Reasoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasoning

From what I can tell the only reason that Dr. Cream is considered as a suspect is because he supposed last words, through the hood over his head just before being hanged, were "I am Jack." Now, I have read a bit about Cream and know him to be a poisoner and I also know that he's suspected or nearly, I haven't done a lot of reading on it so forgive me, of killing his wife. I plan to take a closer look over time but what are the serious things pointing to Dr. Cream being the Ripper? His height and appearance sorta fit....So to get a jump on things could someone explain why he's a suspect outside of him saying that before being hanged?

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post
      Anyone?
      There's very little to suggest Dr Cream as the Ripper other than him saying I am Jack...

Comment

Just thought that Thomas Stevenson might be of some interest ......

02-04-2019, 04:07 AM

Just for a bit of jolly concerning Henry Gawen Sutton.
        Openshaw had taken over the Pathological Museum from him.
        Stephenson was his inpatient. Twice.
        He was Gull's protege and lived next door to him in the 1860/70s.
        He was on the Shoreditch Vestry Board with Thomas Stevenson,the pathologist in the Cream,Chapman and Maybrick cases.
        Mary Kelly's body was stored in their mortuary and her inquest at "their" town hall.

All that means nothing,until one does some research.

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

The basis for the Suspect tag is essentially the same as Deeming's, they were known killers in London during the critical period. He was convicted of killing women of "lower class", prostitutes..and pregnant women. Interestingly the biological specimen that was supposed to have some from his wife and subsequently led to the pursuit of him was DNA'd a few years back. It wasnt from his wife. Also it seems the man was incarcerated in the US at the time of the Ripper murders.

Not like he was the only man in jail at the time yet made the suspect file anyway.. Ostrog anyone?
          Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
            The basis for the Suspect tag is essentially the same as Deeming's, they were known killers in London during the critical period. He was convicted of killing women of "lower class", prostitutes..and pregnant women. Interestingly the biological specimen that was supposed to have some from his wife and subsequently led to the pursuit of him was DNA'd a few years back. It wasnt from his wife.
            I believe you're thinking of Dr. Hawley Crippen. Cream wasn't married.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I believe you're thinking of Dr. Hawley Crippen. Cream wasn't married.
              Youre absolutely correct rj, serves me right from relying on memory alone. Im at the age when double checking is wise. Thank you.
              Michael Richards

Comment

Hi Michael. I don't know if it's your thing, but if you have 45 minutes to kill sometime there is an interesting podcast on the Crippen case that goes over the DNA evidence. The findings are still quite controversial, but the original researchers still stand by their findings that the remains in Dr. Crippen's cellar were from a male.

Criminal, Episode 202 "Across the Atlantic."

Across the Atlantic | Criminal (thisiscriminal.com) zz0.xqddoraagrzz

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X