The Confession Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Confession Letter

"But I solemnly state before God, as a dying man that I had no intention of doing so before the deed was done."

"And for this act of mine I ask the pardon of Almighty God trusting in His mercy to grant me that pardon which He is ever willing to give to those who are deeply sorry and truly penitent for their sins.
    I declare that as a dying man that this is the absolute truth
    I remain yours obediently
    William Henry Bury"

That doesn't strike me as a confession of Jack the Ripper.

I choose to believe Bury's words.

The Baron

"Detectives from Scotland Yard, were sent to interview Bury and collect as much information as possible about him and ascertain his exact movements during the period he lived in London. The police discovered that he was in the habit of carrying a knife about his person, and that he was absent from his lodgings on the night's both Annie Chapman and Mary Kelly were murdered"

That means, Bury was NOT absent from his lodgings on the nights Nichols and Eddowes were murdered !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post
      "Detectives from Scotland Yard, were sent to interview Bury and collect as much information as possible about him and ascertain his exact movements during the period he lived in London. The police discovered that he was in the habit of carrying a knife about his person, and that he was absent from his lodgings on the night's both Annie Chapman and Mary Kelly were murdered"

That means, Bury was NOT absent from his lodgings on the nights Nichols and Eddowes were murdered !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Baron
      No it doesn't. It just means that it was not ascertained where he was when Nichols and Eddowes were murdered.
      The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

No it doesn't. It just means that it was not ascertained where he was when Nichols and Eddowes were murdered.
        Exactly.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

And that explains clearly why the Police at the time after investigating him lost interest in Bury and didn't consider him a viable suspect!

The Baron

Comment

This has to be a joke surely?
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

“The London authorities are not inclined to believe that prisoner was connected with any of the recent atrocities in Whitechapel, as he was well known in the locality, and had never been seen out at any untimely hours”

"the Dundee Advertiser did indicate in April 1889 that Scotland Yard came to believe that Bury was not responsible for the murders​"

That was even before the Mckenzie murder, I think it is safe to eliminate Bury from my suspect list.

And he had a beard!

The Baron

Comment

So you’ve found a photograph of him in August-November of 1888 with a beard Do share it.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

“The London authorities are not inclined to believe that prisoner was connected with any of the recent atrocities in Whitechapel, as he was well known in the locality, and had never been seen out at any untimely hours”

"the Dundee Advertiser did indicate in April 1889 that Scotland Yard came to believe that Bury was not responsible for the murders​"

That was even before the Mckenzie murder, I think it is safe to eliminate Bury from my suspect list.

And he had a beard!

The Baron
                  In all likelihood Mckenzie wasn't a Ripper victim. And a man can grow a beard in a matter of days.

Comment

Working...
                  X