turn the client down. Shop him if needs be.

You're grasping at a bias with this. You turn down the options of failing mental health or scandal, opting for 'he seemed fine and had money and a career ', dismissing the more pedestrian but plausible and going for JtR walks into his office, Monty's somehow compelled to defend him, and the moral conflict somehow leads to his suicide? It's a bit of a stretch...

But, like I say, a new line of enquiry is always worth a look, you never know. Just don't solely look for what should fit.
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

... his mental health seemed fine
            Suicide is often not preceded by warnings. How many times have we heard about a family's complete and utter shock when a loved one kills themselves? As far as they could see, everything was hunky-dory. Depression and suicidal ideation doesn't discriminate by class or status.

Comment

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but many,if not all of the questions posted in this thread are answered in my book 'Blood Harvest' - Amazon. Kindle or paperback. Its section on Druitt is comprehensive and contains much new information.
              David Andersen
              Author of 'BLOOD HARVEST'
              (My Hunt for Jack The Ripper)

Comment

Originally posted by David Andersen View Post
                Sorry to blow my own trumpet but many,if not all of the questions posted in this thread are answered in my book 'Blood Harvest' - Amazon. Kindle or paperback. Its section on Druitt is comprehensive and contains much new information.
                So you got a list of Druitt's clients?, per thread's purpose.
                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by David Andersen View Post
                  I can recommend David's book.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I can recommend David's book.
                    Agreed, Herlock!

It's ages since I read it, but I recall quite liking that one.

Comment

• He was JTR, or

As JTR had the appearance of a sailor, I doubt whether he would have been a client of Druitt's.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

As JTR had the appearance of a sailor, I doubt whether he would have been a client of Druitt's.
                        How can you be convinced he was a sailor?
                        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                        JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

How can you be convinced he was a sailor?
                          Lawende described him as having the appearance of a sailor and I have reason to believe that the description of the man responsible for
                          an earlier effort of his (the murderer) also indicates he was a sailor.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Lawende described him as having the appearance of a sailor and I have reason to believe that the description of the man responsible for
                            an earlier effort of his (the murderer) also indicates he was a sailor.
                            Now I wonder what suspect was a sailor?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Now I wonder what suspect was a sailor?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              I'm keeping that up my sleeve.

I have published many of my ideas, but am saving that up.

Comment

As a Barrister he was self employed and up for briefs from any Solicitor (The good old Cab Rank Rule) I know I have seen a couple of cases where he was briefe$ by brother William’s firm of solicitors. But off hand can’t recall mention of any other firms in particular, but that could be as much because my brain doesn’t work too well now days.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X