No announcement yet.

"...but because you are going to hang me you will get nothing out of me..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boggles has called DRoy's bluff and he comes up with nothing.

Comment

Exactly, John

Originally posted by DRoy View Post
      I don't have a suspect nor do I think I need one.
      That sums it up then doesn't it.

Not to single you out, DRoy. People do this all day here. They don't have a suspect, not a one. But they can't stay away from the suspect threads.

Roy
      Sink the Bismark

Comment

Roy, John & Boggles,

As I said, a childish debate.

I didn't realize you had to have a suspect to go through the suspect threads. To me it would make more sense that since I don't have a suspect it would be a great place to find one.

Ask some of the most senior and true Ripperologists who their suspect is and most don't have one. They let evidence choose and since there is no evidence to convict anyone, one hasn't been chosen.

You'll see from my first post in this Bury thread that I was asking questions about Bury. The purpose? To perhaps be convinced by those of you posting that there is more to Bury than what i've seen so far because i've never been convinced he was 'Jack'. Have you convinced me? Nope, not even a little bit.

Sorry, it's not that I got called out and chickened out, its that I called you all out with my first post and you've all failed. I said Bury should be a suspect before and thats where it still stands. Great suspect? Not in my opinion and maybe that's because you haven't provided any additional proof.

The Bury Posse or whatever you want to call your little gang should check out other threads because this one is blinding you.

Roy,

I know you post in other threads so most of this is not geared towards you but my comments about the suspect threads do. You should know better Roy.

Cheers
        DRoy

Comment

Trash Suspect #1

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
          Exactly, John

That sums it up then doesn't it.

Not to single you out, DRoy. People do this all day here. They don't have a suspect, not a one. But they can't stay away from the suspect threads.

Roy
          That's a good one Roy. I got a laugh out of that. Have no suspect but come to the suspects thread just to destroy other people's ideas. That's a fun game...

Back to Bury, what do y'all think of the minor mutilations he inflicted on his poor wife. An attempt at copycat? Couldn't help himself? Started but lost his nerve? None of the above...?

Greg

Comment

Greg,

You a member of the Bury Posse too? Okay...

First of all, trash ideas? Have you read my posts? Now I know why most of those serious about the case don't post in the Bury threads. You must either be a Bury follower or not. Anything less than a Bury advocate will get you in trouble. Do I have to have blind faith and that alone to be everyone's friend here or is there any evidence that will convince me? No need to answer that.

Cheers
            DRoy

Comment

Trash talk terminated...

Greg,

You a member of the Bury Posse too? Okay...

First of all, trash ideas? Have you read my posts? Now I know why most of those serious about the case don't post in the Bury threads. You must either be a Bury follower or not. Anything less than a Bury advocate will get you in trouble. Do I have to have blind faith and that alone to be everyone's friend here or is there any evidence that will convince me? No need to answer that.

Cheers
              DRoy
              No, I wasn't meaning to trash you DRoy, I just got a kick out of the accusation. I'm not a Bury supporter, I really don't have a suspect either although of late I've found interest in Jacob Levy. I jump all over the boards too......

Just having some fun, please don't take offense. I agree that there's nothing sound on Bury but he's certainly a person of interest...

Greg

Comment

Greg,

Thank you! A person of reason! Yes Greg I know you bounce around the boards too, I apologize for including you in my banter.

Cheers
                DRoy

Comment

Board Jumper...

Greg,

Thank you! A person of reason! Yes Greg I know you bounce around the boards too, I apologize for including you in my banter.

Cheers
                  DRoy
                  No problem DRoy, like I said I like to have fun out here. It's a fascinating case but let's face it, none of us have any idea what the hell really happened...

Now I'm going to jump over to that interesting Liz Stride thread...

Greg

Comment

James Berry was a very interesting man - he tried to be a good, relatively humane executioner, but had several awful experiences in his career (his beheading hanging of Robert Goodale in 1884 was one of them). Eventually he got fed up and became an eloquent spokesperson against capital punishment (bravo for him, actually!). Still he was also a man with some degree of pride in his work. He had those fancy calling cards to hand out proclaiming him as public executioner. This in an age when it usually was not bragged about.
                    Anyone interested in knowing more about James Berry should be directed towards Stewart P Evans' excellent biography entitled, "Executioner. the Chronicles of a Victorian Hangman".
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Blotchy-last credible "suspect" seen with MK
                      I always find the inclusion of "Blotchy" in a list of suspects confusing. Surely "Blotchy" is a description, not a suspect? Likewise, "Astrakhan Man", "Broad Shoulders", "Pipeman".

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post

Roy
                        Where is it written that they have to?

Comment

DRoy
                          As I said, a childish debate
                          Having said several times there are better suspects out there I really do not think it was that big an ask for you drop a few names for me to check out was it? For the record i have looked very carefully at the other main suspects.

killing in a similar style of 'Jack' became a fad all over the world including the East End of London
                          While there was some brutal murders, Keppel and others have studied this and concluded that the type of genital mutilations on most of the ripper victims was extremely rare. This does not include MacKenzie, it does very much include Ellen Bury (as i will hope to show in a new thread coming soon)
                          And so it happens that there is only one person in the world that decade who exhibited similar post murder ritualistic behavior happened to live within walking distance of the murders and left shortly after they stopped.

That alone should make Bury our strongest suspect by a country mile. Everything else, his bizarre trip to Dundee, his frequent violence towards his wife, his unusual behavior when Jack the Ripper was mentioned, Berry, the chalk on the wall, and much more - all this is interesting but extra.

But I appreciate this exchange of emails and ideas, and certainly do enjoy it when intelligent people like yourself spend the time to argue about these points.

The only annoyance I have with you is despite myself and others having spent hours uploading trial notes and associated witness statements which are only a few mouse clicks away for anyone to read you continue to assert the most of the information on Bury is from third hand / spurious / unreliable sources? whats that all about?

Comment

Boggles,

I hope from now on we can be a little more civil? Let's keep it about 'Jack' and leave the shenanigans out?

You're right, it isn't too much to ask for my suspect but as said, I prefer to let evidence speak for itself and don't have a pet theory or suspect. I also said that I trust the contemporary suspects where evidence exists more than I trust other suspects. If you want me to name who I mean then with all do respect you do need to check out the other suspects being discussed.

You say genital mutilations is important but I fail to see why? How many Ripper victims had them? How do you know they were Ripper victims? Sorry Boggles, this is what I mean about reviewing other threads.

I do seriously look forward to your new thread. I truly hope you will provide something that will make us all take notice. Isn't that why we're all here? To learn and hopefully contribute to the field?

Boggles, I hope this post at least settles us both down so we can appreciate each others contribution. I do appreciate absolutely everything about the Ripper including newspaper reports. I know you've contributed alot to the Bury threads by posting previously unseen info and for that we all thank you. I hope you'll appreciate my position that newspaper reports aren't the gospel so while interesting they can't always be trusted. If we can ageee on that then I think we can at least have debates on the content of the reports rather than the candidate himself.

I've done the same as you and posted what I originally thought as very important. After 'discussion' and 'debate' it seems my findings weren't that great and mostly discredited by the best in the biz. Sometimes we win sometimes we lose.

Look forward to your posts and further debate Boggles

Cheers
                            DRoy

Comment

Droy,

I hope from now on we can be a little more civil? Let's keep it about 'Jack' and leave the shenanigans out?
                              I have no idea what you mean, at what point was i not civil?

with all do respect you do need to check out the other suspects being discussed
                              Sorry Boggles, this is what I mean about reviewing other threads.
                              As i said before i have done and continue to do so

I've done the same as you and posted what I originally thought as very important.
                              Droy with all due respect I don't think i have ever met anyone quite so patronizing or smug as you

Comment

Boggles,

Whatever. I tried.

I'll check in to this thread in a year like I have over the years and see you and the Bury clan talking about the same books and same 'evidence' over and over again. I'm sure i'll see your name as the last poster to every single Bury thread as it almost is now...

Or...

... In the alternative I'd love to see you contribute outside your Bury bubble where we can talk about something of value and not just about how much you don't like what I post.

I won't get into personal comments like you have. You want to talk Ripper then join another thread and lets debate. It won't be just me and you though, when you leave this thread there are experts that haven't been in the Bury threads so please beware. You can call that smug or you can interpret me the right way...I want to learn and believe you can contribute to that.

You've been called out again. Coming or staying?

Cheers
                                DRoy

Comment

Working...
                                X