Phoographs of Blackheath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoographs of Blackheath

I plan to re-post the photographs I took of Eliot Place and Eliot Cottages over the past 2-3 years. I did find this photo of Eliot Place ca. early 1960's. You can see that it has changed even since then. That's the Hare and Billet in the foreground left. If you look just to the left of the lamp post on the corner, you can see in the distance the only remaining section of Valentine's school. It is the building with the pointed roof. John Henry Lonsdale lived just around the corner of the Hare and Billet to the left.

The photo is copyrighted, so I can only post the link:

From viewfinder.english-heritage.org.uk
    Last edited by aspallek; 04-16-2008, 11:04 PM.

Hi Andy.

Just a bit of clarity - you are allowed to directly post up images, so long as you have not resaved them before posting, so that the properties will show the jpeg as resident on another site.

Casebook is set to accept using the code of [img]WEB ADDRESS OF JPEG ITSELF[/img] and it will show up the photo from elsewhere without using Casebook's bandwidth to do so.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

OK, Philip, I'll take your word for it since you obviously know what you are talking about in this area.

Here it is (from viewfinder.english-heritage.org.uk):
      Last edited by aspallek; 04-17-2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

9 Eliot Place, site of Valentine's school (on right, original building demolished long ago). The building with the pointed roof line on the left was part of the school and is the only bit still standing:
        Attached Files

Comment

Eliot Cottages with no. 5 to the far right, residence of John Henry Lonsdale and less than a minute's walk from Valentine's school. The top photo is taken from a point more or less in front of the site of Valentine's school:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by aspallek; 04-17-2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

The Hare & Billet on left with Eliot Cottages on right. This view looks more or less in the opposite direction to that of the old photo above.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by aspallek; 04-17-2008, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Great stuff, Andy. Keep 'em coming. (It's probably an imposition, but I would really appreciate it if you could repost some of your excellent shots of Chiswick sometime as well.)

Comment

^^ I would be happy to.

Comment

Working...
                X