William Bury: Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Aethelwulf

There is nothing to tie Bury to the Whitechapel murders, apart from speculations here and there we have nothing. Because of the sexual mutilation applied on Ellen he is a person of interest, and nothing more.

Of course he is a convicted murderer, that alone puts him miles ahead of Druitt, Lechmere and the like, still he is a person of interest and not a real suspect.

It is my own openion that Jack is totally different than Bury, after long consideration, I see it like this, Bury is a coward compared to Jack, Jack kills on the streets, Bury kills in his house, Jack shows his victims, Bury hid Ellen in a box, Jack kills strangers to him, Bury killed his wife, Jack cut throats, Bury hang with a rope, Jack escapes police, Bury went ahead to the police on his own, Jack hates prositutes, Bury married a prositute, Jack likes challenges Bury is weak and aloser.

And most importantly, Bury has an alibi for Mckenzie murder.

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post
      Hi Aethelwulf

There is nothing to tie Bury to the Whitechapel murders, apart from speculations here and there we have nothing. Because of the sexual mutilation applied on Ellen he is a person of interest, and nothing more.

Of course he is a convicted murderer, that alone puts him miles ahead of Druitt, Lechmere and the like, still he is a person of interest and not a real suspect.

It is my own openion that Jack is totally different than Bury, after long consideration, I see it like this, Bury is a coward compared to Jack, Jack kills on the streets, Bury kills in his house, Jack shows his victims, Bury hid Ellen in a box, Jack kills strangers to him, Bury killed his wife, Jack cut throats, Bury hang with a rope, Jack escapes police, Bury went ahead to the police on his own, Jack hates prositutes, Bury married a prositute, Jack likes challenges Bury is weak and aloser.

The Baron
      Re Jack hates prostitutes. Bury married a prostitute.

Sure, he married Ellen but IIRC that was likely for the substantial inheritance which she received.

He bled her dry financially and started abusing her as soon as they were married.

i don't know that marrying a former prostitute would preclude him from hating them.

He certainly treated Ellen as though he hated her........

Comment

Hi Aethelwulf

The Baron
        What a surprise! You turn up on a thread that I’m on and immediately bring up Druitt. Who’d have thought it?

But you’ve made a little omission. Inadvertently I’m sure.

If Bury is miles ahead of Druitt, Lechmere et al because of the fact that he was a convicted murderer then he had to also be ahead of Kosminski.

And yet, can we guess who said this?

Kosminski is the best suspect we have
        Can anyone recall Kosminski being charged with murder? Perhaps I missed it?

So perhaps you could explain how it is that, because he was a convicted murderer, Bury is a better subject than everyone….except Kosminski?

To use your favourite word Baron ‘gotcha.’
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Re Jack hates prostitutes. Bury married a prostitute.

Sure, he married Ellen but IIRC that was likely for the substantial inheritance which she received.

He bled her dry financially and started abusing her as soon as they were married.

i don't know that marrying a former prostitute would preclude him from hating them.

He certainly treated Ellen as though he hated her........

As I said, its only my opinion that Jack hates prostitutes, and I don't see him marrying one.

Besides there is no indication that Jack was interested in prostitutes money.

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

What a surprise! You turn up on a thread that I’m on and immediately bring up Druitt. Who’d have thought it?

But you’ve made a little omission. Inadvertently I’m sure.

If Bury is miles ahead of Druitt, Lechmere et al because of the fact that he was a convicted murderer then he had to also be ahead of Kosminski.

And yet, can we guess who said this?

Can anyone recall Kosminski being charged with murder? Perhaps I missed it?

So perhaps you could explain how it is that, because he was a convicted murderer, Bury is a better subject than everyone….except Kosminski?

To use your favourite word Baron ‘gotcha.’

I have already told you that Kosminski is the best suspect that we have because he is the only person in history we have a direct evidence against, the seaside identification.

I am sure in a weak or so you will forget that again.

The Baron

Comment

As I said, its only my opinion that Jack hates prostitutes, and I don't see him marrying one.

Besides there is no indication that Jack was interested in prostitutes money.

The Baron
              Personally, I've never been sure whether Jack hated prostitutes, or his rage was directed at women in general, with the Whitechapel streetwalkers making easy prey.

I think it's a slam dunk that he was not motivated by their money.

If he had been, he was barking up the wrong tree completely with his choice of victim.

Comment

I have already told you that Kosminski is the best suspect that we have because he is the only person in history we have a direct evidence against, the seaside identification.

The Baron
                This is the last time I’ll respond to your stupidity on this thread which was started by Wulf to discuss Bury and not Druitt or any other suspect. You clearly have trouble understanding English as every other poster on here can understand the point that I’ve made.

You said…

. Of course he is a convicted murderer, that alone puts him miles ahead of Druitt, Lechmere and the like
                So….you are clearly saying that the fact of being a convicted murderer in itself is enough to put him ahead of other suspects who weren’t convicted murderers.

Kosminski was not a convicted murderer and so, by the standard that you yourself set in the quote above, the fact that Bury was a convicted murderer should also put him miles ahead of Kosminski. It’s not hard to understand. And yet….

Kosminski is the best suspect we have
                Maybe you could find someone to explain this very obvious contradiction to you. Then again, it’s no more than I’d expect from you. So if you don’t have the integrity and admit your clanger (and you’ve never shown any up until now) perhaps you can stop obsessing over Druitt and let the thread get back to Bury.
                Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-12-2021, 09:32 PM.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Personally, I've never been sure whether Jack hated prostitutes, or his rage was directed at women in general, with the Whitechapel streetwalkers making easy prey.

I think it's a slam dunk that he was not motivated by their money.

If he had been, he was barking up the wrong tree completely with his choice of victim.
                  I agree Ms D. We can’t be sure that he specifically hated prostitutes. He certainly might have done but, as you say, they were sadly the most convenient victims.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

This is the last time I’ll respond to your stupidity on this thread which was started by Wulf to discuss Bury and not Druitt or any other suspect. You clearly have trouble understanding English as every other poster on here can understand the point that I’ve made.

You said…

So….you are clearly saying that the fact of being a convicted murderer in itself is enough to put him ahead of other suspects who weren’t convicted murderers.

Kosminski was not a convicted murderer and so, by the standard that you yourself set in the quote above, the fact that Bury was a convicted murderer should also put him miles ahead of Kosminski. And yet….

Maybe you could find someone to explain this very obvious contradiction to you. Then again, it’s no more than I’d expect from you. So if don’t have the integrity and admit your clanger (and you’ve never shown any up until now) perhaps you can stop obsessing over Druitt and let the thread get back to Bury.

My post above is more than enough for you, read it again or have someone explain it to you.

The Baron

Comment

Hi Aethelwulf

The Baron
                      Thinking about it, I'd also argue that Jack and Bury were both cowards and losers too.

Yeah, Jack was more of a risk taker, but ultimately they both preyed upon people weaker than themselves who were unable to defend themselves.

Comment

The Baron
                        Hi Baron,

Can you direct me to your source for Kosminski being the subject of the seaside identification and the witness name please.

Cheers, George
                        They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                        Out of a misty dream
                        Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                        Within a dream.
                        Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Hi Baron,

Can you direct me to your source for Kosminski being the subject of the seaside identification and the witness name please.

Cheers, George
                          hi gb
                          the source was the swanson marginailia and the witness was probably lawende.

Comment

Hi Aethelwulf

The Baron
                            your boy Koz wasnt a convicted murderer either. and the ripper and bury were both cowards, they both picked on women for crying out loud. but i agree about mckenzie, I lean toward her being a ripper victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

your boy Koz wasnt a convicted murderer either. and the ripper and bury were both cowards, they both picked on women for crying out loud. but i agree about mckenzie, I lean toward her being a ripper victim.

I said "Bury is a coward compared to Jack"

All murderers are coward in general and in ethical sense.

And Kos is not my "boy", he had been identified by the only witness who saw the murderer, that puts him miles ahead of any convicted murderer!

But that doesn't mean he was definitely Jack, although Sir Anderson and Swanson seam to be satisfied and that stands.

I have personaly a great respect for Swanson.

The Baron

Comment

Hi Baron,

As you are probably aware, there are problems with the Anderson/Swanson suspect. Swanson said that he was interred in an asylum after the MJK murder and died shortly after his interment. Aaron Kosminski was interred in Colney Hatch on 4 Feb 1891 and died in 1919. The Anderson/Swanson suspect more closely fits the Fido suspect, Martin Kaminsky/David Cohen. The Seaside Home didn't open until Mar 1890, some 18 months after the double event. We don't know who the witness was: Lawende who said he wouldn't recognise the suspect if seen again, Harris who said he saw nothing, Levy who was suspiciously secretive, or Schwartz. The first three only saw a man talking to a woman near where the murder took place. Hardly conclusive. At least Schwartz saw an incident which may have led to the murder of Stride, but then there is disagreement about Stride being a ripper victim, so even if Schwartz identified Aaron, he may not have been JtR, or even killed Stride. The other theory that has been put forward it that Anderson may have confused Campbell's identification of Sadler as the man who sold him a knife in a Sailor's Home with the failed identification attempt by Lawende of Sadler as the ripper.

Coming back to the tread at hand, Bury had a history of violence culminating in at least one murder that we know about. Kosminski was considered to be an amiable imbecile with a record of one incident of a family threat and threatening an asylum attendant with a chair when the attendant tried to force him to bathe. It is possible that Aaron incurred unjustified police surveillance and suspicion by his family after an identification by Schwartz as BSM when the actual killer was Parcelman.

Cheers, George
                                Last edited by GBinOz; 08-13-2021, 05:01 AM.
                                They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                                Out of a misty dream
                                Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                                Within a dream.
                                Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Working...
                                X