Convince me that it wasn't Barnett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filby View Post

Most of the victims of JtR had "falling out" with their male counterparts within a short time prior to their fate.. This led them to the streets and to the drink even more. I would like to read on some debate as to whether this is something worth discussing or all too common?
    Hi Filby,

I think that for most of the Ripper victims, the falling out didn't happen as close to their murders as for Kelly, and usually the falling out resulted from the women's excessive drinking, so there probably wasn't any jealousy involved. The men left the women because they didn't want to continue the relationships. However, I agree with kensei that it seems very unlikely to me that he would have killed Nichols, and same way with Chapman and Eddowes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Sure you would, because you don't know I was involved and debating the Diary since Casebook began.
      Eventually, I learned it was a lost cause, I won't waste my time on that rubbish anymore.

As this is a Barnett thread, another in a long line of Barnett threads, we can discuss him if you like. Or perhaps you should look up all the previous Barnett threads to see what has been proposed, and how he was reasonably dismissed by most. At least he is a more legitimate person of interest.
      Bruce Paley's No.1 fan Leanne, tried for years on Casebook to promote Barnett as a suspect.

Theories just don't get out the gate with Barnett.
      He claimed to be staying at Bullers lodging house, where he played whist until 12:30am, then went to bed.
      The police knowing this will obviously check if he could leave without anyone knowing. Had there been any cause for suspicion they wouldn't have released him. They did question him for about 2 hours, and checked his clothes for blood.

Any theories about Barnett only amount to 'what-ifs', its all conjecture.
      There are no decent suspects.
      Interesting post regarding Barnett however your last line is wrong. Bury is a good suspect.

Comment

Working...
      X