Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi PI,

... How can we prove Lech didn't take a holiday after finding Polly? Maybe Koz was visiting relatives on the night of the double? There's such little documentary evidence surviving that a starting point of 'prove that a person who lived and worked in the area was actually there on that day' is going to be fruitless. It's impossible.
    I am very glad you wrote that!

As you may be aware, several people who have been accused of committing this series of murders have been cleared because, even after the passage of about a century, their alibis remain intact.

The Duke of Clarence has alibis for all five murders, having been in either Yorkshire or Scotland at the time that they occured.
    Walter Sickert was on holiday in France when the first two murders took place and very probably still there when the double murder took place.
    Michael Ostrog was imprisoned in France when the murders took place.

Some people are saying that the 9th of November 1888 was a public holiday, at least for workers in the City of London.
    The supposed expert Edward Stow has labelled such persons 'ignorant'.

Even if it was not a holiday, there are reasons to think that Charles Allen Lechmere would have had no difficulty in providing an alibi for at least one of the murders.

The same, I believe, goes for Kosminski.

His defence counsel at any trial would have needed merely to produce a solid alibi for one of the murders and the case would likely have been thrown out.

It is very easy to prosecute a man 100 years after his death.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

As you may be aware, several people who have been accused of committing this series of murders have been cleared because, even after the passage of about a century, their alibis remain intact.

The Duke of Clarence has alibis for all five murders, having been in either Yorkshire or Scotland at the time that they occured.
      Walter Sickert was on holiday in France when the first two murders took place and very probably still there when the double murder took place.

Some people are saying that the 9th of November 1888 was a public holiday, at least for workers in the City of London.

Even if it was not a holiday, there are reasons to think that Charles Allen Lechmere would have had no difficulty in providing an alibi for at least one of the murders.

His defence counsel at any trial would have needed merely to produce a solid alibi for one of the murders and the case would likely have been thrown out.

HI PI

The following leading, popular and valid candidates have not been as yet, definitively ruled out:

Druitt
      Tumblety
      Koz
      Bury
      Lech
      Hutch
      Kelly
      Chapman

In contrast to someone like Ostrog, who was a popular suspect for many years based on the MM, but who was ruled out definitively by Sugden, who found that he was in a Paris jail during the autumn of terror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

HI PI

The following leading, popular and valid candidates have not been as yet, definitively ruled out:

Druitt
        Tumblety
        Koz
        Bury
        Lech
        Hutch
        Kelly
        Chapman

In contrast to someone like Ostrog, who was a popular suspect for many years based on the MM, but who was ruled out definitively by Sugden, who found that he was in a Paris jail during the autumn of terror.

Druitt​ .... Chapman

And who gets to adjudicate on the meaning of the word 'definitive'?

I think many of these suspects are fanciful.

Lechmere had a full time job and lived with a wife and nine children.

Druitt had a full-time public school teaching job, was practising as a barrister during the period in which the murders took place, and in his spare time played cricket and hockey, staying in Dorset at the time of the first murder.

I know there are people saying that Druitt could have commuted between London and Dorset while he was on holiday in Dorset.

I don't think anyone here would appreciate having the same suggestion made to them about a trip they had made!

I think it isn't reasonable to make that point against Druitt.

I think it is reasonable to conclude from the evidence we have that he spent that night in Dorset and that he would have been able to prove that he did so.

The real murderer was in east London the whole time, wandering the streets looking for opportunities to murder women, and he found five in 10 weeks.

It isn't credible to suggest that Druitt could have just popped down to London for a few hours, without any of his friends noticing his absence, and committed a murder on cue.

After all these years in which we have been asked to believe that he committed the murders from a base in Blackheath, 8 miles from Spitalfields, we are now being asked to believe that he did it from Dorset!

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Comment

HI PI

Druitt
          Tumblety
          Koz
          Bury
          Lech
          Hutch
          Kelly
          Chapman

I would add Levy myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

I would add Levy myself.
            Hi El
            Has it been definitively ascertained that he was related to the mitre square witness? if yes then OK, because at least its some link to the crimes. If no, then I wouldnt, because he is neither a contemporary police suspect nor has any connection to the case. But thats just me.

Comment

Hi El
              Has it been definitively ascertained that he was related to the mitre square witness? if yes then OK, because at least its some link to the crimes. If no, then I wouldnt, because he is neither a contemporary police suspect nor has any connection to the case. But thats just me.
              Yes Tracy and her father proved that some time back.
              What for me was of great interest was the following.
              Although his elder brother hung himself and young Jacob found him. In later life he said his brother had cut his throat.

That his mother who died just before the murders started had lived in a block behind the building in Goulston Street, and his brother Still did.
              And the writting appears to have been on the location( demolished and replace with the block) of where the man who.had him arrested for theft had previously had a business.

Nothing conclusive, but thought provoking

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Yes Tracy and her father proved that some time back.
                What for me was of great interest was the following.
                Although his elder brother hung himself and young Jacob found him. In later life he said his brother had cut his throat.

That his mother who died just before the murders started had lived in a block behind the building in Goulston Street, and his brother Still did.
                And the writting appears to have been on the location( demolished and replace with the block) of where the man who.had him arrested for theft had previously had a business.

Nothing conclusive, but thought provoking

Steve
                Thanks El
                yes I knew they had some evidence that pointed in that direction, but I wasnt aware that it was established fact. If so, yes hes a valid suspect, but still tenuous IMHO.

Yes, very thought provoking!

Comment

''Walter Sickert was on holiday in France when the first two murders took place and very probably still there when the double murder took place.''

Sickert cant be proven beyond doubt to be in France at the time of the Ripper murders ,so for that reason he remains a stand alone suspect just as the others , imo .
                  'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Sickert cant be proven beyond doubt to be in France at the time of the Ripper murders ,so for that reason he remains a stand alone suspect just as the others , imo .
                    Are you saying he can't be proven to have been in France at the time of all the murders, or ANY of the murders?

Comment

Are you saying he can't be proven to have been in France at the time of all the murders, or ANY of the murders?
                      Your the one that said he was holidaying in France when the first two murders took place . Do you ,can you provide evidence to show that was the case ?
                      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Your the one that said he was holidaying in France when the first two murders took place . Do you ,can you provide evidence to show that was the case ?

You mean you aren't aware of the evidence?

And I'M the only member who has been criticised for allegedly not having read enough??

Comment

You mean you aren't aware of the evidence?

And I'M the only member who has been criticised for allegedly not having read enough??
                          You mean you have some then ? youll forgive me if i dont take your word for it .

Comment

You mean you have some then ? youll forgive me if i dont take your word for it .

You don't need to take my word for it.

I think you could easily find it online, but I will publish it here later today.

Comment

You don't need to take my word for it.

I think you could easily find it online, but I will publish it here later today.
                              Good Luck , ill be waiting to see it.

Comment

Good Luck , ill be waiting to see it.
                                I don't need any luck.

It is well-known in the art world, where Cornwell has become a laughing stock.

And that's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X