No announcement yet.

Montague Druitt:Childhood Pig Torturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montague Druitt:Childhood Pig Torturer?

Over on the " General Discussion" line, under the " Where Jack got his Start? "
    thread, I broached the possibility of Montague Druitt having indulged in animal cruelty as a child.
    Hastily I should add, I have absolutely no evidence that he had done so.
    But earlier posters had mentioned a potential " Jack the Ripper" would not have suddenly and so expertly, begun devastating street women by mutilating their tortured bodies.
    Others pointed to Professor McDonald's theory that early indicators for potential serial killers -called the "McDonald trio" - are: bed wetting; animal torture; and childhood fire-starting.
    Yet another poster pointed out that since pigs were the closest animal to humans ( anatomically ), then perhaps "Jack" started out torturing and mutilating pigs.
    All these points, rang alarm bells in my mind.

A close family connection with the Druitts of Wimborne were the Homer family. Also of Dorset. These people (married into the Druitt family I think) were big landholders, and very successful pig breeders in Dorset.
    Could, I asked out loud, Montague have spent his school holidays on the Homer pig farm? Might he have been allowed to try his hand with a knife?
    And found this process very much to his liking?
    Of course, what would be required is a wholesale look for " animal mutilations" and unusual animal torture cases in the Dorset of MJD's childhood.
    Gareth and Fisherman have pointed out such a search would be difficult, because 19th century humans in Dorset were not so kind to their animals. The norm of cruelty amongst Edwardian farmers and their workers, makes the chance of finding special press mentions unlikely.
    I say, O.K. But just keep this theory in mind during your Dorset researches in the future. JOHN RUFFELS.

Also, John, we'll look for reports of a boy starting a fire in his bed and then putting it out by bedwetting, while eating a bacon sandwich.

Comment

Have You Seen The little Piggies Grovelling In the dirt...?

Yes Robert,

You are correct. LVP Bacon sarnies deserve close scrutiny.

Bed wetting of course, just indicates anxiety.Fire starting, is a another matter

I have often wondered if Shakespeare wrote Bacon.At least on a shopping list!

But on a different tack:

I forgot to mention that one of the few people who attended Montague Druitt's Wimborne Minster funeral was none other than Mr Homer.
      Indicating a close relationship with the recently departed or at the very least, his family. JOHN RUFFELS.

Comment

Dear Gory Boy:

While Chef Linford is off makin' bacon sandwiches...masticate on this if ye will..

Can you or anyone else name one serial killer who is known to have committed sooey-cide without being under arrest or suspicion ? I'll be darned if I can. I can't find one case of a serial killer who committed suicide without first being in the hams, er, hands of the police.

Heavy on the mayo,Robert.

Comment

Good point How.

Except that if they weren't under suspicion, we wouldn't know if a suicide victim was a serial killer.

It's like asking what percentage of unknown serial killers collected comic books.
          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Mag:

Of course thats true and thats a good analogy,buddy. Yet, there are as many February 30ths as there are serial killers, whose handiwork was eventually revealed and linked to them without any doubt, after their suicide that we know of. Thats what I meant.

Druitt would fall into this category if his complicity could be proven,Mag. A suicidal serial killer who didn't commit suicide while in custody. Those who committed suicide were either locked up or on the run with the police in pursuit.

Comment

Hi Howard.

In answer to your question "Can you or anyone else name one serial killer who is known to have committed sooey-cide without being under arrest or suspicion ?", you could try looking at the case of Jack the Stripper.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Dear Garry:

Thanks very much for that. I did overlook that rogue. Thats one.

Comment

Yet another poster pointed out that since pigs were the closest animal to humans ( anatomically )

Blimey! I must be a freak! I've examined myself all over and I've only got two legs, can't find a single trotter, no snout and no quirky little tail!

Comment

Of Snouts In Troughs and Replacement Heart Valves

Yes Howard, I can see your point.
                    Though G.R.Sims did once allege Druitt was found drowned just as the Force was going to be With Him.

As to the similar (internal?) geography of humans and pigs...and, let's face it, pigs sometimes DO have lovely eye-lashes....people are ,today, trotting round with pig's heart-valves as replacement parts...

Other than the Beatles song about "the Little Piggies grovelling in the dirt"; and "Animal Farm",I often see analogous behaviour by local government representatives in my district.
                    I once attended one of their catered events, and asked the Mayor: "Where's The Trough?".
                    He laughed and pointed his snout in the appropriate direction.JOHN RUFFELS.

Comment

Working...
                    X