Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
    What are you on about?
    To be fair, it is regularly said that John Richardson could not have missed Chapman, since he would have smelt her.

Whether that is true or not, I canīt say. I never have corpses lying around in my garden.

But certainly, an indoors corpse would be more likely to smell than an outdoors ditto?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      To be fair, it is regularly said that John Richardson could not have missed Chapman, since he would have smelt her.

Whether that is true or not, I canīt say. I never have corpses lying around in my garden.

But certainly, an indoors corpse would be more likely to smell than an outdoors ditto?
      There really are some complete morons on this site.

Comment

I completely agree with you here John

Rainbow°

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainbow View Post

Rainbow°
          Do you? Fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainbow View Post

Rainbow°
            So you agree with who I think are morons then? Interesting.

Comment

Yeah. Itīs a shame they donīt have the good sense to go away.

But this is ending up on the same shitpile as always when discussing with you, so Iīm out myself instead.

Comment

• I like Bury as a suspect lots of things to include and impossible to exclude.
                One thing about Bury as a suspect that puzzles me.

Bury has argument with his wife and murders her that's a fact. However in his drunken rage he decides not only to murder her but imitate or copy or do as much damage in a similar way to to Jack, it does not quite add up. !

There is evidence of copy cat killers throughout history but how many lived where the original killer operated.

Suttcliffe during his reign of terror , I can't recall any wife murders by husbands who copied Sutcilffes M.O.
                Bury leaving London is puzzling. In these current days mass migration it is not uncommon however back in 1888 would of thought less so.
                It is not like earn a penny a hour in London but Dundee do a similar job in Dundee for 5 pennies a hour.
                Weather Bury is in your list or not he can't be discarded and a lot of puzzling things so rounding Bury don't make sense in 1888

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
                  I like Bury as a suspect lots of things to include and impossible to exclude.
                  One thing about Bury as a suspect that puzzles me.

Bury has argument with his wife and murders her that's a fact. However in his drunken rage he decides not only to murder her but imitate or copy or do as much damage in a similar way to to Jack, it does not quite add up. !

There is evidence of copy cat killers throughout history but how many lived where the original killer operated.

Suttcliffe during his reign of terror , I can't recall any wife murders by husbands who copied Sutcilffes M.O.
                  Bury leaving London is puzzling. In these current days mass migration it is not uncommon however back in 1888 would of thought less so.
                  It is not like earn a penny a hour in London but Dundee do a similar job in Dundee for 5 pennies a hour.
                  Weather Bury is in your list or not he can't be discarded and a lot of puzzling things so rounding Bury don't make sense in 1888
                  I agree. Why mutilate her abdomen? He kills her in an angry drunken rage, there is no need for the overkill. Especially if he is concerned about being called jack the ripper. This concern might also have something to do with why he left London. That is if he was the ripper, he was worried about getting caught and wanted to get out of dodge. So much so that he lied about having a reason to move to Dundee.

Why did he want to leave town? Why Was he worried people might think he was the ripper? If he was the ripper it would make a lot of sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    I agree. Why mutilate her abdomen? He kills her in an angry drunken rage, there is no need for the overkill. Especially if he is concerned about being called jack the ripper. This concern might also have something to do with why he left London. That is if he was the ripper, he was worried about getting caught and wanted to get out of dodge. So much so that he lied about having a reason to move to Dundee.

Why did he want to leave town? Why Was he worried people might think he was the ripper? If he was the ripper it would make a lot of sense.
                    Hereīs a suggestion: Bury kills his wife in a drunken rage (seemingly totally un-Ripperlike), and then he comes to and sobers up and thinks: "Sweet Jesus, what have I done? How do I get out of this?"
                    He knows that he needs to get rid of the body, but he canīt bring himself to dismember his dead wife, and so he realizes that she may be found. The next step is therefore to try and deflect guilt; "If it looks like a Ripper deed, I may get away with it even if sheīs found!"

Then, when he was caught, the cut to his wifeīs abdomen worked against him, and he realized that there was a risk that he would be looked upon as the Ripper. That would mean that whatever chance he stood of avoding the gallows was effectively gone.

I think that works rather neatly.
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 11-19-2016, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• ... and that's the puzzle of Bury. Two plausible reasons one for and one against.
                      That's probably why I personally have Bury as my favourite suspect he can never be eliminated from the suspect list and regularly comes in the top half of many suspects.
                      Weather he was or was not Jack we may never know but in my opinion one of the major suspects if and if Jack is hidden among known suspects.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
                        ... and that's the puzzle of Bury. Two plausible reasons one for and one against.
                        That's probably why I personally have Bury as my favourite suspect he can never be eliminated from the suspect list and regularly comes in the top half of many suspects.
                        Weather he was or was not Jack we may never know but in my opinion one of the major suspects if and if Jack is hidden among known suspects.
                        Since I have no doubt whatsoever that the Ripper and the Torso killer were one and the same, Bury is off my list of possible killers.

Comment

• I was hoping to see some developments, but all I see is a guy named John ruining a grain's good name. Change it to 'Chaff' and carry on.

Mike
                          huh?

Comment

I think that works rather neatly.
                            I don't. Bury must have sobered up quickly, because the wounds were inflicted "very near to the time of death".

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                              I don't. Bury must have sobered up quickly, because the wounds were inflicted "very near to the time of death".
                              So when still under the influence of alcohol, he would never have come up with the idea of emulating the Ripper (well...)? He needed to be stone cold sober before he could engineer such a master plan?
                              What I am saying is that he may have acted in an alcohol-fuelled rage, that tapered off afterwards. No need to sober up completely.

Bu the bye, exactly how near to death in time is "very near"?
                              Last edited by Fisherman; 11-19-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Yeah. Itīs a shame they donīt have the good sense to go away.

But this is ending up on the same shitpile as always when discussing with you, so Iīm out myself instead.
                                Why do you keep posting then? Frankly I think everyone other than Rainbow would prefer it if you ****ed off.
                                Last edited by John Wheat; 11-19-2016, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X