X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

No sawdust in the back yard of 29, Hanbury Street?
    Not unless it was left by John McCarthy, the furniture maker.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    bury is one of about half dozen least weak suspects. of course his candidature would rule out mckenzie as a ripper victim, which is my biggest issue with him as the ripper.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    Again I say, there was no sawdust found at any of the crime scenes.
    No sawdust in the back yard of 29, Hanbury Street?

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    OK, fair enough. He wasn't working late into the night and early morning when he killed. And if he was, he probably had a broom and dust bin. Seriously, it would have been a perfect cover.

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    Considering Bury spent most of the time when he was allegedly working getting drunk it hardly rules Bury out.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi John,

Fair points of course.

I certainly don’t dismiss Bury as a suspect; far from it and I certainly wouldn’t mock or criticise anyone for favouring him. I think that he’s one of the very few suspects worth looking at but, and this goes for every suspect for me, I can never understand when it’s taken to ‘game over’ level which it has been by some on Bury.

Hi Herlock

Good Post. While I favour Bury as a suspect. I agree it is certainly not game over and I think that anyone who says that is not looking at the evidence.

Cheers John

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

You make some good points Herlock but Bury's wife was a prostitute. Also it is perfectly possible a ligature was used by the Ripper. And if Bury was the Ripper then the Ripper didn't evade capture.
    Hi John,

Fair points of course.

I certainly don’t dismiss Bury as a suspect; far from it and I certainly wouldn’t mock or criticise anyone for favouring him. I think that he’s one of the very few suspects worth looking at but, and this goes for every suspect for me, I can never understand when it’s taken to ‘game over’ level which it has been by some on Bury.

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Apart from the facts that Bury’s victim was his wife and not a prostitute.
    Apart from the fact that her throat wasn’t cut.
    Apart from the fact that the cuts were shallower than the rippers.
    Apart from the fact that he owned up as opposed to the ripper who avoided capture.
    Apart from the fact that he used a rope to strangle her.
    Apart from the fact that he hid the body in a trunk.

Apart from that then yeah exactly the same.....guilty as charged. Well done Baron
    You make some good points Herlock but Bury's wife was a prostitute. Also it is perfectly possible a ligature was used by the Ripper. And if Bury was the Ripper then the Ripper didn't evade capture.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Apart from the facts that Bury’s victim was his wife and not a prostitute.
    Apart from the fact that her throat wasn’t cut.
    Apart from the fact that the cuts were shallower than the rippers.
    Apart from the fact that he owned up as opposed to the ripper who avoided capture.
    Apart from the fact that he used a rope to strangle her.
    Apart from the fact that he hid the body in a trunk.

Apart from that then yeah exactly the same.....guilty as charged. Well done Baron

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    According to this:

From the lower end of the wound opening into the abdomen, on the left side were several superficial cuts little more than penetrating the cuticle, and running down to the pubis. Running downwards from the centre of the pubis to the outer side of the left labium was an incised wound 2 ½ inches in length penetrating the skin and fat. On the inner side of the right labium was a wound 2 inches in length penetrating the skin. Beginning about an inch behind the anus was an incised wound running forwards and to the left into the perineum, and dividing the sphincter muscle.

Bury is the suspect #1

With that above, his suspect status outweighs all other suspects combined

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• dantheman
    replied
    Besides Ed Kemper, are there any other serial killers who have killed "loved ones" or family members using the exact MO as there victims who were complete strangers?

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Strangulation, deep post-abdominal and facial mutilations. McKenzie's throat had been stabbed and dragged, not slashed as per previous victims, and her mutilations were superficial. You'll retort that Ellen Bury's throat wasn't cut at all, but there wasn't the same necessity to silence the victim in this case as there was on the crowded streets of Whitechapel.
    Strangulation is an extremely common method of killing when it comes to domestic affairs. I would guess that it os by far the most common one. It is therefore of very little interest in this issue, not least since it is not something we know happened to all Ripper victims.
    That leaves you with the abdominal cut and the facial mutilations. The cut to the abdomen, 4 1/2 inches long, we have had described. But I have not seen the facial mutilations you speak of described, Harry. Could you expand on the subject, please?

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    The best thing that you can do with Bury, is to play card with him...

Rainbow°

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    If strangulation is enough to silence the victims, why to bother cut the throat at all...

Tabram's throat was also stabbed several times... 9 times !

Using the knife is more Ripperish than strangulation, which was not always the case in all the C5..

and after he strangulated her to death, what did he do, inserted his knife a little in her abdomin...?!

The man who turned Kelly into a thousand pieces will be satisfied by such a cut ?!

No need for a throat cut, but need just to make such a little abdomin cut ?!

A facial mutilation ?! was Ellen's ears, eyelids or nose even cut as that we saw on Eddowes and Kelly ?! you must be kidding...

At least there is a doctor's report who examined Mckenzie and who positively testified it was the work of the same hand.

Rainbow°

Leave a comment:

Working...
X