WH Bury Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
    Alice Mackenzie is a Ripper victim until proven otherwise.

Rainbow°
    Rainbow,

I happen to believe that she was a ripper victim, however that is a belief, and is not the general accepted view.

it is wrong to say she is a ripper victim, she is a possible ripper victim.

And if she is, we can remove, Bury, Druiit, Tumblety, Levy and several others

But it is not proven and we should not assume she is until such time..

Incidentally the research I began last week, after Fish gave his opinion that the Neck wounds were secondary in the Nichols case has lead to some interesting places.

yes we have the often cited apparent similarity between Mackenzie's and some of the Nichols wounds.

However there are also possibilities, which may link Maczenkie not just to Nichols, but Chapman and Eddowes.

Not sure how long this will take me, and will probably end up as a series of posts. .

Steve,

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      Rainbow,

I happen to believe that she was a ripper victim, however that is a belief, and is not the general accepted view.

it is wrong to say she is a ripper victim, she is a possible ripper victim.

And if she is, we can remove, Bury, Druiit, Tumblety, Levy and several others

But it is not proven and we should not assume she is until such time..

Incidentally the research I began last week, after Fish gave his opinion that the Neck wounds were secondary in the Nichols case has lead to some interesting places.

yes we have the often cited apparent similarity between Mackenzie's and some of the Nichols wounds.

However there are also possibilities, which may link Maczenkie not just to Nichols, but Chapman and Eddowes.

Not sure how long this will take me, and will probably end up as a series of posts. .

Steve,
      Can I ask you, Steve, what is your professional background?

Comment

Side note, Tabram had recieved 9 stabs in her neck.

Rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
          He didn't kill Mackenzie...

Mackenzie is more a ripper victim than some of the C5 plus Tabram...
          Which of the C5 would that be? I can only think of Stride, but even Stride had her throat slashed and not stabbed & dragged like McKenzie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Harry D: You choose to interpret 'drunken' as paralytic.

No, that was YOU interpreting it for me and putting words in my mouth, as per usual.

Under influence must not mean drunken, but drunken must mean under influence.
            Let's dispense with the semantics. You latched onto my description of Bury in an attempt to discredit him as a suspect and failed.

Aha - so violent drunkards ARE silent, stealthy, careful people.

Geez - you learn something new every day.
            Depends on the context.

Comment

Can I ask you, Steve, what is your professional background?

Certainly can.

Medical Research/ Natural Sciences, 35 years in medical schools and public research bodies in the Uk

Not teaching, not so illustrious, backroom staff so to speak, the ones who do the actual research.

worked in various areas of research including, dementia, neoplastic diseases (cancers) muscular development and growth plus loads more.
              As you can see no specialization, very general in the field.

Just to make it clear, not medically qualified, but have worked with those who are all my working life, hence I understand/know what Payne-James says is accurate as far as such statements can be.
              And why by the way i did not say I would like the views of a second expert in that case.

And 25 years in politics.

anything else ask, no problem.

Steve
              Last edited by Elamarna; 11-14-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Harry D: Let's dispense with the semantics. You latched onto my description of Bury in an attempt to discredit him as a suspect and failed.

Your description of Bury was "a drunken wife-beater", so Iīd say that you were the one who failed to keep Bury on the list of probable killers.

As I said in an earlier post, I have no problems accepting that people taking in alcohol can be careful and silent. They are, however, not drunk in the established meaning of the word.

That was why I pointed out to you that Bury was known as a violent drunkenbolt, something that tallies quite badly with being the Ripper.

I have no wish to "discredit" him as the Ripper. I am not playing games, as you yourself seem to do. I am weighing up the possibilities, and I find Bury lacking in probability for many reasons, reasons that I have given before.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                  Certainly can.

Medical Research/ Natural Sciences, 35 years in medical schools and public research bodies in the Uk

Not teaching, not so illustrious, backroom staff so to speak, the ones who do the actual research.

worked in various areas of research including, dementia, neoplastic diseases (cancers) muscular development and growth plus loads more.
                  As you can see no specialization, very general in the field.

Just to make it clear, not medically qualified, but have worked with those who are all my working life, hence I understand/know what Payne-James says is accurate as far as such statements can be.
                  And why by the way i did not say I would like the views of a second expert in that case.

And 25 years in politics.

anything else ask, no problem.

Steve
                  Many thanks for that, Steve!

Comment

Your description of Bury was "a drunken wife-beater", so Iīd say that you were the one who failed to keep Bury on the list of probable killers.
                    Not really, it's only you and your sock puppet that have a problem.

Let's say that the Ripper was an "alcoholic wife-beater". Is that any better or do you wish to quibble some more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      Not really, it's only you and your sock puppet that have a problem.

Let's say that the Ripper was an "alcoholic wife-beater". Is that any better or do you wish to quibble some more?
                      If you believe that a poster is a sock puppet of mine, you should report it to the adinistrators, Harry. I have seen sock puppets out here before, and I loathe the use of such things, so you would be doing me a personal favour.

Are you now saying that Bury was an alcoholic who only beat up on hos wife when sober? Is that it?
                      Because others describe him as a violent drunkenbolt, and I of course jumped to the conclusion that he was given to violence when getting drunk.

Maybe that is all wrong. Maybe he was a drunkenbolt, but given to violence only when sober?

PS. On the topic of the thread, Iīd suggest that you yurself are becoming an increasing problem for Buryīs credibility as a suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                        If you believe that a poster is a sock puppet of mine, you should report it to the adinistrators, Harry. I have seen sock puppets out here before, and I loathe the use of such things, so you would be doing me a personal favour.

Are you now saying that Bury was an alcoholic who only beat up on hos wife when sober? Is that it?
                        Because others describe him as a violent drunkenbolt, and I of course jumped to the conclusion that he was given to violence when getting drunk.

Maybe that is all wrong. Maybe he was a drunkenbolt, but given to violence only when sober?

PS. On the topic of the thread, Iīd suggest that you yurself are becoming an increasing problem for Buryīs credibility as a suspect.
                        What on earth is a "drunkenbolt"? There's no reason to be making up words.

No, I'm saying that the notion that the Ripper was little more than an alcoholic wife-beater is an ugly truth that doesn't appeal to the imagination. How is a lowly bum like Bury supposed to compare with a Mad Doctor, a Jewish schizo, or even an innocent carman? However, Bury fits the psychological profile for the killer, and like many serial killers he imploded and was the architect of his own demise.

Bury moved to London in late 1887.
                        Bury lived in the East End during the autumn of terror.
                        Bury had access to a pony & cart to travel between Bow & Whitechapel.
                        Bury was known to go missing for days.
                        Bury left London not long after Mary Kelly's murder.
                        The murders ceased/subsided after Bury left London.
                        Bury strangled his wife and performed abdominal mutilations on her corpse.
                        There was Ripper graffiti left at Bury's household (possible confession?)
                        Bury feared that he would be arrested as the Ripper
                        For reasons unknown to us, hangman James Berry believed that Bury was the Ripper.

Now all of these points can be dissected individually but when taken as a whole they present us with a named suspect par excellence. To contend otherwise is to deny the facts in front of them.

Comment

No, I'm saying that the notion that the Ripper was little more than an alcoholic wife-beater is an ugly truth that doesn't appeal to the imagination. How is a lowly bum like Bury supposed to compare with a Mad Doctor, a Jewish schizo, or even an innocent carman? However, Bury fits the psychological profile for the killer, and like many serial killers he imploded and was the architect of his own demise.

For reasons unknown to us, hangman James Berry believed that Bury was the Ripper.

Now all of these points can be dissected individually but when taken as a whole they present us with a named suspect par excellence. To contend otherwise is to deny the facts in front of them.
                          Hi Harry

You've pretty much summed up why Bury is far and away the best Ripper suspect.

Cheers John

Comment

-person of interest by contemporary police
                            -was known to be violent toward women (before the murder of his wife.)
                            -fits the avg joe profile of most serial killers
                            -is not ruled out by witnesss descriptions
                            -known to frequent pubs, prostitutes

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              -person of interest by contemporary police
                              -was known to be violent toward women (before the murder of his wife.)
                              -fits the avg joe profile of most serial killers
                              -is not ruled out by witnesss descriptions
                              -known to frequent pubs, prostitutes
                              Hi Abby

Those are some more points in Bury's favour as a suspect.

Cheers John

Comment

• Harry D: What on earth is a "drunkenbolt"? There's no reason to be making up words.

Somebody who is given to drinking alcohol and who is drunk on a regular basis.
                                Why canīt I make up words when you make up that I use sock puppets?

No, I'm saying that the notion that the Ripper was little more than an alcoholic wife-beater is an ugly truth that doesn't appeal to the imagination.

Oh, but you donīt know that the Ripper WAS little more than an alcoholic wife-beater. And I donīt agree myself that a seemingly lowly man could not have been the Ripper. I know the statistics far too well for that.

How is a lowly bum like Bury supposed to compare with a Mad Doctor, a Jewish schizo, or even an innocent carman?

I think he would compare quite well with the latter two categories.

However, Bury fits the psychological profile for the killer, and like many serial killers he imploded and was the architect of his own demise.

But we donīt know the "psychological profile for the killer". And if you refer to the FBI, they are very ofte very wrong. Profiling is a lot of fun, but very unsafe.
                                And that "like many serial killers" is a tad odd. Those who implode and shape their own demise are in fact not very common.

Can I remind you how you normally say that any number of people may have passed Bucks Row at 3.40 in the morning?

[B]Can I remind you how you normally say that any number of people may have passed Bucks Row at 3.40 in the morning?

[B]Can I remind you how you normally say that any number of people may have passed Bucks Row at 3.40 in the morning?

Did they?

Wonīt go over that again - there are HEAPS of differences, and MacKenzie (killed after Bury was hanged) is a lot better likeness than Ellen Bury.

So he - or somebody else - knew about the Ripperīs existence? Yippe-kay-yay!

Letīs face it - the Ripper wasnīt a popular man. To Bury, it would not matter if he was hanged as the killer or as the Ripper. Hanged is hanged.

He had perhaps read Casebook.

How much must I cheer? Is it okay of I say that Bury belongs to the top twenty, top thirty suspects? He was the kind of man the police turn to when they find no useful suspect factually connected to the crimes, sort of a second rate category. And donīt get me wrong, it HAS happened that the perpetrators have been found in this category. But to be really viable, they need to be a lot more spot on than Bury, methinks.

How am I doing? Second-rate suspect, not very viable but nevertheless on the list on account of the dearth of worthy candidates. Is that okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X