No announcement yet.

Bury's Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aethelwulf have you seen the thread here called 'through the keyhole', the Dundee polcie listed all the items in Bury's flat, various hats are mentioned. Along with a fur lined coat, some cheap rings and a soverigen holder. If you havent already would appreciate your take on that list.

As far as the comment on Jewish appearance goes, I dont read too much into it myself. People have Jewish features, the Nazis wrote a handbook on it to help them murder people.
    but it is convenient for our suspect.

Becasue the police were convinced they were after a Jewish person from September, but the GSG was clearly written by a non Jewish person.
    Like the West Yorkshire police thought their ripper as a Geordie, it caused them to overlook the real murderer.

Comment

And another point I know these women were desperate circumstances but i dont see Kelly let into her room someone like Aaron Kosminski.
      It wasnt just the police, it was in a lot of newspapers most people thought it was a violent foreign Jew, a leather apron.

So aswell as the police fooled, I believe Bury also fooled his victims into a false sense of security when they saw he was native guy from west midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggins View Post
        Aethelwulf have you seen the thread here called 'through the keyhole', the Dundee polcie listed all the items in Bury's flat, various hats are mentioned. Along with a fur lined coat, some cheap rings and a soverigen holder. If you havent already would appreciate your take on that list.

As far as the comment on Jewish appearance goes, I dont read too much into it myself. People have Jewish features, the Nazis wrote a handbook on it to help them murder people.
        but it is convenient for our suspect.

Becasue the police were convinced they were after a Jewish person from September, but the GSG was clearly written by a non Jewish person.
        Like the West Yorkshire police thought their ripper as a Geordie, it caused them to overlook the real murderer.
        Yes, good work on the items in the flat. The items that jump out:
        • A pair of black kid gloves
        • He had two knives - pocket and pen
        • A range of hats - two old felt, one tile
        • 3 pairs of boots - how big were heels with ref to height estimates i wonder?
        • Grey jacket - if you look up salt and pepper jacket they look grey
        • bag of 68 farthings - the shiny coins trick?

Comment

So do you think is its worth ploughing through any of those books found in his flat for any links to the murders or any of the clues around them?
          The farthings in the sovereign holder is the kind of cunning wheeze I can see Bury doing, but wonder if there are any tangible links we could unearth.

The book on orthological excercises may have some bearing on the from hell letter, there are names in some of the books any of these from Kelly's room etc

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggins View Post
            So do you think is its worth ploughing through any of those books found in his flat for any links to the murders or any of the clues around them?
            The farthings in the sovereign holder is the kind of cunning wheeze I can see Bury doing, but wonder if there are any tangible links we could unearth.

The book on orthological excercises may have some bearing on the from hell letter, there are names in some of the books any of these from Kelly's room etc
            The books are interesting - weren't some of them romance fiction? Could Ellen read do we know? I know she couldn't write well. Could be from his family but when were they published do you know? Not sure about Kelly's room - didn't Barnett read to her?

I put a reply on that Bury as Astrakhan Man thread the other day - I am warming to that idea. In his flat he had a fur lined coat, kid gloves, Tile (silk) hat , the neighbours in Dundee commented on his flashy jewelry, he was vain enough to go about like that, he liked nice clothes....

Comment

I wonder why Bury removed his hat in court.

Comment

Working...
              X