Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby.... >>> http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=7113&page=2

Comment

• If Bury wasn't Jack why would he go to the trouble of moving to Dundee to murder Ellen?

Comment

• Hi John Wheat

Bury supposedly wrote in different styles.
        Source please?

As well as the forged letter of employment it is likely he wrote the messages on the doors in his flat e.g. Jack the Ripper is in this cellar.
        The forged offer of employment was presumably designed to convince his wife and/or her sister of the reasons for moving North. On the basis that either (despite his wife's alleged illiteracy) might recognise his own hand, it is equally valid to theorise that Bury persuaded or paid someone else to write this letter.

With regard to the messages on the cellar doors, it is now established that these doors were not actually within the flat. They were at the foot of a flight of stairs at the rear of the building outside the flat...accessed from a relatively public area...ANYBODY could have written them, either before or after the discovery of the body.

All the best

Dave

Comment

• If Bury wasn't Jack why would he go to the trouble of moving to Dundee to murder Ellen?
          Sorry John but you might equally ask: "If Bury was Jack, why would he go to the trouble of moving to Dundee to murder Ellen? Why not just cut her throat in London and get her more easily attributed as one of the series credited to the mystery killer?"

Just saying...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• To Cogidudnus
            I was merely writing a point I had been pontificating when I typed If Bury wasn't Jack why would he go to the trouble of moving to Dundee to murder Ellen? Hopefully to get some debate on the matter.
            Also as reguards to the chalked messages it is my opinion that Bury wrote them. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Hi John

Fair enough so long as the evidence is respected and we all try to keep an open mind!

All the best mate

Dave

Comment

• Dave,

Be careful, the Bury Posse doesn't like people talking on their threads unless a Bury supporter. I'm sure you like me at least acknowledge he is a suspect and should be but without further support/evidence he will most likely stay that way. Better than a lot of suspects but not one of the top.

Rats, I wasn't supposed to look at Bury for a year. However, seeing you Dave comment I had to see what you had to say.

Cheers
                DRoy

Comment

• To DRoy

Why in your opinion is Bury not one of the top suspects?

Cheers John

Comment

• Bury Posse doesn't like people talking on their threads unless a Bury supporter
                    Well I PMd Dave in the past specifically requesting him to keep and eye and help lend his ideas and critical thinking to some of my threads. I cant speak for others but i appreciate all opinions - the reason why i personally dont like your contributions Droy is you because i find you immature but this will pass with age come back when you've grown up a little and can have a mature discussion.
                    Last edited by Boggles; 05-11-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Why in your opinion is Bury not one of the top suspects?
                      John, dont bother - because you are going to hang him you wont get nothing from him

Comment

• To Boggles

As for DRoy I wasn't expecting anything back from him. Some people have a habit of saying things and then not backing them up.

Cheers John

Comment

• Boggles & Wheat,

Haha! Great posts!

Why is he not a top suspect? Because there is no evidence that supports it. That simple. He's still a good suspect in my opinion based on what we know but there is nothing to move him past that. Nothing. The problem is making the suspect fit the evidence instead of having the evidence lead you to a suspect.

Although i've invited you to other threads, i've yet to see a post from either of you. Perhaps there is something in the actual evidence that will help prove or disprove your opinions. However, only hanging out in the Bury thread is only going to blind you. Do either of you even know the evidence in which you base your suspect on? Thats a rhetorical question.

Cheers
                          DRoy

Comment

• Bury will ever be a viable suspect, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• Hi Dave VV

As you say, Bury will always be a viable suspect, nothing more, nothing less...almost unique amongst the other named suspects he's a proven killer...so he's probably deserving of closer attention than he usually gets...

Knife crime is bloody rare anyway in 1888 Whitechapel, but here's this guy....

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                Hell John(s), all
                                One thing this thread has gotten me thinking on is Bury's supposed ability and or use of writing in a different hand. He forged an offer of employment correct? Does anyone know if this document was written by Bury in a different hand than his other known writings?

If he has a history of writing in different styles than eventhough the dear boss letters do not appear to match Bury's other handwriting, it would open the possibility that he did write them in a differnent hand. We had already pointed out the connection between Burys use (and perhaps fixation upon) of the word clever in his supposed statement to the hangman and also the Dear Boss opening. A Psychopathic serial killers common trait seems to be an overwhelming sense of superiority-that they are so much smarter than evryone else-almost an obsession with it. Bury strikes me as an individual who definitely had this charactaristic.
                                Hello, Abby,
                                It seems that the testimony that Bury could write in different hands came from Ellen Bury's sister, Margaret Corney, when she testified against William Henry Bury at his trial in Dundee.

Other interesting information about Bury's whereabouts on the nights of the Ripper murders came from crime reporter Norman Hastings, via William Beadle's "Jack the Ripper Unmasked."

Also, when the police checked on Bury (again according to Hastings) they learned that he walked about "very quietly and had often frightened people by his silent approach," which called to mind a person who reported him going about outdoors in his slippers.

All intriguingly reminiscent of JtR.

curious

Comment

Working...
                                X