Does anything rule Bury out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I'm not sure he'd even make my top three, but certainly in the hit parade.
    Come on, GUT. Find me another proven suspect who lived in the East End at the time, murdered a woman and mutilated her corpse?

And that's without the convenient timing with which he left London not long after the final canonical murder.

I don't know why more people aren't interested in Bury as the Ripper. If I had to take a stab, I'd say it's because he's less captivating than a psychotic killer who masqueraded as a doctor, a poet, or a simple family man. The Ripper has taken on this mythic quality that it's inconceivable that he was really a dysfunctional, wife-beating drunk all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      Come on, GUT. Find me another proven suspect who lived in the East End at the time, murdered a woman and mutilated her corpse?

And that's without the convenient timing with which he left London not long after the final canonical murder.

I don't know why more people aren't interested in Bury as the Ripper. If I had to take a stab, I'd say it's because he's less captivating than a psychotic killer who masqueraded as a doctor, a poet, or a simple family man. The Ripper has taken on this mythic quality that it's inconceivable that he was really a dysfunctional, wife-beating drunk all along.
      I would add to that-that he was also a police suspect, or at least a person of interest at the time.
      mutilated her abdomen, post mortem, similar to the ripper.
      Used a knife in the crime
      was known to frequent pubs
      had a history of violence
      was known to frequent prostitutes
      may have had a motive for hating prostitutes as his wife was one before and/or he may have contracted a STD from one
      His profession and use of cart would have facilitated his crimes and given a reason why he was out late if questioned.
      He was non descript local avg joe, fitting the profile of many a serial killer

Hes definitely one of the more viable suspects.
      Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-24-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• I said he was up there.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I said he was up there.
          I would say that he is one of the more viable suspects discussed over the years.
          Not at the top of the list but certainly in the top half dozen.

regards

Steve

Comment

• Out of curiosity, who would be ahead of Bury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              I would say that he is one of the more viable suspects discussed over the years.
              Not at the top of the list but certainly in the top half dozen.

regards

Steve
              Yep.

To me it's

U.N. Known

And those suspected by contemporary police (simply because they had ALL the material we don't, and I just don't buy the idea that they were too stupid to find their backside with a mirror on a stick) and known killers who were/ might reasonably have been, in the area.

So

Bury
              Kelly
              Koz
              Montie
              Doc
              And some local lunatic

And that's not in any perticular order.

I take no Joy in the pin the murders on a famous person , or turn a iTunes's into a suspect, even though I understand (or think I do) the psychology behind it.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• But U.N. Known and A.N. Other always rise to the top of my list.
                G U T

Comment

Out of curiosity, who would be ahead of Bury?
                  in my view:

Kosminski
                  Another polish Jew. 2 or 3 to chose from.
                  Unknown local man
                  Druitt AND BURY LEVEL.

at this stage, I do not consider any serious case has been made against anyone else.

Obviously a personal position, based mainly on Police reports and opinions from the time.
                  But no opinions that are not open to change given fresh evidence.

Steve

Comment

Yep.

To me it's

U.N. Known

And those suspected by contemporary police (simply because they had ALL the material we don't, and I just don't buy the idea that they were too stupid to find their backside with a mirror on a stick) and known killers who were/ might reasonably have been, in the area.

So

Bury
                    Kelly
                    Koz
                    Montie
                    Doc
                    And some local lunatic

And that's not in any perticular order.

I take no Joy in the pin the murders on a famous person , or turn a iTunes's into a suspect, even though I understand (or think I do) the psychology behind it.
                    Hi GUT

see we agree apart from Kelly, whom I would put in the next tier, possible but unlikely.

And A Doctor, I assume such would either live or work locally so would class him as unknown local man!

Steve

Comment

• "Joe Bloggs" doesn't count. That's not a suspect, that's a hypothesis.

Comment

Hi GUT

see we agree apart from Kelly, whom I would put in the next tier, possible but unlikely.

And A Doctor, I assume such would either live or work locally so would class him as unknown local man!

Steve
                        The big issue with Kelly is I doubt he was hanging around the area. Especially considering capture NA have sen him hanging around in enteral, if you get me drift.
                        G U T

Comment

"Joe Bloggs" doesn't count. That's not a suspect, that's a hypothesis.
                          Hi Harry,

while i do not agree with your view on that, it still leaves:

Kosminski
                          Another polish Jew. 2 or 3 to chose from. (Levy, Another Kosminski, not Arron, Cohen)
                          Druitt AND BURY LEVEL.

regards

steve

Comment

I got

Hutch
                            Blotchy
                            Chapman
                            Bury
                            Kelly
                            Koz

More or less in that order.

Everyone else falls off pretty sharply after that IMHO.

Comment

Hi Harry,

while i do not agree with your view on that, it still leaves:

Kosminski
                              Another polish Jew. 2 or 3 to chose from. (Levy, Another Kosminski, not Arron, Cohen)
                              Druitt AND BURY LEVEL.

regards

steve
                              Hi el
                              Other than koz, why other polish Jews?

Comment

Logically speaking no one but then again people always find reasons to suspect someone based on very little.

Comment

Working...
                                X