No announcement yet.

Photographs of Druitt - A Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A photograph of deceased close personal relative.....Can anyone see the striking resemblance to monty? Or do my eyes deceive me?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
      I think we have the same edition, Chris. My copy also mentions the photo, but it's not actually there. My copy is in decent condition, and does not appear to be missing any pages from the photo section, so I guess there was some sort of rights issue between editions but the text wasn't adjusted accordingly?

The book also has all the photos numbered and a corresponding list - all pictures are accounted for by this list and the team picture is not mentioned.

Mine is a paperback, first Sphere Books edition 1973, according to the info inside the first page.
      It's necessary to pay anew for photographic copyright clearance when a new edition is published (though often ignored at that time - I was a picture editor in 1973). No doubt the paperback publishers either didn't wish to, or more likely the relevant 'film' or plates of the image had been lost between editions... Stories I could tell you!
      Last edited by Sara; 11-24-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X