Broadmoor Archives finally open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalie,

I beleive that is how Jack started out....Knifing when he was a teenager.

BW
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
    Albert Einstein

Comment

• I quoted the Hansard report on the Sutcliffe case as it keenly demonstrates the collusion that can take place between the Crown and defence in a murder trial; and that if questions had not been asked in this regard in Parliament we probably would have never known about such collusion.
      Smoke and mirrors are in every brief's Samsonite, and it is foolish to believe otherwise.
      The fact of the matter is that we do not know what took place in Saunderson's case, and all we have heard so far is idle speculation about the exact meaning of a few legal terms, with the Sutcliffe case demonstrating that much of what goes on in a murder trial remains beyond our knowledge, and probably always will.
      As I said if judge and jury had been fooled in the Sutcliffe case by the Crown's smoke and mirrors, they would have returned the verdict the Crown wanted and the trial would have been brought to an abrupt end.
      Saunderson, and Sutcliffe, both walked into the Old Bailey on a charge of murder, make no mistake there... the fact that one was found guilty of murder and the other detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure merely shows the due process of law drifting in another direction. The CPS antagonised the judge and jury in the Sutcliffe trial, they had the smoke but not the mirrors. In the Saunderson trial they had both, plus a defendent related to Her Majesty, and it suited and pleased Her Majesty's Pleasure that the case was dealt with swiftly and with as little publicity as possible.
      It is all very well to claim that the verdict given in Saunderson's trial legally proposes that no trial has taken place; but at the same time to deny that Saunderson was tried on a murder charge at the Old Bailey - when it is a matter of public record and fact - is much like pissing into the wind in the expectation of retaining dry boots.

Comment

• Thanks Stephen, I enjoyed the report as well.

Chris, with love from me to you:

'
        Jesse PomeroyJesse Pomeroy was fourteen when he was arrested in 1874 for the sadistic murder of a four-year-old boy. He was quickly dubbed "The Boston Boy Fiend." His rampage had begun three years earlier with the sexual torture of seven other boys. For those crimes Pomeroy was sentenced to reform school, but then he was released early. Not long afterward he mutilated and killed a 10-year-old girl who came into his mother's store. A month later, he snatched four-year-old Horace Mullen. He took Horace to a swamp outside town and slashed him so savagely with a knife that he nearly decapitated the child. Because of his strange appearance—he had a milky white eye---and his previous behavior, suspicion turned to him. When he was shown the body and asked if he'd done it, he responded with a nonchalant, "I suppose I did." Then the girl was found buried in his mother's cellar and he confessed to that murder, too. He was convicted and sentenced to death, although a public outcry against condemning a child to hang commuted the sentence to four decades of solitary confinement.'

Comment

• The only thing about Jack being in his early teens or thereabouts is that, sure enough it's certainly possible, but do you really think the woman who were ripped would service a young boy? Give them some dignity.

Comment

• The ghost of Colin Wilson still haunts us I see.
            You service cars and lifts.
            It might come as a surprise to you, but women breath, have thoughts, and generally act like living beings.
            They don't need a service.
            They need love, appreciation and passion.
            And dignity.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLUE WIZZARD View Post
              Natalie,

I beleive that is how Jack started out....Knifing when he was a teenager.

BW
              Well its certainly a possibility BW!

Comment

• Jack was too skilled in his killing and disappearing into the dark to be a beginner at this, my opinion is that he learned this from his teens, much like Jeffery Dahmer and Gary Ridgeway just to name a couple, skill with a knife takes time, and disappearing in the night takes confidence and a good knowledge of the neighborhood. Some place he grew up in with people knowing him and even trusting him.

BW
                Albert Einstein

Comment

• M&P,

Jack most likely did not rip the woman when he was a teen, he may have used a knife to scare and rob the prostitutes, and as time went on he progressed to wanting to experience more and more power his knife would provide for him.

There may have been some stabbings and killing on his part, this leads to an addiction, like a drug addict needs more to satisfy his urges.

With so many Prostitutes available and nobody caring what happens to them, this must have been like a dream come true.

BW
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                    Chris, with love from me to you:
                    But of course, the point is that we're not talking about someone who murdered children, we're talking about someone who murdered prostitutes while posing as a client. So unless you can find some evidence that it would have been unremarkable for a boy of 14 to patronise Whitechapel prostitutes, we can be reasonably sure that the murderer wasn't a boy of 14!

Comment

• Chris
                      what on earth gives you the idea or impression that the killer was either a client, or posed as a client?
                      That's news to me.

Comment

• M&P,

Jack most likely did not rip the woman when he was a teen, he may have used a knife to scare and rob the prostitutes, and as time went on he progressed to wanting to experience more and more power his knife would provide for him.

There may have been some stabbings and killing on his part, this leads to an addiction, like a drug addict needs more to satisfy his urges.

With so many Prostitutes available and nobody caring what happens to them, this must have been like a dream come true.
                        Oh, I don't doubt Jacky boy probably was responsible for knife crime when he was a young lad, but I meant that I think it's next to impossible that Jack the Ripper was a 14 y/o during 1888.
                        What on earth gives you the idea or impression that the killer was either a client, or posed as a client?
                        That's news to me
                        I was gonna get into a debate with you but going by that reply you're obviously joking.

Comment

Chris
                          what on earth gives you the idea or impression that the killer was either a client, or posed as a client?
                          Because that is often the case when prostitutes are murdered. In several such serial killer cases the murderer has been a client or posed as one. Not really a news flash or rocket science. That you were ignorant of this is of course not anyone else's fault.
                          The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

• I was simply stating the bald fact that there is no evidence to indicate that the women killed were murdered by clients. In fact, in some cases, there is very little evidence to indicate that the women were even prostitutes.
                            You boys and your fantasy world.

Comment

I was simply stating the bald fact that there is no evidence to indicate that the women killed were murdered by clients.
                              Of course, I didn't say the victims were "murdered by clients". I said the murderer posed as a client. If anyone but A. P. Wolf really doubted that, maybe it would be worth discussing, but I'm not going to waste any more time arguing about it with him.

Comment

• Chris, I don't have much knowledge of street prostitutes, so would you please explain to me how one 'poses' as the client of such?
                                Is a suit required?
                                Or do I just go naked with a knife in my hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X